Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Sam’s Crack - Completed - Dry / Cure

PAR Resding Sam’s Crack, aka Breaking Free ... The meter eye is lower than cola, see it by cola tip, but hard to take pic and hold at rip,level so add about 40 to that 543 number you see .... She started with around 350 PAR and slowly rose to the 575-600 level but this is the high reading when light running on rail is direct overhead .... number drops to 435-450 range at furthered point ...... This PAR Meter was not cheap but well worth the investment, well worth it .... You know exactly how much light a plant is getting and you no longer guess is light on high, lost growth opportunities, or too low, burnt / stunted high value plant, been there did that. Other pics show co2 meter, temp,gauge 18” above canopy, old time analog atmospheric control and Mephisto / Legalize Tomatoes Stickers, now there’s an idea!

0C9B24B3-D88B-4902-B62E-156A48836EA2.jpeg

D75F6BC5-F778-48EB-8C19-B4B76E338078.jpeg

A624D4BC-8A9B-42A0-B945-35708DDAD646.jpeg

Last edited:
Cliff Note Grow Diary

Starting this Journal almost a month into the Grow but we have a ways to “grow” and not much info available on Mephisto Sam’s Crack so figured this thread would add to knowledge base.

Also, this Mephisto Sam’s Crack Gal is entered in the Mephisto Grow Battle https://www.autoflower.org/threads/mephisto-grower-of-the-year-2019.68762/ and there is a Journal there but that Journal is not as complete as this one will be ..... I felt the need to share as growth is even beyond my expectations or wildest dream - What a wonderful specimen, IMO.

Seed: Mephisto Sam’s Crack
Medium: Coot’s Organic Living Soil https://growingorganic.com/soil-guide/coots-soil-mix/
Starter Pot: RootMaker
Final Container: 10 Gallon Sub-Irrigated
Nutrients: Zero / None - NO BOTTLED Nutrients - Kicked them out of this grow
Tent Size: 28”x53”x72” (shared with 5 other Gals)
Light: Optic 4 running on a 2.5 foot LightRail
Co2 Supplement: Yes the Bag Stuff $35 from Amazon and my meter says it works

Other equipment used include Green Air Atmospheric Controller, Sun PAR Meter, Fans, Co2 Monitor, Spray Bottles, Eye Protection, Aluminum Tent Pegs, Tent 28.25” by 53” by 72” high and few other tools like a custom made dipstick, popsicle stick, pup-tent stake pegs ....

One Seed was soaked in water spiked with some SCD BioAg Probiotics and then popped right into the dirt, no paper towels just popped into the dirt on January 20th .... Water used was rain water - PH was around 6.8 and TDS was a low 23 PPM ....

Seed was soaked on January 20th - today is February 17th so about 28 days since she started her journey ....... there’s going to be a lot of pics so starting in chronological order here’s first few pics .... I’ll be posting today / night until I get up to date ....

January 20th Thru February 4th Pics .... Sam is up and growing:

View attachment 1016377
Love to follow along, waiting to drop some Mephisto myself.

:welcome: Brother please do follow :worship: it helps bring thread to top and I believe Mephisto has a Winner on their hands. Being retred biz owner myself I love helping a small biz like Mephisto who’s standards and biz ethics are the best, so ya tag along ..... Any questions or comments, ask away!

:pass:

You‘re more than welcome!
May I ask you a question? ... How many PAR would you recommend to throw at the ladies in the different stages of their life (without CO2)?
It‘s quite a time that I‘m looking for this information and I would appreciate a lot if you were so kind to help me out. Currently I start them with +/- 250 PAR and let them grow into the lights ... at day 20 they get +/- 350, at day 30 +/- 600 and so on, but never more than +/-1.000 PAR.

@gringuito98 Without issue I’d bump up, slowly to 550 level - Breaking Free is getting 550 at 3 weeks old - she started under T5 then went to tent around 300ish in a corner and slowly up to the 550 range ...... They say 800-1000 in flower but some can take up to 1,700 and bud size / hardness does increase as numbers go up ..... but co2 needed much over 800, I think .... Have to research that ..... Hope this helps!

@gringuito98 Without issue I’d bump up, slowly to 550 level - Breaking Free is getting 550 at 3 weeks old - she started under T5 then went to tent around 300ish in a corner and slowly up to the 550 range ...... They say 800-1000 in flower but some can take up to 1,700 and bud size / hardness does increase as numbers go up ..... but co2 needed much over 800, I think .... Have to research that ..... Hope this helps!

That helped a lot, thank you so much!
:slap:

That helped a lot, thank you so much!
:slap:

Most Welcome :bighug: Checked PAR on Break few minutes ago and she was getting from a low of 485 to 615 as the rail ran from one end to the other ..... I have a 3500K Opric 1, 100 watt flower light, at the other end of tent that is flowering a Strawberry Nugget that’s only got another ten days or so to go, when gone Break will get lamp directed her way and the Bloom loghts on Optic 4 will turn on and I work her up to 1,200 range with co2 - thinking plant going be a heavy hitter!

Last edited:
February 17th ... Sunday 7:15 Pics taken ..... Breaking Free, aka Sam’s Crack, is 20ish, may 21 days days old, Her growth is beyond any expectations one could have, Sam’s Crack is outgrowing her qualifier running stable mates by a wide margin and they are sitting in the same soil / light although different watering system but still .... This seed is either a freak or Mephisto Genetics has created a monster cause this girl is growing.z

Pics show she has hill to climb and how I’m stretching her up the hill along with closeup cola with hook gentle tension uphill held in place by can. Note bud sites popping up behind her ..... Plan is to release day 30-35 but who knows, uncharted territory!

D446A8D1-6AB0-429E-AB1B-729AFBF77E90.jpeg

6DEAE0E9-FE0E-48E5-930F-0BAFCBC0A368.jpeg

C0E6A49E-B9D2-430F-A7A4-0F70AD84C018.jpeg

Which beans you thinking? I love the Strawbery Nuggets and I’ve seen some HUGE White Crack Buds .... Nugs is a shorter / wider nicely formed plant with rock hard buds with red in them the size of golf balls!

Back