Outdoor Noob grows sensi N/L auto outdoor.

Reaction score
First time grower here so any input would be appreciated, good and bad!

Strain : sensi northern lights
Soil : 40% seedling raising mix 30% coco coir 30% perlite
Nutrients : advanced nutrients micro, grow and bloom, b-52, ryzo and nitroMax17 for veg
And for flowering: advanced nutrients bud candy, bud factor, big bud, rhino skin, and sensizyme...

So this is my first ever auto so it's my first time with lst as well, so let me know if I fucked up lol she's about 15 days now... Hope I didn't Fuck up? Did I train her too early?

Attachments

• IMAG0502.jpg
    IMAG0502.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMAG0489.jpg
    IMAG0489.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 196
  • IMAG0506.jpg
    IMAG0506.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 187
Hey great to meet you!! Looking pretty good for an outdoor start! I like the straw you used as ground cover...good for both dirt splash back and for keep the soil a bit cooler due to its light colour. As for the training, try to get yourself some plastic coated garden wire. It allows much more stalk manipulation than string.
Have you started to feed yet? What is your plant for a feeding schedule for the plants?

Oh I have written a guide on Maximizing outdoor autos, you might find some valuable information in the guide https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...owing-under-the-sun.56402/page-5#post-1288176

Good luck!!

Nice to meet you greenskull, thanks for the input, I've been lurking on forums for a while now and have picked up some good info after a few fails have taught meself a few good lessons ...

So I started training at the right time?

I did give her a very light feed at week 1 and I think I gave her a little nute burn, one leaf went brown right at the tip, so I backed off then it rained a couple days after that which was a couple days ago, now it is going to be 41 degrees today (I think 120ish f)
I'm thinking feed her in a couple days but before that I will have a read of the link!

Thanks for the kind words and advice, will get some wire (I'm a lazy cunt lol) much appreciated!!!

Using advance nutrients I start feeding light(1ml base nutes per liter to start) at day 10. Search out "Tang Advanced Nutrients feeding schedule"...works very well for autos.

I would like to hear about your failures, and what happened. Have you had a good outdoor grow so far?

Training might be a slight bit early. I start once the secondary branches unfold, usually at 4 nodes, but I have seen other guys train this early. A slightly early training wont be harmful. With the extreme heat you deal with, stain selection will be key, along with keeping the roots from cooking.

My first grow was last year just a bag seed from a friend and I just bought some shitty potting mix and fed tap water... Back then I didn't know Jack! It grew to about 4ft then got what I know now to be gnats! And all sorts of bugs eating the leaves so I google for answers and I came down to a neem oil spray, didn't really read in to detail how to use, (I'm a lazy cunt lol) just saw keep 25cm away then spray and it was 40+ degrees that day and I sprayed her in the morning before I went to work....

Came home to a murder scene!!! I cooked her!!!

I did germ a few autos around Dec but having all these nutes I just wanted to feed them everything lol and I think was a case of too much love! I now know "less is more"....I have not had a harvest but with the knowledge I got now and you on my side lol I have a chance lol

Since then I have been lurking online learning about sweet mj! And came across advance nutrients, and thought this is the best for a noob, no ph meter ec ppm, so I started purchasing nutes online then bought some beans online and.... Here we are!

There is a couple of outdoor gents I would like to tag into this thread. @hecno @orrganic These guys know heat and conditions like yours, and will help you out along the way.

4feet Nice...were you running Advanced nutrients on that plant before the incident? One big difference between photos and autos is autos are generally light feeders from my experience. If you attempt to use the recommended 4ml per liter(especially on a young auto), it will hurt the plant. Print out a feeding schedule and follow it closely.

Hi Aussie , Heat - Heat - Heat will be your biggest problem at the moment , as 192GreenSkell said - Roots - you will be surprised how hot the soil gets , it will be up around the high 30s which will slow the growth down big time . and with your soil mix you will have to keep a eye on the moisture content as it will evaporate very fast . With AN nutrients you are good to go there , I don't use them but have in the past . One thing you can do if you can is give it some shade on the very hot days which will help with the heat . :thumbsup:

Nice to meet you hecno! Heat we had yesterday was crazy but not too bad compared to last year's heat waves! Yesterday was 41 degrees (120ish F) I had the girls under shade cloth and they seemed happy and also I have been putting cardboard around the pots so it doesn't get direct sunlight... Glad you come along for the ride hecno, my chances of getting a harvest just got even better! Much appreciated!

Yeah 4ft and no I didn't have no nutes back then all I used was seasol, it's more of a soil conditioner and has beneficial bacteria and shit, but I must say it done alright .... Thanks greenskell! Thanks for reaching out to a noob as myself! :bongon:

Nice to meet you hecno! Heat we had yesterday was crazy but not too bad compared to last year's heat waves! Yesterday was 41 degrees (120ish F) I had the girls under shade cloth and they seemed happy and also I have been putting cardboard around the pots so it doesn't get direct sunlight... Glad you come along for the ride hecno, my chances of getting a harvest just got even better! Much appreciated!

Yeah 4ft and no I didn't have no nutes back then all I used was seasol, it's more of a soil conditioner and has beneficial bacteria and shit, but I must say it done alright .... Thanks greenskell! Thanks for reaching out to a noob as myself! :bongon:

Smart move on the covering the container with cardboard! Another good thing to do would dig a hole so the container is right in the ground. Hey no problem at all on the help bud. I want to help everyone who throws plans down under the sun, to succeed in a major way!!!!

Back