Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sour Hound F2 grow

Evil-Mobo

Evil Gardener
Reaction score
What's going on guys, new guy around here. I was searching for a bit yesterday and today and didn't see any grows on the F2's of the Sour Hound just found 1 F1 grow. I'm about 60 days into my first Mephisto Strain and it's the Sour Hound F2. Talked to Mitch and he said this strain avg 65-70 days from sprout.

If that's the case then I think I'm a little behind schedule.....?

I am growing her out in a 3 gallon fabric pot watering/feeding DTW by hand. This is my third Auto to grow out and fifth plant ever. I'm running Flora Nova and Mammoth P. I PH to 6.0 and have been feeding at about EC 1.8 throughout. I used the Nova Grow in veg stage and switch to Bloom about a week after pistils started showing with a flush of Flora Kleen in between. She's spent most of her life under a Quantum Bad Boy T5 running GE Starcoat 6500K bulbs. I'm in the middle of some changes to the room and waiting on parts for the light I'm building for her new tent so right now she's under my HH Pro Gro 260 on full spectrum mode, not even a week under this light.

Excited to see what she yields. My last two autos gave me 2.0 oz each dry and cured. I grew one Incredible Bulk Auto and a Dark Devil Auto prior to this one. And a Nirvana NL photo period that yielded me a half pound dry with an 8 week veg.

Here's a couple of shots of my Sour Hound F2:

IMG_20160921_165725.jpg

IMG_20160921_165732.jpg

Thanks for checking in. Any input would be appreciated if anyone sees an issue. I was advised to bend over the main a few days ago but I know for sure if I try that she will snap and I don't want to screw up the main cola......

Cheers

Awesome @Evil-Mobo , glad your sharing with us. I have some of those f2's seeds and liking the preview. Just not enuf space to start more atm. Your girl looks good and it's ok to go longer. Grower results may vary with not all factors the same. Hope she pours on the dankety dank for you. Also can you get a pic in white light, or dark with flash? Subbed to see more. Nice growing.

Awesome @Evil-Mobo , glad your sharing with us. I have some of those f2's seeds and liking the preview. Just not enuf space to start more atm. Your girl looks good and it's ok to go longer. Grower results may vary with not all factors the same. Hope she pours on the dankety dank for you. Also can you get a pic in white light, or dark with flash? Subbed to see more. Nice growing.

Yeah I will get some white light pics later in a bit. Sorry the blurple is substituting until I getr the rest of the parts for the COB LED that I need for my DIY. And the pics were taken in the "whiter" of the two spectrums lol......

Thanks for the kind words.

Right on man, I'm a cob head myself and I love it when I see others willing to DIY. Will you show us the light when it's ready? And the girl too of course.

Right on man, I'm a cob head myself and I love it when I see others willing to DIY. Will you show us the light when it's ready? And the girl too of course.

Here's the first light, the one for this tent will be identical as both are 3x3. (4) CXB 3590 3000K 80 CRI 36 V, 140mm Pin Heat Sinks, Mod420 frame from Northern Grow Lights (not to be confused with grow northern lights), Mean Well HLG320-C2100B driver, Khatod Silicone Lenses. I wired the room for 240V and my kill a watt is 120V so don't know yet how much at the wall on full blast. I have a dimmer on the light too. Excuse this dirty pic was before cleaning the tray and taking it out as I put a big girl in there and needed the head room:

IMG_20160909_213008.jpg

And here's the best I can do right now on pics in whiter light for the Sour Hound F2 will see what I can do tomorrow during the day:

IMG_20160921_201414.jpg

IMG_20160921_201451.jpg

Very nice rig you got there! 320w to 4 cobs is a lot of juice. I have to keep mine at a 2' or greater distance to drive 8 cxb3590's at around 1100mA. Good thing you gave that beast dimming. What's your max current on that MW driver?

Very nice rig you got there! 320w to 4 cobs is a lot of juice. I have to keep mine at a 2' or greater distance to drive 8 cxb3590's at around 1100mA. Good thing you gave that beast dimming. What's your max current on that MW driver?

I will have to look that up and get back to you. I will check the box on the one that just arrived recently for the second build which will be identical.

The veg light for the 2x4 will be (4) 5000K 3590's with the same lenses and heatsinks, and a MW HLG240-C1750B. I went intermediate power with the driver here in case I need more power ever to flower in there in a pinch. Will have a dimmer as well. Sorting out the frame for that build........

Nice man, that's the exact drivers i use for my 8 cxb3590's beast. 4 cobs per, you pretty much use all the voltage the driver safely delivers. Nice choices on the lighting bro. And you got mad diy skills.

Nice man, that's the exact drivers i use for my 8 cxb3590's beast. 4 cobs per, you pretty much use all the voltage the driver safely delivers. Nice choices on the lighting bro. And you got mad diy skills.

Thanks bro I had never soldered anything before in my life and never built any kind of light before. It's addicting.

I do have to thank Robin from northern grow lights for all of his help with my questions.

Back