Indoor Mephisto GWK (Grape Walker Kush) & AvT (Alien vs Triangle)

Great question!

Tangent time - a 6-8 week flowering cycle on an auto is more like a 12-16 week flowering cycle on a photo, when taking into consideration light-hours and total watts used (assuming the auto is flowering in the 18-24/day range). In that respect, autos are terribly inefficient!

Back to your questions -

Watts per sq/ft is generally calculated excluding the duration component. Total watts / total sf. And it's generally sf of the grow space, not the area occupied by the plant.

For example -

I'm currently running 200w in an 8sf space, or an equivalent 25w/sf.

If I was to factor in the duration component, in this case an 18hr cycle, it would look like this - (18/24)*(200/8) = 18.75w/sf. This is the true measure of consumption averaged over a daily cycle.

Yield per sf is calculated generally the same - total yield / total sf.

If I hypothetically pull 300gr in my setup, I would have a yield average of 300/8 = 37.5gr/sf and an gr/w average of 300/200 = 1.5gr/w.

As you can see, it's not a fair comparison, you truly need to factor in the duration component to get a true representation of a particular setups efficacy, relative to a comparison (i.e.: your grow vs. my grow).

You bring up a good point about autos verses photos .......

When Sam and Goldie were in Flower, they were using 254 Watts of light - 200 Watts center over Sam and 54 Watts over Goldie .....

Space was 2x4 .......

Goldie looks like 100 grams dried and partially cured at 77% RH now ...... Sam the jury is out ...... but for this example let’s say 10.5 oz yield from Sam ..... which would be total for the tent of 14oz ..... so would math be:

14oz / 8 ..... equals ...... 1.75 oz per Sq Foot
392 Grams / 254 Watts ....... equals ...... 1.54 Grams Watt

You bring up a good point about autos verses photos .......

When Sam and Goldie were in Flower, they were using 254 Watts of light - 200 Watts center over Sam and 54 Watts over Goldie .....

Space was 2x4 .......

Goldie looks like 100 grams dried and partially cured at 77% RH now ...... Sam the jury is out ...... but for this example let’s say 10.5 oz yield from Sam ..... which would be total for the tent of 14oz ..... so would math be:

14oz / 8 ..... equals ...... 1.75 oz per Sq Foot
392 Grams / 254 Watts ....... equals ...... 1.54 Grams Watt

Yeah you got it, calculations are correct. That's a pretty darn good yield/sf and gr/w that you've achieved.

I have heard about the legs on the AVTs this is why i am interested in yours. our restrictions are the same, my total height capability coming in at round 130cm.... that's accommodating the lights.

The gwks and sch sound incredible mate, i am looking forward to following these girls.

yayyy! looking forwrd to the update, check out the glueberrys they got updated today.

Hope you had a good 420... despite the mephisto fuckup.

peace.

I have heard about the legs on the AVTs this is why i am interested in yours. our restrictions are the same, my total height capability coming in at round 130cm.... that's accommodating the lights.

The gwks and sch sound incredible mate, i am looking forward to following these girls.

yayyy! looking forwrd to the update, check out the glueberrys they got updated today.

Hope you had a good 420... despite the mephisto fuckup.

peace.

You absolutely killed it bro! Just fantastic!

Have you grown and/or smoked DP's Glueberry before? If not, you are in for a treat. Disregard if I've already mentioned this but I was so consistently impressed with this strain that I just picked up another 14. Seedsman is currently having a 2 for 1.

You absolutely killed it bro! Just fantastic!

Have you grown and/or smoked DP's Glueberry before? If not, you are in for a treat. Disregard if I've already mentioned this but I was so consistently impressed with this strain that I just picked up another 14. Seedsman is currently having a 2 for 1.

Thanks alot @TheArchitect but its only from following threads like yours where i have gained knowledge.

No i haven't grown them before, but i had heard these were the nuts. Personally, i think DP have some of the most consistent and strong genetics on the market. I really cant wait to sample em!!

I realised i didnt answer your question on the number of AVT's i had. I just bought that many because i figure i can keep em a few years and 20 is about 4 runs. So maybe one run a year to top the jars up.

I think i am going to invest in some more DP. any reccomendations? BB Kush looks really tasty.

peace.

Thanks alot @TheArchitect but its only from following threads like yours where i have gained knowledge.

No i haven't grown them before, but i had heard these were the nuts. Personally, i think DP have some of the most consistent and strong genetics on the market. I really cant wait to sample em!!

I realised i didnt answer your question on the number of AVT's i had. I just bought that many because i figure i can keep em a few years and 20 is about 4 runs. So maybe one run a year to top the jars up.

I think i am going to invest in some more DP. any reccomendations? BB Kush looks really tasty.

peace.

Too kind man, I appreciate it! Great little community here with a ton of like minded people.

I agree, DP's consistency and quality is AAA. Mokum's Tulip, Meringue and Lemon Zkittles are on my DP wishlist.

Bubba Island Kush, Night Queen and Colorado Cookies are all fire. Haven't tried their Blackberry Kush, nice looking flower though.

peace.
I would like to chime in on the AVT. I wish we had got more seeds because it is amazing! From the taste, to the high. Everyone we have shared it with has been blown away. If you havnt tried it yet your in for a treat and if you still have some seeds, cherish them lol.
20190409_191337.jpg

I would like to chime in on the AVT. I wish we had got more seeds because it is amazing! From the taste, to the high. Everyone we have shared it with has been blown away. If you havnt tried it yet your in for a treat and if you still have some seeds, cherish them lol.View attachment 1049019

Wowwww that looks like some top shelf nuggetry right there. NICE. Thank you dude :d5:

Update - Day 43 (Day 33 for GWK-3)

Happy with the canopy, nice solid coverage almost wall to wall. All plants have been topped multiple times, defoliated constantly, LST adjustments every few days and even a couple supercrops on some runaway shoots. Looking like dozens of tops per plant with numerous flowers down into the canopy :)

All of this with plants that are maybe 12-16" tall.

GWK's trichome production is unmatched in this run. Very happy with the current early flower state.

Top Row - SCH, SCH, AvT
Bottom Row - GWK's (Day 33 in the middle)
IMG_20190424_212949.jpg

IMG_20190424_213014.jpg

GWK
IMG_20190424_212514.jpg

IMG_20190424_212518.jpg

IMG_20190424_213521.jpg

AvT
IMG_20190424_213252.jpg
IMG_20190424_212537.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190424_212849.jpg
    IMG_20190424_212849.jpg