Outdoor Moby Dick XXL

lift the pots every day get used to the weights just after watering and when they feel light its a good method to tell when you need to water:pass:

That’s one way :-D

I also bought a sensor (analog), it has 2 pins on it and you simply poke it into the earth and it will show you dry humid or wet. It seems to work fine. Only concern I have is damaging the roots by poking it into the dirt too often. Now I try to measure as far as possible from the plant itself but it might not give you the best idea of the humidity close to the plant..

At least it’s better than nothing. I hope my plant won’t die on me with this hot wether and me not being at home to water them regularly :-/ well, starting from the end of the week, the temperatures will drop down to 15 degrees Celsius again (and not much sun :-( )

A different question I have: I’m currently using root stimulator (1ml per litre) but since it is very hot outside, I need to water them more. Probably a whole lot of water is evaporating. So I might risk over-feeding the plants with this “root stimulator”? What are your thoughts?

The instructions show that I need to use this stuff in the first 4 weeks, after that I need to switch to normal nutrient. Does this mean that for the first weeks I always water the plants with 1ml/liter water of this stuff?

We are now 6 days in:

Number one: looks perfect
90dbe35b6b749b7fb93926dcc230fd9b.jpg

Number 2: has one leaf that is a bit funny looking, other than that, it looks healthy [emoji106]
b295de3f8a1d7e7c4161a9266c862a1f.jpg

Looking nice for little seedlings.
If you're afraid of too much water evaporating off due to heat,
you can use a cover over the surface of the soil.
Cloth covers work well, but almost anything can be used.
Check under them once in a while to make sure no bugs in there.

How hot are you talking about?

When it’s near 30 degrees Celsius outside i can imagine the temperature Goes up to 40+ inside the greenhouse. Yesterday i made the soil inside the greenhouse very wet, So when it gets too hot, the evaporating water should keep it cooler inside. All the Doors are wide open and the pots with the seedlings are right next to a door. So I don’t think they get too hot. If I would close the Doors, thats a different story..

When it’s near 30 degrees Celsius outside i can imagine the temperature Goes up to 40+ inside the greenhouse. Yesterday i made the soil inside the greenhouse very wet, So when it gets too hot, the evaporating water should keep it cooler inside. All the Doors are wide open and the pots with the seedlings are right next to a door. So I don’t think they get too hot. If I would close the Doors, thats a different story..
I keep several temp gauges in my greenie .I also plan on using a fan my temps like yours are high but I have noticed plants can get used to things like this an adapt .If you have any questions I'm a second generation cannabis grower an was taught by my dad a few tricks an secrets .over the years we battled Many things in our greenhouses an I have some pretty good knowledge.Ask an I would be glad to help

So far they don't seem to suffer from the heat, my tomato and lettuce in the greenhouse however.. They seem to have a harder time to cope with the current heat. My seedlings are growing like crazy, every evening when I come home after work I'm amazed by the amount they have grown :) The next set of leaves are starting to come through ^^ So cool to see it grow!

That’s one way :-D

I also bought a sensor (analog), it has 2 pins on it and you simply poke it into the earth and it will show you dry humid or wet. It seems to work fine. Only concern I have is damaging the roots by poking it into the dirt too often. Now I try to measure as far as possible from the plant itself but it might not give you the best idea of the humidity close to the plant..

At least it’s better than nothing. I hope my plant won’t die on me with this hot wether and me not being at home to water them regularly :-/ well, starting from the end of the week, the temperatures will drop down to 15 degrees Celsius again (and not much sun :-( )
No experience with them probes I know iv seen people say the accurate 8 is a good one soil will hold water fairly well as libg as the soil Is wet it will be fine its when she gets bigger and drinks more that you will have to be carefull

Back