New Grower My desktop grow, DG X CDLC X MS

I thought it was time Triple crown was due a dose of DTE 4-8-4. It takes some time for the top amendments to actually become available to the plant so I decided to use a mortar and pestle and pulverize the 4-8-4 and a smattering of langbenite to try and make it more readily available. I worked it for about 5 minutes and it was a fine powder, added some Yucca ph'd water and gave the girl some. We will see how that turns out.

She is 65 days old and the pistils are just turning orange now, about 10%, so I figure she is going to be a 80+ day girl!!!!

The soil ec had dropped to .08 just before amending the soil yesterday. I checked it this morning and it was back up to .39, it looks like using the mortar and pestle to turn the 4-8-4 and langbeinite into a powder form for easier and quicker availability to the soil/plant worked well.
IMG_20220918_095010.jpg

I checked the soil ec and it is now .64, the powderizing of the nutes with the mortar and pestle did in fact decrease how long it took to become available. :headbang:

She is starting to fade a bit I think(could also be from no nutes in the soil), I think it is a combo, she had low nutes and then after the latest nutes were added she started her natural fade. I think that will certainly be the last DTE 4-8-4. She will still get bud candy in her water.

IMG_20220920_082300.jpg
IMG_20220920_080930.jpg

Day 70
And it is most certainly fading, the fans are definitely turning yellow, but she is still drinking the same as usual if not a smidge more. The pistils change of color has really spread to the lower buds, A sweet floral aroma can be noticed and the buds are really bulking up!

76-77 days now, AND she has started a new phase of finishing, she has started to change color, the fan and sugar leaves have started to turn RED, neat looking!
IMG_20220927_065514_kindlephoto-117748885.jpg

The fall fade... :headbang:
Yup, I have never had a plant that changed color like this one has, everything I have grown in the past simply had the leaves turn yellow and that was it.

This desktop grow has been fun! Actually more fun than any other grow as it was a freebie bean, planted on a whim and I could look/watch it anytime I wanted to!

Back