Indoor Multi strain, led, amended soil sog tent

Reaction score
Hi from down under, all! I have been a member for a few months and have learned a lot from you so far. I have just started my second grow and will be running a journal to share my progress.

This is my second grow, my first was a photo dwc og that turned out great. However with a lot of help from @Ripper I have decided to change to amended soil.

The name of the game this time around is variety, I am looking to run 4 strains which in this small tent may be crammed but I am thinking to run it in somewhat of a sog setup if things get too bushy. Strains I have popped:

Fastbuds green crack
Th seeds mk ultra
Freedom seeds purple express (for some colour)
Female seeds white widow x big bud
Barneys farm critical kush

(I'll pick the best 4)

My setup is as follows:

80x80x160cm (2.6x2.6x5.2ft) tent
Mars II 700 led
6" inline fan with 4" carbon filter (upgraded fan but not filter mid first grow)
Cup sized pots to be transferred to 2 gal airpots
My first attempt at amended "super" style soil with my own base soil, ingredients as follows:

Base mix

Organic compost 6l
Worm castings 5.5l
Coco/peat 5.5l
Perlite 5.5l
Dolomite lime 180g
Epsom salt 20g

Amended "super" style mix

Organic compost 3l
Worm castings 2.5l
Coco/peat 3l
Perlite 3l
Blood and bone 3l
Dolomite lime 60g
Hi phosphorus seabird guano 145g
Rock dust 20g
Epsom salt 15g
Seamungus (fish, seaweed, humid acid fert) 250g
Mycorrhizal fungi 30g
Crushed & ground seashell 20g

Both mixes have been composting for over 2 months, I have added around 500ml of expanded em-1 to the mixes around 1 week ago. I made a few mistakes such as using a cheaper coco/peat blocks expanded with tap water, which may not have been properly washed for sea salt etc but we're going to press on.

I have since obtained a number of higher quality ingredients to go toward my next soil mixes. I would like to use some of these to make teas along to way so hopefully the afn crew can assist me with some tea recipe ideas based on ingredients I have available, but we'll look at that later!

Extra ingredients available (in addition to the above):

Healthy earth organic general fertiliser 5-5-5
Feather meal
Neem meal
Malted barley
Alfalfa meal
Kelp meal
Soy meal
Coconut meal
Bentonite clay

If anyone has any suggestions on how to use these during the grow, I.e. Teas, top dress, layers etc. please

I germinated 5 seeds in soaked coco blocks with mycorrhizal fungi pressed into the base mix in cup sized pots, all 5 have sprouted. The critical kush was looking a little sad initially but looks like it might pull through.

I am watering with a spray bottle of de-mineralised water with a couple drops of em-1 to get the ph down a touch. I don't know if the ph matters too much as the soil is pretty stable at 6.8-7 I guess from the lime amendment and composting time.

When the seeds first sprouted I was over watering, at around twice a day but have since pulled that back to every 2 days and they seem to have responded well.

At the time of the below pictures we are 8 days from planting and 5 days from sprout, let me know if you think things are on track and any other feedback you have I'm open to it!

Happy growing!

IMG_0942.JPG IMG_0944.JPG IMG_0945.JPG IMG_0946.JPG IMG_0947.JPG IMG_0948.JPG

Temps have been sitting at around 22-25c (71-77f) and humidity around 45-50 although I think I may need a new hygrometer. It is getting to winter here so I have a heat mat to bump up the temps a little as needed

Attachments

• IMG_0937.JPG
    IMG_0937.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 128
Back