Mephisto Genetics Mephisto Grower of the Year 2019

@bushmasterar15
New batch up
Germ-1st week check
3 mephisto strawberry Nugget
3 mephisto grape Walker Kush

3F07B0C9-2F83-4D64-9887-40CD741BEFBD.jpeg
36914CE3-E1D5-4D40-AD6C-96A8812E897F.jpeg

Must be a some new strain, no just teasing .....

Looks like @Prophetiko has a living soil grow going and that is what they call a cover crop bro ..... his “weed plant”, in the center, will soon shadow the “weeds”!
Ok.... but like you said the plants gonna dwarf the other weeds here soon so why have them? I would think them weeds would attract pests and cause more problems then any benefits they would provide. And the plant looks to be in a grow tent so why would it need to be hidden? I'm not trying to pick apart another person's grow I'm just unclear on the purpose of the weeds.

Ok.... but like you said the plants gonna dwarf the other weeds here soon so why have them? I would think them weeds would attract pests and cause more problems then any benefits they would provide. And the plant looks to be in a grow tent so why would it need to be hidden? I'm not trying to pick apart another person's grow I'm just unclear on the purpose of the weeds.
They aren't weeds bro! They are clovers. And clovers have several benefits in a garden. One of the most popular is pest control. The smell of covers deter unwanted insects. The few insects they do attract, are beneficial insects.. covers also serve as nitrogen fixers in soil. They also help keep your grow medium/soil from compacting and they aid microbial life. The list of benefits is long.. The technical term is called "cover crop". It's been around for centuries. Used mainly in organic growing when you don't feed your plants bottled nutes. You may see some people use hay or mulch as a cover crop ad well. The cannabis plant will grow much taller/bigger than the cover crop, but the cover crop will still be doing it's job in the soil to help the cannabis plants health. The objective of organic growing is to feed the "soil", which in turn, feeds the plant... Bottled nutes are mostly designed to feed the "plant" and not the soil.. Thus having to mix nutes every week. You can find tons of info on it with a quick google search of the term "cover crop". Here are a few example pics from google..
Screenshot_2019-02-07-13-02-47.png
Screenshot_2019-02-07-13-03-07.png

@Prophetiko is there a specific variety of clover that is better than others? I know there are some purplish red varieties versus the more standard green. Just curious if you have had any experience with that.
Not in my opinion.. All clovers are from the legumes family and pretty much perform the same function. The colors are more for outdoors because certain colors attract certain insects that can help with pollination. But Im pretty sure all clovers function the same in the soil. I buy the $10 bag of assorted cover crop from build a soil. It contains the following 12 seed types for cover crops. It's 60% clover though. Reds, whites, yellows ect. One bag has lasted yrs, lol.
  1. Flax - Carter
  2. Clover - Yellow Sweet
  3. Clover - White Dutch
  4. Clover - Medium Red
  5. Clover - Crimson
  6. Lentils - Indianhead
  7. Millet - White Proso
  8. Vetch - Hairy
  9. Vetch - Common
  10. Cowpeas - Red Ripper
  11. Buckwheat - Mancan
  12. Pea - Forage

Ever used Austrian snap peas as a cover? Or dabbled with Azos at all? Or does that add up to being too much N?

Not in my opinion.. All clovers are from the legumes family and pretty much perform the same function. The colors are more for outdoors because certain colors attract certain insects that can help with pollination. But Im pretty sure all clovers function the same in the soil. I buy the $10 bag of assorted cover crop from build a soil. It contains the following 12 seed types for cover crops. It's 60% clover though. Reds, whites, yellows ect. One bag has lasted yrs, lol.
  1. Flax - Carter
  2. Clover - Yellow Sweet
  3. Clover - White Dutch
  4. Clover - Medium Red
  5. Clover - Crimson
  6. Lentils - Indianhead
  7. Millet - White Proso
  8. Vetch - Hairy
  9. Vetch - Common
  10. Cowpeas - Red Ripper
  11. Buckwheat - Mancan
  12. Pea - Forage

@bushmasterar15
Neither one of my re-germs are ready for planting yet. They are still in the tupperware container with short tails. If there not ready by tomorrow, than i'll drop out till next round! :headbang:

Back