Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

The good thing is that the only pic that matters, is the final one, haha. And just wait till the problems start popping up in some of the grows, lol. I guarantee you someone will drop out due to a cal/mag issue and ugly leaves, or because their plant didn't grow tall enough. The only real advantage to starting early is to possibly know the sex, and possible size, before we have to choose a final plant.. With Feb being a short month, those that germed on the 1st, only have a few short weeks before that have to pick a final plant on March 3rd. Which is in two and a half weeks. Sheesh, that'll be here quick!
That is a big advantage looking back, like you said...that March 3rd will be here in no time. Next time I am getting early. I would have, however...my Winner is coming from the Sativa testers and I had to wait for them to arrive! Hahaha

The good thing is that the only pic that matters, is the final one, haha. And just wait till the problems start popping up in some of the grows, lol. I guarantee you someone will drop out due to a cal/mag issue and ugly leaves, or because their plant didn't grow tall enough. The only real advantage to starting early is to possibly know the sex, and possible size, before we have to choose a final plant.. With Feb being a short month, those that germed on the 1st, only have a few short weeks before that have to pick a final plant on March 3rd. Which is in two and a half weeks. Sheesh, that'll be here quick!

Absolutely ..... Mine got started late as I was outa Town on blast off day, and, it took me several days to recoup before I was able to get my act together and even drop a seed to soak ..... then I had a no show on Strawberry Nugs so did a retake before deadline, so a real late bloomer ......

Folks need to remember that this is not a “race” rather a “beauty contest” and the best looking gal on May 1st, wins ....

Wishing everyone the best of grows but of course hope we have the Winner!

Last edited:
@bushmasterar15 for that week 2 update. They are sitting at day 12 right now and I am happy with where they are at :cooldance:. Hoping to top them next week. It does kind of suck to be a week or 2 behind but I really like how you put it @MrOldBoy about it not being a race. :thumbsup: But Ive seen really nice looking plants so far. Im hoping I can train these girls into beautiful bouquets, that are picture worthy. Happy Growing Mates!
PS. Im growing using just MC 2.0 no additives. You can follow along in my signature if anyone is interested. (selfless self promotion :toke:)
20190212_173619.jpg
20190212_173607.jpg

@bushmasterar15 for that week 2 update. They are sitting at day 12 right now and I am happy with where they are at :cooldance:. Hoping to top them next week. It does kind of suck to be a week or 2 behind but I really like how you put it @MrOldBoy about it not being a race. :thumbsup: But Ive seen really nice looking plants so far. Im hoping I can train these girls into beautiful bouquets, that are picture worthy. Happy Growing Mates!
PS. Im growing using just MC 2.0 no additives. You can follow along in my signature if anyone is interested. (selfless self promotion :toke:)
View attachment 1014124 View attachment 1014125

No Worries - Just finishing will be great and hey if not first, we tried and that’s all one can ask from oneself .....

Right now my focus is NOT killing my girls, hope they are heathly and I finish the battle and at least have a plant for all to vote on ...... To be honest I don’t even remember what day I started - around 23-25th except the Strawberry Nug that failed so I put another seed and she popped around the February 1st ..... Anyways giving all my girls the birthday of 2/1 ......

Plus going back to Old School Organics the way I’ve gardened outside - feed the soil ... I’ve also taken another chance and am trying a new container on one of the plants, will see how it works out ..... You never fail until you stop trying!

Best of Grow Bro!

Back