Grow Room Mr.Sparkle’s Arduino Controlled 5 Gal Bucket Micro Grow 2017

We will say day 5, spent one day without much light, just ambient window light as i had a couple loose wire connections where i didn't have enough time to fix in the morning before heading to work. Things should start picking up speed now, plan will be to top the plant probably around its 3-4th node, with a possible second topping and lst after that, just to keep things short and have a level canopy.

20170429_084538.jpg

Start of day 12 i guess, starting to go now, i nipped the tip of the fresh new growth just above the third node, just to promote some bushing and get a wider canopy later on, setup wise haven't touched anything in the last week+ so it seem to be set decent, and is in full auto mode, probably wont touch anything till the end, just will have to do reservoir fill ups.

20170506_080208.jpg

Very cool build. Do you think that passive intake holes on the bottom of the bucket could work?

In what regards, you mean like on the direct bottom, sure if it raised off the floor, or do you mean like mine, which work absolutely fine at the moment, once the carbon filter goes on thing will warm up a bit though, but i'm currently in the 24 degree C range.

One thing that always got me with classic style space buckets is the intake fans always seemed over kill and not needed, as like any space if you design it properly its not needed, wouldn't mind an internal circulation fan, but takes up too much space for my build.

Day 19, lowered the feed concentration as i was seeing some issues, looks very happy now also moved the hose so the pot will bottom feed, and i'll be using the hooks for tie down purposes shortly as you can see, if things go well we should have around 7 tops, only thing i might do is remove the top fan leafs so the bud tops under them can catch up.

Looking good so far

20170513_094141.jpg

Day 22 i guess, plucked the two top fan leafs to expose bud sites under them, can't even tell, will probably start training the tops a bit probably come end of this week or mid next week, also the pot could be running a bit wetter but ill leave it as is for now.

20170516_162810.jpg

Last edited:
It's hard to tell issues sometimes when viewing under the non corrected 2700k light, but was noticing some twisting and a couple issues, pulled the pot out and got it under normal light.

But looks like the start of some nitrogen toxicity which is the reason i dialed back the ec of the feed water 4 days ago anyways, so the coco just got over saturated i figure and was still a bit so after cutting the feed ec back, and the twisting typically comes from pH related issues, so figured i should do a test aswell which, it would of been running on the lower side of 6.4-6.2 or less so could of had a slight issue, so just flushed everything thoroughly then gave a half strength feed so things can even out for the next couple of days, We'll see if it improves.

Back