Outdoor New to OG

Hi vasko0o, glad things are going well! If you're having problems with pests there are a few choices.
For a cheap, organic method you could crush some garlic up and add to water, to spray on the plants. The mix will deter some insects but rain will wash it off easily (adding hot chili to the mix will help to deter mammal pests too).
A more effective organic method is neem oil. Used in the same way, it will last longer and deter more insects, but costs more.
Commercially available organic sprays are also available (most of these contain neem oil), but they are also more costly than making them yourself.
Or you could use a chemical pesticide, which are usually more effective than organic methods and a little cheaper, but harmful to the environment and not really what you want to spray on something you are going to consume. Personally, I always try to use organic methods where possible and will only resort to chemicals as an absolute last resort- look after Mother Earth!
It's important to understand that outdoor grown plants will be prone to more pest attacks than indoor plants because there are simply more bugs out there. There are also the predators that eat those bugs though, and nature normally finds a balance. Just expect a little damage though, because a bit like a pizza delivery guy, you are providing them with food on their doorstep!

Hello guys ,sad news from my region ,the worst May I can ever recall. We have temperatures lower than March and its raining 3 times a day (no joke) ,my plants had 3 or 4 hours of sunlight for the past 2 weeks... Its gonna be absolutely the same this week too ,not sure if my plants gonna survive this ,one of them is looking half dead.
On the other hand I have 4 new additions to the squad!
The first one is OG Kush (Dinafem feminized photo):
IMG_20160513_153000.jpg
The second one is Afghani (regular photo) ,hope its gonna be female :D :
IMG_20160513_153648.jpg
The third one is "The Shiznit" (Short Stuff Seeds Auto) ,that makes them 2 of those in my garden ,the first one is the half dead guy I mentioned... :
IMG_20160513_153150.jpg
The fourth is unknown genetics ,bagseed ,Ill add some pictures of it next time. Those bagseed plants look super healthy and unkillable. I dont know what causes those little holes on my plants leaves ,is it the non-stop raining or spiders.Also are ants dangerous to my plants ,they have nest near my plants ,I dont want to kill them ,after all Im guest in their home... If my garden survives this horrible weather im gonna add atleast 3 more plants.
Is this a girl or a boy:
IMG_20160513_153112.jpg IMG_20160513_153352.jpg

Last edited:
Hello guys ,sad news from my region ,the worst May I can ever recall. We have temperatures lower than March and its raining 3 times a day (no joke) ,my plants had 3 or 4 hours of sunlight for the past 2 weeks... Its gonna be absolutely the same this week too ,not sure if my plants gonna survive this ,one of them is looking half dead.
On the other hand I have 4 new additions to the squad!
The first one is OG Kush (Dinafem feminized photo):
View attachment 568031
The second one is Afghani (regular photo) ,hope its gonna be female :D :
View attachment 568032
The third one is "The Shiznit" (Short Stuff Seeds Auto) ,that makes them 2 of those in my garden ,the first one is the half dead guy I mentioned... :
View attachment 568033
The fourth is unknown genetics ,bagseed ,Ill add some pictures of it next time. Those bagseed plants look super healthy and unkillable. I dont know what causes those little holes on my plants leaves ,is it the non-stop raining or spiders.Also are ants dangerous to my plants ,they have nest near my plants ,I dont want to kill them ,after all Im guest in their home... If my garden survives this horrible weather im gonna add atleast 3 more plants.
Is this a girl or a boy:
View attachment 568038 View attachment 568039
bummer about the freaky weather, nothing to do but wait for better

Ill take this as a lesson and not trust spring next year ,photos are doing great tho.

Hello guys ,my half dead Shiznit has made full recovery ,the weather spared it! I've lost like 2 weeks of sun with this crazy May.I think it's way too small for its age (2 weeks+).
IMG_20160519_182813.jpg
Im planning on making nettle tea ,on what age is safe to feed my ladies?

This bagseed plant is sooo beautiful ,the best in my garden so far ,I really really hope its gonna be female.There is ants nest next to it ,it laughs at all pests and rain ,all my other plants have little holes on the leaves but not this one:
IMG_20160522_142152.jpg

This bagseed plant is sooo beautiful ,the best in my garden so far ,I really really hope its gonna be female.There is ants nest next to it ,it laughs at all pests and rain ,all my other plants have little holes on the leaves but not this one:
View attachment 572535
hello man, good luck with your grow, just a bit of advice, beware the ant nest! although ants don't care to hurt your plants, they use aphids as we use cows and if you are not careful they will climb on your plants and colonize your buds with aphids so be cautious of them.

Hello @moutros ,I read they can cause major problems ,how can I deal with this problem?

I wish i knew...haha....i've been fighting with aphids ever since i started and i always end up losing some bud to them. Well anyway i would say first of all neem oil. Every week spray your plants over and under the leaves with neem dilluted in water spray. Secondly try to (as sad as it may be) get rid of the ants. Diatomeceous earth works well against them. And always ALWAYS check your plants under the leaves to see if you have ny aphids and crash them with your fingers...Best of luck to you!

Hi man, good to hear all your plants pulled through. Weather really sucks for everyone this year it seems.

One of my plants this round got infested with aphids at mid-late flowering.
I sprayed an infusion of mint, lavender and tobacco (about 4 cigarettes worth for a liter and a half) twice and they are now gone after less than a week, or the few ones I find are dead.
The plant was really infested (you can see it in my thread), I could pull hundreds of em by hand so if you have aphids try this method out, 100% natural .

As a preventative something I heard is to take some matches and plant them in the soil around your plant, red tip down. The sulfur should deter the ants and aphids.

Back