Harvest & Curing No Burping Required?

You burp to let out humidity, the packs keep the rh steady. I add mine when the bud is between 60 and 64%. Then you can keep it sealed.
Hi @Boveda

Is it true you don't need to burp jars when using the packs? If true, is there an FAQ or something that explains how it is you don't need to burp?

@HemiSync

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]

You burp to let out humidity, the packs keep the rh steady. I add mine when the bud is between 60 and 64%. Then you can keep it sealed.

Sent from my comfy chair.
[emoji16][emoji41] [emoji43][emoji848]
I agree about humidity being released, but I always thought part of the long cure and burping was to release the chlorophyll as it evaporates, getting rid of that green taste?

I have three 1/2 gallon bottles I just filled with 61% buds from my last grow. I would be willing to test a couple variables. One bottle burped as normal, one not burped at all, and the third bottle to be vacuumed sealed and not burped for the duration. All three with a large Boveda B62 pack in them. Then after a couple months I could see if any of the three smell/taste different.
456ED6AB-D139-41E7-86B7-29FBE4ECB586.jpeg

I have three 1/2 gallon bottles I just filled with 61% buds from my last grow. I would be willing to test a couple variables. One bottle burped as normal, one not burped at all, and the third bottle to be vacuumed sealed and not burped for the duration. All three with a large Boveda B62 pack in them. Then after a couple months I could see if any of the three smell/taste different.
View attachment 952254

HEMI I like your style ...constantly testing/trying various methods...so good for the soul...learning...living....nice brother:d5:

HEMI I like your style ...constantly testing/trying various methods...so good for the soul...learning...living....nice brother:d5:
I feel if I learn something new everyday then I must still be alive. :d5:

agreed. Next thing we know Hemi will be working on an experiment where he grows monster plants without using any light or nutrients!
:thanks:it’s just a subjective little experiment, that being an advocate for the long cure, I have always been interested in trying. Heck, my nose isn’t even good enough for this one. Although, my good friend can identify strains that they have only smelled once before so I will enlist the help of their nose when the time comes.

If you look under Instructions For Use > Herbal on this Boveda webpage you will see some good information including:

When you cure with Boveda:

• Burping cannabis for humidity is unnecessary with Boveda. Its 2-way humidity control automatically adds or absorbs pure water vapor to achieve an ideal relative humidity (RH) level for cannabis.

Although, they do specify for humidity purposes, so still not sure where that leaves us with things like chlorophyll.

View attachment 952254
This is awesome!!!!!

Back