Outdoor Moon phases summer of 2012

I thought planting by the moon had to do with gravity or something? The idea didnt make sence to me, i didnt think the moons orbital distance changed. Ill try to keep up with general weather at full moons tho.

Ill be planting out 06.06.. lets see if i hit the good weather then with the full moon on the 4th ;)

Its been said that the sun followss the moon, lets see if thats correct eyh..

It was dead on correct, just for information... We had strong winds from the 20th of may at the new moon that has now lasted a week escalating until today when we have had full storm with snow in the air, today was last quarter and its calming off a tiny bit tomorrow. Another influence on the weather locally could be the entering into the midnight sun season on may 23rd, its not unnormal with heavy sun driven winds in the arctic in may...

But what is really interesting is the long term forecast for my region atm. Ive said and planned 06.06 as my sow out date for along time because of the full moon on 04.06.... and now watch this..

Wednesday30 May: 3.5 mm precipitation per 24 hours, 4°C
Thursday31 May: 5 mm precipitation per 24 hours, 4°C
Friday01 June: 2.8 mm precipitation per 24 hours, 6°C
Saturday02 June: 0,5 mm precipitation per 24 hours, 10°
Sunday03 June: 0,2 mm precipitation per 24 hours, 12°
Monday04 June: 0 mm precipitation per 24 hours, 14°
Tuesday05 June 0 mm precipitation per 24 hours, 16°

..And there you go, shitty weather and rain for 2 weeks until the date of the first full moon in june... ;)

hmmmm... i like this!!! i've started germin my seeds on the new moon or beginning 1/4... and have found great success with it.... so i try and coincide the majority seed drops with it... this topic is so wide and varied.... i caould talk and smoke jays for three days with you in a convo about the moon and sun and plants and stuff....

good grief!!!

and yes... the moon-earth distance changes quite a bit... so many interesting phenomenons associated with this!

:smokeit:

:dance2:

Indeed, when we know the tides are influenced by the moon...

TideAni.gif

It makes it easy to think that the same system allso drives winds and thus also clouds. Here in the arctic we have extreme tidal variations with the water levels dropping meters. In the fjords of Norway you can experience this phenomenon of tidal driven winds on a mini scale, when the tides go out we often also have strong jet wind surges between the mountains that rise up on both sides of the narrow fjords.. the currents are also very strong.. 5-10 knots many places.

Here from the Trollfjord of arctic Norway..

trollfjorden.jpg

Im sure you can imagine how we live with tides and strong polar winds and have a strong relationship with this system. From my side its a very strong interrest i have in the movings and shakings of the earth ive inherited part from my grandfathers that were arctic fishermen and often used to talk about these things but greatly invigorated by my guerilla projects.. Often its just seen as superstition, but i know when you are a fisherman on the arctic ocean you dont last long if you rely on superstition and not common sense. So there is often something tangible behind old sayings its just that we dont understand it because we dont have the basic key information to enterprite it... like the sun follows the moon.. yeayea, thats just superstition, but if given an animation of how the moon trives tides.. hey, makes alot more sense all of the sudden doesnt it?

One of these keys to enterpriting the ways of thinking in the old days is the basic movings and shakings of the earth, moon and sun. Modern man has lost this relationship to the elements to a large extent because we sit inside by our screens very protected, old fishermen knew very well how the moon influences us. To me this is interesting and understandable because i see it as geometry and math and think that it goes together with the skill and knowledge required to find the good guerilla spots and good growland in general, its all angles, circles, systems...

And here we go again... we are on the first quarter of the new moon here and hte weather is cold, wet and shitty... but full moon is the 5th of july ..

Now watch.... AGAIN!!! Long term forecast for the following week, last day of this forecast is july 5th.. full moon. Btw i love it these days since nobody believes in anything i say, still the guys at work cant figure out why i allways catch the good weather weekends and allways catch the big fish, laughing at me.. ohwell i allways laugh last!

10°9°13°19°19°16°15°17°19°

Great info on the moon artic sun. Tidal forces are definitely applicable in germination rates. In freshly saturated seeds the water molecules with be much more active when earth tidal forces are highest. This allows for the root to break out of the seed much more easily. Don't forget that the sun also plays a key role in our tidal forces, the suns tidal forces are so strong mercury is stuck in a tidal lock :thumbs:

Don't forget that the sun also plays a key role in our tidal forces, the suns tidal forces are so strong mercury is stuck in a tidal lock :thumbs:

beautiful m8, thanks! :)

Very interesting thread :thumbs:

I love a good full moon surf! The waves get wild! :)

Back