Outdoor New to OG

Reaction score
Hi outdoor growers,

hope you're all fine and well. I'd like to inform myself about something; what are the autos most suitable to be grown outdoors?
Which have proved strength and relatively good yields outdoors consistently?

Best outdoor auto..

man, now there is a question. Not best auto, but autos, as there are so many. A good place to begin is to ask yourself "what weather is my climate likely to give me during the growing season?" Especially, what is the usual weather at harvest time? If you have long growing season you may be able to plan grow to mature when fungus and mold are not a prob. I have short season, plants mature while weather is cooling and becoming more humid. I rely on fast finishers, and open growth habits (better circulation), keep green house dry except at pot, lots of room between plants. When looking for outdoor seeds I'd begin with those that are described as resistant and hardy, unless you live in an arid clime, then you won't need to worry about this. Read some outdoor grows and reviews. Some easy strains, at least in the green house: Fast&Vast, Sugar Black Rose, Blue Dream

Hello guys ,this is my first post ,I was about to ask the same question.I have a project in my mind for this year's growing season.Im living at lattitude 42 and elevation around 450 meters. I've read lots of strain reviews and currently "mi5 short stuff seeds" got my eye! I want to grow 5 of those! Is 50g yield realistic for all 5 plants together as of first time grow. Also would be the end of April the best time to sow my seeds ,so they can enter flowering in the best period of the year here (mid June)? Cheers .I admire all growers!!!

Hello guys ,this is my first post ,I was about to ask the same question.I have a project in my mind for this year's growing season.Im living at lattitude 42 and elevation around 450 meters. I've read lots of strain reviews and currently "mi5 short stuff seeds" got my eye! I want to grow 5 of those! Is 50g yield realistic for all 5 plants together as of first time grow. Also would be the end of April the best time to sow my seeds ,so they can enter flowering in the best period of the year here (mid June)? Cheers .I admire all growers!!!
Sow seeds when you would plant warm weather vegies, or, earlier if you have a cover to warm soil and protect seedlings. 42 degrees N, dude try some photos also, once you learn how to crop your autos and photos you will not run out of weed. Dig into AFN, you'll get so many ideas you won't know where to start, but start you must and learn you will, and, it's gonna be fun

Last edited:
Im planing a guerilla grow ,so I think autoflower plants will be better for me since they take less time till harvest (smaller chance to get ripped off), the weather here is fantastic tho.From april till late november always nice and sunny ,would be nice if I try some photos too! I live in a village near the woods ,so finding a spot is matter of time.

Im planing a guerilla grow ,so I think autoflower plants will be better for me since they take less time till harvest (smaller chance to get ripped off), the weather here is fantastic tho.From april till late november always nice and sunny ,would be nice if I try some photos too! I live in a village near the woods ,so finding a spot is matter of time.
find a spot that is an easy haul from water, your clime sounds good!

I went up on a hike today. Very bad news ,all the area I circled was filled up with tracks from people ,horses and rabbits (probably old folks with their horses going out for woods). Im not going to give up that easy ,I still have huge area to cover and search for a good spot. I managed to get some pictures of the soil types I came across. Can you tell me which one is the best (I've read good things about clay soil). Water isn't going to be a problem ,I have my good old russian truck ,it goes everywhere! Also would it be a better option if I mix my native soil with some BioBizz Light Mix?
IMG_20160127_142514.jpg IMG_20160127_142517.jpg IMG_20160127_143542.jpg IMG_20160127_143713.jpg IMG_20160127_143717.jpg IMG_20160127_144434.jpg

I would avoid clay soil, it doesn't drain well. If that's all there is you can dig oversize hole and work in well decomposed organic material, manure and or compost will loosen clay and help with drainage, as well as providing nutrients.. I've never used BioBizz, so don't know. Maybe find a spot that's a short walk in from where you park the truck, more work for you, but will cut down on unwanted traffic.

When do you guys think I can start growing autos outdoors?

Looking at historical averages where I live..

February (high and low):

20 C/ 9 C

March:

24 C/ 11 C

April

28 C / 14 C

Any input is highly appreciated! I was thinking about starting them inside under CFL for two weeks then put them outside.. in pots in a balcony.

Back