Indoor Mephisto Run

So it looks like all the plants over 25 days are starting to flower

Here's the sour livers at 32 days. She's a decent size but I hope she keeps stretching a bit
IMG_1355.jpg
IMG_1356.jpg

The deep blue c and chemdogging are at about 25 days and look like they're starting to flower. They're bothe still very small plants but look pretty healthy. Is this normal to be so small?

Chemdogging
IMG_1358.jpg
IMG_1357.jpg

Deep blue c
IMG_1360.jpg
IMG_1361.jpg

And here is the second deep blue c at a bit over 2 weeks. A bit of wrinkling on the leaves, not sure what's causing that
IMG_1359.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0
So it looks like all the plants over 25 days are starting to flower

Here's the sour livers at 32 days. She's a decent size but I hope she keeps stretching a bit
View attachment 804308 View attachment 804309

The deep blue c and chemdogging are at about 25 days and look like they're starting to flower. They're bothe still very small plants but look pretty healthy. Is this normal to be so small?

Chemdogging
View attachment 804311 View attachment 804310

Deep blue c
View attachment 804315 View attachment 804314

And here is the second deep blue c at a bit over 2 weeks. A bit of wrinkling on the leaves, not sure what's causing that
View attachment 804312
Lift your lights up and they will stretch move them up a foot

I just checked the res on the self watering pot and after filling it this morning it's dry a few hours later. They might need a drink. I'll hit them with some seaweed extract too

G'day afn, been a bit flat out so haven't been taking a lot of pictures. The sour livers is going really well but the others not so much. It's a weird situation as they kind of look healthy but just haven't got going with regards to size and they flowered really early. I had a real fungus gnat problem that I just couldn't shake, I found that the air pots were kind of like hives. So I made the call and put all but the livers outside to fend for themselves. It's still a bit cold here but starting to warm up. Put it down to experience.

I was only running the exhaust fan at about 30% which could have contributed to the slow growth. I've cranked it up now and I think it's helping, even with the lower humidity

Since clearing out the tent the fungus gnats are completely gone which is a massive relief. I was treating with beneficial nematodes which I think was working but I just wasn't getting all the holes in the air pots. I think if I had the time again I'd have dunked the whole pot to treat but I think I'll just give the air pots a miss for now.

The main thing I was hoping for was my 15 gal to work out and I'm really happy with it. Here's a couple pics of the sour livers:

Roughly 36 days
IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

Day 42, reaching hard now :)
IMG_1416.jpg

Here's the little deep blue c. Pic isn't great in the dark, she's just tiny but still flowering with something. About 37 days :-/
IMG_1418.jpg

I've tried my first ferment on the weekend. The left is dandelion and the right is stinging nettles. The nettles were starting to seed so not sure if it will work, but the dandelion was flowering and should be a great boost for the ladies as they finish.
IMG_1415.jpg

It'll be about 2-3 weeks until ready, so just in time for the last few weeks of flower.

Attachments

• IMG_1412.PNG
    IMG_1412.PNG
    699.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1413.PNG
    IMG_1413.PNG
    758.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1414.jpg
    IMG_1414.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 56
G'day afn, been a bit flat out so haven't been taking a lot of pictures. The sour livers is going really well but the others not so much. It's a weird situation as they kind of look healthy but just haven't got going with regards to size and they flowered really early. I had a real fungus gnat problem that I just couldn't shake, I found that the air pots were kind of like hives. So I made the call and put all but the livers outside to fend for themselves. It's still a bit cold here but starting to warm up. Put it down to experience.

I was only running the exhaust fan at about 30% which could have contributed to the slow growth. I've cranked it up now and I think it's helping, even with the lower humidity

Since clearing out the tent the fungus gnats are completely gone which is a massive relief. I was treating with beneficial nematodes which I think was working but I just wasn't getting all the holes in the air pots. I think if I had the time again I'd have dunked the whole pot to treat but I think I'll just give the air pots a miss for now.

The main thing I was hoping for was my 15 gal to work out and I'm really happy with it. Here's a couple pics of the sour livers:

Roughly 36 days
View attachment 808867
View attachment 808868

Day 42, reaching hard now :)
View attachment 808875

Here's the little deep blue c. Pic isn't great in the dark, she's just tiny but still flowering with something. About 37 days :-/
View attachment 808876

I've tried my first ferment on the weekend. The left is dandelion and the right is stinging nettles. The nettles were starting to seed so not sure if it will work, but the dandelion was flowering and should be a great boost for the ladies as they finish.
View attachment 808874

It'll be about 2-3 weeks until ready, so just in time for the last few weeks of flower.
Iv'e heard something about this kinda tea, is it for hormones?

Iv'e heard something about this kinda tea, is it for hormones?
Here's a paper that explains things
https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/SA-7.pdf

"FPJ is used in solutions for seed and soil treatments and plant nutrition. It consists of the young shoots of vigor- ously growing plants that are allowed to ferment for approximately 7 days with the aid of brown sugar. The brown sugar draws the juices out of the plant material via osmosis and also serves as a food source for the mi- crobes carrying out the fermentation process. The weak alcohol produced during fermentation extracts chloro- phyll (soluble in ethanol) and other plant components. It is non-toxic and edible. "

Basically my understanding is the fermentation process extracts the nutrients, minerals and growth hormones of the plant you are fermenting. Essentially making your own bottled nutrients to use at around a tablespoon per gallon. The type of plant material will dictate the effect of the plant juice or extract. Something in transition or flower will give a product that should be used in flower, using fruits (fermented fruit juice/extract) will give you a product to use in full bloom etc.You can use under or over ripe fruits for a material you can use in flower or late flowering as a "finisher" too. It's quite interesting stuff. These products can be used right up the chop as well, bye bye flushing.

The style is an old style of natural farming, or Korean natural farming (knf) which I'm sure you've heard of. Master chos handbook is a good read if interested, it really covers off the techniques and reasons in good detail https://ilcasia.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/chos-global-natural-farming-sarra.pdf

This technique gives you ways to make almost every fertiliser and booster you could need from scraps and plants often found in the home or easily sourced. Cheap and extremely effective. Another great source for recipes and tips is Gil Carandang, a philo farmer that uses really simple recipes and really breaks things down in a simple, easy to understand way. I won't be rushing to try the roach composting anytime soon though lol!

http://theunconventionalfarmer.com/

Hope that gives you something of interest :)

Here's a paper that explains things
https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/SA-7.pdf

"FPJ is used in solutions for seed and soil treatments and plant nutrition. It consists of the young shoots of vigor- ously growing plants that are allowed to ferment for approximately 7 days with the aid of brown sugar. The brown sugar draws the juices out of the plant material via osmosis and also serves as a food source for the mi- crobes carrying out the fermentation process. The weak alcohol produced during fermentation extracts chloro- phyll (soluble in ethanol) and other plant components. It is non-toxic and edible. "

Basically my understanding is the fermentation process extracts the nutrients, minerals and growth hormones of the plant you are fermenting. Essentially making your own bottled nutrients to use at around a tablespoon per gallon. The type of plant material will dictate the effect of the plant juice or extract. Something in transition or flower will give a product that should be used in flower, using fruits (fermented fruit juice/extract) will give you a product to use in full bloom etc.You can use under or over ripe fruits for a material you can use in flower or late flowering as a "finisher" too. It's quite interesting stuff. These products can be used right up the chop as well, bye bye flushing.

The style is an old style of natural farming, or Korean natural farming (knf) which I'm sure you've heard of. Master chos handbook is a good read if interested, it really covers off the techniques and reasons in good detail https://ilcasia.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/chos-global-natural-farming-sarra.pdf

This technique gives you ways to make almost every fertiliser and booster you could need from scraps and plants often found in the home or easily sourced. Cheap and extremely effective. Another great source for recipes and tips is Gil Carandang, a philo farmer that uses really simple recipes and really breaks things down in a simple, easy to understand way. I won't be rushing to try the roach composting anytime soon though lol!

http://theunconventionalfarmer.com/

Hope that gives you something of interest :)
Very cool, I'll have to check this out.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Back