Mephisto Genetics Multiple strains of Mephisto dank

Need4Weed

Searching for that poontang pheno
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Creme da la Chem, Purple Nuggets, Grape Crinkle
Hello fellow Meph Heads! I'm doing things a little bit differently this time. I have a habit of growing Mephisto strains that I've never grown before. The one exception is Double Grape, which I have run 3 different times. So this grow I going to start several strains that I've previously grown. Namely, they are Cheme da la Chem, Purple Nuggetts, Skywalker, and 3 Bears OG. I'm also dropping a Fantasmo Express, (which I tried previously, but failed to germ), and a Forgotten Cookies, (which is one I hadn't tried yet). I only dropped 1 seed of each about 18 hours ago, except the Cheme da la Chem, (which I dropped 2 seeds). Since my germination success is on the spotty side, my goal is to successfully germinate at least 4 or the 7 seeds dropped. After soaking, seeds will be planted in solo cups, (with no bottoms and slits cut in the sides), for 10 - 14 days before moving to their final home, (a mixture of 3 gallon air-pots and fabric pots). Coco coir mixed with perlite is the medium, with MegaCrop and Bud Explosion as the nutes. Lighting is 7X Auto Cobs at 3500 K. Grow space is a converted 1/2 bath, (3 x 8 ft.), with a 480 cfm extraction fan.

So pull up a chair, have a smoke and feel free to post whatever you like. Questions and banter are always welcomed, especially the banter! :peace:

Nice man I will pull up a chair.

@Need4Weed following along. Can’t wait to see it all unfold. Btw out of curiosity, your Double Grape, is it newly acquired stock or is it something that you already had in your stash from over a year ago? May sound like strange question, but I have some on the go that I got around Christmas time and curious to see if you encounter some of the same things I noticed... mainly light sensitivity in veg and a delay in reaching flower... Either way, looking forward to seeing you rock it out! Love all the strains you’re growing but I have yet to grow purple nuggets and fantasmo express. Best of luck!

Nice man I will pull up a chair.
Thanks for following along @Fitzy :d5: :pass:
@Need4Weed following along. Can’t wait to see it all unfold. Btw out of curiosity, your Double Grape, is it newly acquired stock or is it something that you already had in your stash from over a year ago? May sound like strange question, but I have some on the go that I got around Christmas time and curious to see if you encounter some of the same things I noticed... mainly light sensitivity in veg and a delay in reaching flower... Either way, looking forward to seeing you rock it out! Love all the strains you’re growing but I have yet to grow purple nuggets and fantasmo express. Best of luck!
Thanks for following my grow @R_HIDIA :d5:
I've actually purchased DG two times, but my last purchase was around Nov of 2018 when I bought a 7 pack. Sorry to hear you've been having issues with the newer release. Are other growers having similar troubles? I was late jumping on the Mephisto bandwagon, as I wanted to hone my growing skills by using up other vendor seeds that I had. So I didn't grow my 1st Mephisto gear until 2017. Germination fails are the only problem I've had from them, but I think most of those failures were my fault. :pass:

The light sensitivity issue was new to me as I’ve been growing Mephisto almost exclusively for the pas3-4 years. I came across an amazing smoke report from @Rengrows on a recently harvested DG and he posted a very thorough report and actually mentioned that his plants were extremely sensitive to light in veg... that put my mind at ease on the topic... so far overall very happy with the growth of my plants just was concerned about the light sensitivity as I had never experienced it so easily before.

The light sensitivity issue was new to me as I’ve been growing Mephisto almost exclusively for the pas3-4 years. I came across an amazing smoke report from @Rengrows on a recently harvested DG and he posted a very thorough report and actually mentioned that his plants were extremely sensitive to light in veg... that put my mind at ease on the topic... so far overall very happy with the growth of my plants just was concerned about the light sensitivity as I had never experienced it so easily before.
That is one of the things I dislike with there strains now don't get me wrong it's great smoke but I've had this happen with hubbasquach, double grape,fourm stomper and a few others aswell, I've also noticed nitrogen problems mainly sensitivity to nitrogen which is I think pheno related as it's seen across the board ( almost all strains) again they have some of the best quality so please don't think I'm trying to put them down bc I grow there stuff just wat I've seen I've been running mephisto strains for 4 or 5yrs now. How far are ur lights to the top of ur canopy? Other than being light stressed looks good.

The light stress started with my panel dialed down to 50% (the lowest I can dim it via the built-in potentiometer on the driver itself) on a HLG 550 v1 knockoff. I had my panel at least 3.5 feet above the canopy when I first noticed it. I ended up moving them to 4.5 feet above. Now, I’m pretty much at the top of my tent and the plants have also grown in height so I’m now probably between 3.5-4 feet above but with the plants maturing it seems to be troubling them less. Thankfully it seems like those troubles are moving to the rear view as things are now starting to flower. Think I’m on day 39 and half of my plants have started flowering and the rest look like any day now...

The light stress started with my panel dialed down to 50% (the lowest I can dim it via the built-in potentiometer on the driver itself) on a HLG 550 v1 knockoff. I had my panel at least 3.5 feet above the canopy when I first noticed it. I ended up moving them to 4.5 feet above. Now, I’m pretty much at the top of my tent and the plants have also grown in height so I’m now probably between 3.5-4 feet above but with the plants maturing it seems to be troubling them less. Thankfully it seems like those troubles are moving to the rear view as things are now starting to flower. Think I’m on day 39 and half of my plants have started flowering and the rest look like any day now...
Then I wouldn't worry about it then if u still have problems in flower I'm not sure there is anything u can do unfortunately I hope they snap out of it for u. Sending good vibes and karma ur way.

It's been 72 hours since seeds were planted in solo cups and 5 out of 7 germinated successfully. However, I did lose 2 to damp off. :nono: I need to drop another seed to make 4, but I only want to drop a fast finisher so she can catch up with the other 3. I went through my meager inventory and found some Blue Cush and I read where some finished in 60 days. So 1 seed of BC is currently soaking. Here's some pics of the new babies, (a pic of a bunch of cups, lol), and some Mephtisto sativas that are finishing up. :peace: :pass:

0419201924.jpg

Pink Panama will be the first one chopped. :tang:

0419201925.jpg

Bottom right is a Super Orange Haze, (she did smell like lemon, but now I'm smelling more orange), and I got the other 2 mixed up. One's a HubbaBubbaHaze, and the other should be an Auto Gelato from a different breeder.

0419201926.jpg

Back