Indoor My Auto Berry Ryder Indoor LED Soil Grow (Week 5-6)

Reaction score
Hello Autoflower Community,

New member here. I posted some pics of my Berry Ryder in another thread. However, I did not want to hijack that thread with pictures of my plant.

So, I decided I would start a journal/blog/pictorial of my current grow.

Please follow along and provide critique or opinions, as long as everything is constructive.

About me:
I am a first time guerilla grower. I consider myself knowledgeable but inexperienced. I have much to learn, which I have discovered in only a few weeks of actual growing. I am very optimistic with this plant and hope to enjoy a quality yield. The thought of cultivating my own herb organically, with love, gives me shivers. I am doing this for the sake of connoisseurship.

My plant:
Auto Seeds Berry Ryder Feminized Autoflower from Attitude Seedbank.

Auto-Seeds-Berry-Ryder.jpg

Medium:
Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Perlite (about a 3 to 1 ration FF to Perlite)
I am unsure of pot size. 2 gallon?

Oceanforest_1.5CF_8d025fce0ea09b07e4c6688410846b60.png

Light:
HydroGrow 21x-PRO-36W LED
http://www.hydrogrowled.com/21X-PRO---36W-LED-Grow-Light-P96C60.aspx

21xLEDGrowLight.png

Fertilizers:
Fox Farm Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom

Soil-Nutrient-Trio2_25d61f0d34e5117c8bc5f8f4ebf48bab.png

Temperature
The temperature has been constantly between 73-79 Degrees.

Humidity
This has proven a challenge. The RH has fluctuated erroneously from 20% to 65%
My next grow will be much better adjusted.

CO2
I have been using a 2 liter with sugar and yeast. I have a tube that runs behind the internal tent fan so it blows the co2 onto the plant. This appears effective although burdensome, regardless of what people say, I do not think the co2 production lasts the alleged 2 weeks. So, I ordered a "Buddy Boost" CO2 bag to place inside of my tent. It is en route and should be in the tent hopefully monday. Here's a link:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buddy-Boost-Natural-Organic-Co2-Generator-Bag-Hydroponics-Plant-Grow-/200693169028?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eba3ebb84

$(KGrHqQOKocFEYylPzuJBRI642VC-g~~60_12.JPG

History:
I sprouted her using the paper towel method. Transferred to a Route 44 Sonic cup with medium. I will not do this again. From now on I will start her in the final pot. The reason is that, as a newb, I manhandled her did not properly traspant her at all. In hindsight, there were no reasons why I shouldn't have started her in a single pot since I am only growing one.

Next, I applied mild (heavily diluted) big bloom which showed mild signs of nutrient burn so I stopped and minor flushed with ph balanced water.

Then, after she recovered, I fucked her ph up by raising the level of my distilled water way too high around 7.1-7.3 probably. This caused, what I believe to be nutrient lock out. Either way, it appeared a necrosis had developed with the bottom 2 or 4 leaves around week 3.

So, I felt it necessary to trim multiple branches and probably7-8 bud sites. I think this DID stunt its growth. However, i feel now she has recovered and is channeling that energy to the other bud sites.

Now I feed her distilled water ph balanced around 6.5 or slightly lower with diluted Grow Big. She appears to be absolutely loving it. So I will continue on this routine except for once or twice weekly giving unfertilized ph balanced distilled water until it is time to flush and switch to TIger Bloom.

ANY FEEDBACK, GUIDANCE, HELP, SUGGESTIONS, WARNINGS, ummm ANYTHING is very welcomed as long as its productive.

Thank you for your time and if you read all of that I commend you. I wrote that primarily for my own record keeping.

Here are all of my pictures to date. I'll do a better job of organizing in the future and I plan to update daily.

As of this post, she is between 5-6 weeks old.

FYI
The Berry Ryder's name is Jodi Arias. Which was my girlfriend's idea since I didn't think she had a chance early on lol.

DSCN1014.jpgDSCN1027.jpgDSCN1026.jpgDSCN1025.jpgDSCN1024.jpgDSCN1023.jpgDSCN1021.jpgDSCN1020.jpgDSCN1019.jpgDSCN1018.jpgDSCN1017.jpg5.jpg4.jpg3.jpg2.jpg1.jpgUntitled 4.pngUntitled 3.pngUntitled 2.pngUntitled 1.png

Last edited:
These are pictures from earlier in Jodi's life. I'm just going ahead and posting them so I can have them for future reference and keep my harddrive clutter free.

1-31-6.jpg1-31-5.jpg1-31-4.jpg1-31-3.jpg1-31-2.jpg1-31-1.jpg1-24b.jpg1-24a.jpg

Looking nice mate,and welcome to AFN :smokebuds: ill move the thread over to indoor now mate

Nice! I recently started planning a motherplant and veging pc-box. Would love a small LED like that(Pretty expensive though)! :thread:

What are the Temperature fluctuations in your cab?

Will be fun to see how this one turns out! Best of luck and a good harvest!
:peace:

Last edited:
Testor:

Thanks for the compliments.

The temperature is actually hard to keep high. My cab is 16" x 16" x 48" and it ranges from 72-78. That is with a PC Fan exhaust and the entire tent is placed inside of a closed closet. Point being, elevated heat levels are not a concern. In fact, I believe that the 90W UFO I own gives off more heat.

One potential issue is the light's size. Although it is not wide at all, it is very long. About 7 or or so inches long. So, if your cab is going to be small for a mother, then you may have a space issue.

Also, this light seems pretty intense at close distance. I've found that it is most effective at sprout/veg at around 10-12" distance. So, at 10" plus 7" or so length, then the pot/hydro reservoir and plant length, you need at least over 2 feet in my opinion.

Hope this helps, but I definitely think you'd be well served with this light dedicated to a mother. It has more than enough strength to handle it. It is no louder than a PC fan and heat is a non-issue.

I wish I had a couple pics from my Berry Ryder grow.Your look pretty nice,till the nutes lockout.Its such a nice sweet and smooth smoke too.Happy Harvesting my friend!

Almost forgot,LOL! Welcome as well.Im sure a lot of us look forward to seeing your future work as much as I am.:group:

Testor:

I measured the light and it is actually 4.5 " long, so it is not as long as I thought.

Dude:

Thank you so much for the welcome. So far, everyone on here seems really cool and very helpful. I wish you would've saved some of those harvest pics!!!
As a new grower, please stop by as much as you can and provide any insight you have regarding this strain and what i'm doing or should do. Advice from growers like yourself is clutch for me.

Thanks again for everyone stopping by and I'm about to put up some new photos!

Back