Mephisto Genetics MidIN tackles Mephisto from scrog'd to HST and anything in between.

Several @mephisto strains will work for this, I did notice that the more I get to heavy training or bending or scroging anything where I'm rough on them it helped me to add little more silica to my feedings every other time, helps build the stem walls and cells, it's like working out u tear down ur muscle then need something to repair it. I also noticed that feeding extra silica worked best if I fed it then waited two days before I did heavy training, gives the plant time to take in repair and rebuild nutes then branches don't break as easy and stay firmer in the position u put them in. Imo questions please feel free to to post.
The hunt is on!!!

I think forgotten cookies from mephisto would be an awesome candidate for a scrog, I could list several several more

I think forgotten cookies from mephisto would be an awesome candidate for a scrog, I could list several several more
Ive been thinking about forgotten cookies...

Here's some airpots I'm working with they are .3 of a liter $2.50 eh (4 total), the 44oz cup is to show reference to the size, they are solo cups on steroids, bottom half of the medium is Botanicals Coco brick $3 (I added perlite to it) top half is Roots Organic Micro Greens $15 this stuff feels like heaven it's and even blend very light. It's designed for seed starting, but we will be using it for everything I dream up.
IMG_20180810_131757.jpg
IMG_20180810_131817.jpg
IMG_20180810_131903.jpg
I think u could run a Heller sog with these little beasts. Which I may just do.

Ive been thinking about forgotten cookies...
I have been saving mine for for 3gal and 5gal smartpots grow off to see if the 3gal can match the 5gal in yield. The rest of the beans for this strain I'm undecided on how I will run them, scroging one is probably going to be a must.

With scrog is there enough time to fill in the net before chop time? I think training like how Ribbzzy does the main stem over a support attached to the pot would get you mostly there without having a net to work around. His grows are bomb too!

With scrog is there enough time to fill in the net before chop time? I think training like how Ribbzzy does the main stem over a support attached to the pot would get you mostly there without having a net to work around. His grows are bomb too!

If you mean anchoring the main stem down low with one tie, and bending over the main stem with another tie further up and tying that to the other side of the pot, then I would agree that gets you some pretty decent plant training. I do that myself and I find it gives me more dominant stems to play with instead of just the one xmas tree style. And you can get a pretty level canopy with this simple LST method. And I don't lose any growth time or delays due to HST work.

You can take it one step further with the grow thru grids deployed on to each pot. And this gets you a pretty decent scrog without having a big net in your tent across all your plants.

20180808_133817.jpg

I don't see why you couldn't, but eventually your going to have to work around a net I would say most of it would be when to allow her to start going through the net, I think the hardest part of auto scrog would be this which I think could determine bud size at end.

Would to late give you lots of popcorn buds due to tops stretching longer horizontally?
100% full net Prolly
Or

Would early flower give you bigger buds and colas due to tops stretching vertical sooner?
Net maybe 80-90% full
Or

Would after stretch be best?
Net 80-100% full

Let's see what @Ribbzzy weighs in.
Probably several ways but narrow strain choice could give you lots of options. I added my net mid stretch.

Well I guess in my SODK scrog journal i have going is where I added it to mid stretch. In this one it's during veg so guess I will just try it out and see what happens if I wait til stretch ends to let them go up.

Back