Mephisto Genetics Mephisto,Sweet and sour, orange diesel, forgotten cookies,alien vs triangle.

Not a problem! There have been some bad batches of Promix, that is why I bring it up. And rain barrels often have gnats flying around them. Just wanted to let you know, incase you happen to see any. Good luck!
I sent my water analysis to Archiac and he says my well water is a okay. It was high in sodium so I was leery using it. All good so gonna use it exclusively from here on out.

I sent my water analysis to Archiac and he says my well water is a okay. It was high in sodium so I was leery using it. All good so gonna use it exclusively from here on out.
Nice, now you can eliminate the use of outside water. It is safer for your plants for contamination. Wishing you the best of luck. Slowandeasy

plants are looking healthy! youre killing it @Machamillion.

-----

@Boognelson87 youre using pro mix hp @5.8-6.0? i was looking through this forum and i had problems on which ph to land on. found a couple grows using 5.8-6.0 and 6.2-6.5. i went with 6.2-6.5 range after reading an entry from @Muddy.

still a new grower here but out of 5 harvested 1 had lockout (maybe salt build up? the fast buds - gsc).
my 2nd fast bud gsc (solo cup photo) im running @ 6.2-6.5 (up to 6.8 if i have left over nutrients) and havent ran into a lockout issue..

my current 2 DGs are also in promix and im running @ 6.2-6.5

could running @ a different ph be an issue for plant height/growth even if they look healthy?

@thedailydose i guess i should say 6.0 because thats what i been feeding at. Today i tried at 6.3. Just to see. heck i get curious my next 3 plants i may run one at 6.0, 6.2, and 6.5. if i havent killed a plant yet i think it should be ok lol.

Nutri HP mix or sunshine mix number4 switch to that for winter growing mate. See you soon BROTHER we will be ripping the trails epic winter ahead of us and get those little sticky traps. And no Rose plants lol. You are doing an amazing job.

Well water can vary with seasons but overall our water in this big province is the best in the world OH YEAH

-----

@Boognelson87 youre using pro mix hp @5.8-6.0? i was looking through this forum and i had problems on which ph to land on. found a couple grows using 5.8-6.0 and 6.2-6.5. i went with 6.2-6.5 range after reading an entry from @Muddy.

still a new grower here but out of 5 harvested 1 had lockout (maybe salt build up? the fast buds - gsc).
my 2nd fast bud gsc (solo cup photo) im running @ 6.2-6.5 (up to 6.8 if i have left over nutrients) and havent ran into a lockout issue..

could running @ a different ph be an issue for plant height/growth even if they look healthy?
Promix should be treated with a higher pH than Coco. 6.1 to 6.7 is good for Promix. Coco is best for 5.8-6.4.

-----

Yes, different pH can cause different growth rates. If you look at plant pH charts you will see that there are ""optimal" pH ranges.that give the plant the "most" equal uptake of each Nutrient. If you are super dialed in, you can adjust the pH to a number to provide your plants with more or less of a specific Nutrient.

For example in this chart. Zoom in and look at the SOIL pH information on the right. If you change your pH to closer towards 7.0, your plants will uptake P, Ca, and Mg better than 6.2.

For Promix you want your pH to be in-between Soil and Hydro numbers for optimal NUTRIENT uptake. Meaning 6.1-6.8. If possible it is nice to have a gradual upward drift if you use a Rez. One thing we want to AVOID in any type of growing is, Rapid pH swings. Try not to go from 6.1 to 6.8 in a day, in any style of growing. Minor natural pH drifting is fine. Just want to avoid rapid changes. Peace slowandeasy

I have used pro mix since 1993 it is IMO the only medium to use. I have never had a bad bail Bx which retains more water HP uses the water I have ran into nats thirps aphids using BX. I have never had a bug issue using H.P. I find the faster she drinks the less chance of a bug infestation. That being said in the heat of the summer and all outdoor plants I will use BX with an added two cups of perlite to help with uptake but not enough that it is drying out with in a 24 hour period.
Yes, different pH can cause different growth rates. If you look at plant pH charts you will see that there are ""optimal" pH ranges.that give the plant the "most" equal uptake of each Nutrient. If you are super dialed in, you can adjust the pH to a number to provide your plants with more or less of a specific Nutrient.

For example in this chart. Zoom in and look at the SOIL pH information on the right. If you change your pH to closer towards 7.0, your plants will uptake P, Ca, and Mg better than 6.2.

For Promix you want your pH to be in-between Soil and Hydro numbers for optimal NUTRIENT uptake. Meaning 6.1-6.8. If possible it is nice to have a gradual upward drift if you use a Rez. One thing we want to AVOID in any type of growing is, Rapid pH swings. Try not to go from 6.1 to 6.8 in a day, in any style of growing. Minor natural pH drifting is fine. Just want to avoid rapid changes. Peace slowandeasy
That was well put and spot on bro. What are your thoughts on Mycorrhizae fungus for root building ?

Last edited:
Back