Lighting New Cidly Apollo 4 LED - Custom

Iam up by Algonquin park bro nice thread. Apollo by cidly is a wicked light. I was at there wholesale website and they had a 1200 watt light called the king kong. Do they have a retail site too cidly ?

Hey bro, lucky you nice area around there :grin: I go up to Huntsville often.

I don't think Cidly has a retail website... all their lights are sold on Aliexpress tho, cheapest place to get them anyway.

I asked guys at Cidleys for the following spectrum.
1x IR 730nm
5x deep red 660nm
1x red 630nm
2x Blue 450nm
3x white 5700k
3 x white 6000K

They replied me saying this spectrrum is not availaible as it is too much power to load by driver. They say I can only have 5 blue and whites combined. That is very weird.

1x IR 730nm
5x deep red 660nm
1x red 630nm
2x Blue 450nm
3x white 5700k
3 x white 6000K

They replied me saying this spectrrum is not availaible as it is too much power to load by driver. They say I can only have 5 blue and whites combined. That is very weird.

If you go and look at single LEDs, you'll find that, each color has different power requirements. Some run at 2volts, 2.5, 3, etc so its a juggling act to blend them in a circuit. This is a very simplified answer, but it will give you the idea that its not just a matter of how many can i plug into a board.

1x IR 730nm
5x deep red 660nm
1x red 630nm
2x Blue 450nm
3x white 5700k
3 x white 6000K

Hmm this is weird tho because az2000 just ordered a custom one with 15x white 3750K / module

Very interesting thread this. I've actually just ordered the exact same Apollo 4 from Cidly with your LED specifications, Hansbricks. Can't wait to get it up and running!

Sweet man, hope it works out well for you.
:Sharing One:

Hmm this is weird tho because az2000 just ordered a custom one with 15x white 3750K / module

Actually, I had to cancel that order this morning. They informed me the same thing as Evo, that whites use more voltage (current?). So, I'm just doing the GN Rebel spectrum.

Also learned Epistar LEDs don't have a wide white range to choose from. At 3w there are 3200-3500k and 5500-6500k. (Maybe another in the 10000-12000k. Vic/Tang's custom is said to have 12000k.). GN Rebel uses 2700k and 5000k. So, I'll be a little bluer. That's ok, I'll try it for $150.

Sorry for the gravebump, or whatever you call this. But i am about to order an Apollo 4 or 6 light with this spectrum (hansbricks). Just kinda wonder if the Apollo 6 would be overkill for 80x80x160 cm growtent (homebox evolution par+). Also still have 2 Mars Hydro Reflector light wich am still planning on using. I also am basicly using Tang's feeding schedule. Wich gave me nicest yields till now.

Sorry for the gravebump, or whatever you call this. But i am about to order an Apollo 4 or 6 light with this spectrum (hansbricks). Just kinda wonder if the Apollo 6 would be overkill for 80x80x160 cm growtent (homebox evolution par+). Also still have 2 Mars Hydro Reflector light wich am still planning on using. I also am basicly using Tang's feeding schedule. Wich gave me nicest yields till now.

Hi Joe, the Apollo 6 is perfect for that space, I use mine in a smaller space than that (60x60x150cm) and it's just right. I actually add in an Apollo 4 during flowering to make an 'Apollo 10'. The general rule of thumb is: there is no such thing as too much light, but you must take temparature into consideration when adding or removing lights from your grow area. Hope that helps a bit.

Peace
NB

Thank for info NB. Forgot even the sun ins't always bright enough always ;).

Back