Mephisto Genetics Mephisto,Sweet and sour, orange diesel, forgotten cookies,alien vs triangle.

So my forgotton cookies and 1 sweet and sour have kinda fell over. I propped up with popsicle sticks. Is this a sign my light is too high or too low? @Stone420

Is it the weight of the buds that is pulling your plants down...or are they still in veg or seedling stage?

I always use a "Silica" additive with my nutes when growing. Advanced Nutrients makes a product called "Rhino Skin" which is silica, and this helps the plants stems become stronger to withstand weight. You can also find Silica on Amazon that is not as expensive as the AN product will be. Silica is really helpful for sturdy stems.

By using popsicle sticks I assume your plants may be small. You could always use a tall bamboo stick with loose plant ties to keep the plant upright. I'd have to see more (pics) of your situation, so make sure your soil is not overly wet causing issues - as well as too dry where your plant may be limp from wilting.

Some folks use scrog screens for support which will help the plant's stability. If your light's output intensity is too low or the light is too far away, the young plant will stretch toward the light making a thin and wispy stem develop which can be fragile needing support. Too much light (or too close) can cause the top to look bleached out and whitish colored.

Last edited:
As long as they are alive, they will grow toward the light. If seedlings are stretching too far, the light is too far away. Nothing to stress over, just make adjustments and relax, they'll be fine. Just be careful to not over correct.

Update, I did what @Roasty McToasty said and put more soil around. New issue, Now I have a little leaf curl and deformation.. my light is 27inches above right now. (Apollo 12).

Attachments

• A376883C-9BF7-414F-8B60-A92A89D65B4A.jpeg
    A376883C-9BF7-414F-8B60-A92A89D65B4A.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 2A6A9119-AAB5-4A69-9F4F-2305DD52BC69.jpeg
    2A6A9119-AAB5-4A69-9F4F-2305DD52BC69.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited by a moderator:
A little leaf curl and you may be getting a little too close. You just have to play with it and find the sweet spot. The leaves have the ability too absorb heat and 'feel' hotter and drier than the ambient air temp.
To be honest, I usually err on the side of too far away, and almost always mound the seedlings just a little, as I gradually bring in the light an inch or 2 a day. I have also found that a infrared thermometer is helpful to measure the actual leaf temps. Generally the leaf should be transpiring H2O and actually a couple degrees cooler than the air temp. If its not transpiring it may be warmer than the ambient air temp, and acting as a heat sink via blackbody radiation absorption.
hth
cheers
os

i'll be on me best behavior :biggrin: now if me can jus figger out how to get his thermometer set to F, we'll be doin great :rofl: ppp
Have same one should be button on backside to change from Celsius to Fahrenheit

Back