Grow Mediums New to Coco, New to Autoflowers

Vorkosigan

I have a jungle of happy trees.
Reaction score
Hello friendly people,

Like the title says I'm new to Coco and autoflowers. I have two journals over on the photo side, one is my beast of a Platinum Girl Scout Cookies that's been vegging for 14wks in a five gallon fabric pot (just switched to 12/12 today). This may mean that my grows will wrap up around the same time, except my outdoor seedlings, woohoo for first grows and harvests!

The stats:
1 Mephisto Genetics Auto Elite bean, lovingly called Mimi (Mephisto Mystery shortened...it's okay, I'm a dork and I know it).
2gal equivalent Airpot
Botanicare Ready-Gro Moisture Mix
Roots Organics Oregonism XL (Mycos)
Nectar for the Gods nutrients
Galaxy Hydro 180w UFO light which is centered over my PGSC, there are also two citrus trees in the tent with the girls. My new light (Amare SE450 + UVB) should be here next week.
12/12 Light schedule, want my beast flowered so my first auto has to suffer.

After soaking the seed for 24hrs it was placed in a jiffy pot in a propagator on a heat mat. 24hrs later she was pushing above ground - 7May.

9May - 2.5" tall and transplanted into her pot. Rolled her jiffy pot in the Oregonism XL and put the rest of the 1tsp into the hole made for her. I pH'd water down to 5.7 (0ppm) and gave her about 1 cup spread out 1.5" radius from her.

11May - gave another 1 cup of pH'd water spread out to 1.5" radius from her.

13May - 4" tall. Mixed 2 liters of 24-hr rested tap water with 1/4tsp of Medusa Magic, Gaia Mania, Demeter's Destiny, Zeus Juice, & Herculean Harvest. pH'd with Hades Down to 5.8 and final ppm 240. Fed 1 cup spread out 1.5" radius from her.

First day above soil. IMG_3355.jpg
I feel bad that she's a super-stretchy girl, this was at transplant time. IMG_3379.jpg
Current status:IMG_3402.jpg IMG_3403.jpg I have a small circulation fan blowing between her and the PGSC, trying to build up her strength before she gets too top heavy. The new light has a bigger footprint and better penetration so she should have an easier time once I get it into the tent.

Thanks for hanging out and meeting Mimi!

I think you'd have a happier plant if you went out and bought a couple of veg CFLs for her. You can place them very close to your plant and that will stop her stretching.

CFLs are really hard to beat when the plants are babies. That doesn't mean you turn your LED off; it just means that adding a couple of close CFLs will help give the babes a better start.

I will follow this grow to c how it all works out I want to order ,himalyan diesel, says it's supposed to be nice, I'm a newbie first time ever for growing

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using Tapatalk

I went in today & she had fallen over but top turned upward towards the light. I removed the vertical support & put it underneath her stem to prop her up off the soil. She has sprouted the next set of leaves so I'm willing to let her ride to see if she survives her self-induced LST (really my fault for her stretch).

another AMARE owner (or soon to be) subbed up dude how high do you have your light from your plant I usually start at about 3 feet if they stretch lower it by 6 inches until you get your desired height had a few stretch on me just propped them up with coco after a few days they strengthen up good luck with the rest of your grow :pass:

Hey @Wile e Peyote, I appreciate you coming by, there's a squat space near the citrus trees. Victor said my light would ship out this upcoming week, I had ordered after 4/20 week so they were super backed up in the factory.
The PGSC photo gets prime space under the light so I would say Mimi is a good 3' from the Galaxy Hydro 180w that I have now, she's about 10" from the CFL I added to help her get established and stop stretching.
This is her spot. image.jpg
This is the tent space - Mimi, Betty the PGSC, a Yuzu tree & a Bergamot that is hiding behind Betty.image.jpg
The SE450 is going to be amazing for the tent & make for happy plants.

Hey @Wile e Peyote, I appreciate you coming by, there's a squat space near the citrus trees. Victor said my light would ship out this upcoming week, I had ordered after 4/20 week so they were super backed up in the factory.
The PGSC photo gets prime space under the light so I would say Mimi is a good 3' from the Galaxy Hydro 180w that I have now, she's about 10" from the CFL I added to help her get established and stop stretching.
This is her spot. View attachment 568961
This is the tent space - Mimi, Betty the PGSC, a Yuzu tree & a Bergamot that is hiding behind Betty.View attachment 568962
The SE450 is going to be amazing for the tent & make for happy plants.
Your going to love the light dude I've got the se250 cob and 2x 150 cree panels and great customer service I think you can put the cfl at least 6 inches away but just check for info on cfls in the lighting section just to sure

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Back