Mephisto Genetics Mephisto genetics customer service/feedback thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowering isn't an option, am 18" off the tops of the ghost Toof. Am getting some curling, normally I would attribute to temp/rH, but at 82 and 60%. Am not seeing the issue on the girls 2 weeks back and under canopy. And they aren't turning towards, but away.View attachment 1094291 View attachment 1094292
Ahhhh.... Now l see what you mean. It was really hard to tell from that first pic!

On other fronts, look at this dinner plate!
Gold glue. Pollen coming!

20190823_083036.jpg
20190823_075055.jpg

Lowering isn't an option, am 18" off the tops of the ghost Toof. Am getting some curling, normally I would attribute to temp/rH, but at 82 and 60%. Am not seeing the issue on the girls 2 weeks back and under canopy. And they aren't turning towards, but away.View attachment 1094291 View attachment 1094292

I'm starting off running my QB's as low as they'll go, 125.7 watts, and for height they're up tight to the ceiling. I'm using lux measurements based on HID lighting. Right now I get about 11,600 lux at plant level for seedling. Maybe I'm stoned, but I got this feeling that the intensity of the diodes has a tendency to cause undue stress on the plants. Looking back on my last run, I stressed them from day one as I had my lights running at 307 watts.

If you can't lower the light, raise the plant. Put something under the container.

I've got the white crack and the sour stomper sitting on 5 gallon buckets to get them up, this one seems like it would like me to shorten the day, or put her lower. Lights come on at 5 PM, about 8 am she's turned away. Lights off at noon. At 5 she's looking for light again.

Typically, I think one of the first signs you'll see from light stress is canoeing of the leaf fingers. they start closing in on themselves. I had a couple plants last grow wanting to give me a handshake too. I think I remember seeing a conversation on that awhile back, and maybe a P.H. issue was mentioned. Would make sense, my p.h. pen went wacky on me last grow and soil p.h. went south before I caught it, literally, soil was about 5.5 causing lockout.

Well this a a tricky one. Based on my experience and talking with some other comercial auto breeders, the auto flowering process is intiated when there is stress to the roots. Meaning the tap root reaches the bottom of the pot, or the roots start to ball around the pot.

Thats why stunted plants are usually so small, if you pull them out youll see a root ball usually no bigger than your fist. The roots experienced so much stress that it caused to plant to flower immediately.

Hydro growing methods challenge this theory a bit, like in your small coco pot grows.

From my experince in 2gal organic soil pots autos will flower in 2-3 weeks and should finish in the 70 day range. I run this style of growing for a quick harvest or to test out some new strains.

I also run large 15 gallon pots with living soil. Plants in this setup often dont flower for 3-5 weeks and wont finish for 100 days plus. (Well beyond the 4th node) But they will often be 4-6 ft tall, 3 ft wide and easily yeild 6-12 oz.

So i guess my answer is that we dont really know for sure, and we are still trying to find some eaxct science on this. And the answer for soil and hydro methods could be very different.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

i'm running octopots and see finishing about 30 days or so longer than running just a soil grow...never weighed yeald but it is more...

Typically, I think one of the first signs you'll see from light stress is canoeing of the leaf fingers. they start closing in on themselves. I had a couple plants last grow wanting to give me a handshake too. I think I remember seeing a conversation on that awhile back, and maybe a P.H. issue was mentioned. Would make sense, my p.h. pen went wacky on me last grow and soil p.h. went south before I caught it, literally, soil was about 5.5 causing lockout.
Seeing that too. @ 39" from the lights. White crack and the ghost Toof are 16" and handling it. After looking a little, it only seems to affect growth on parallel leaf growth. Once the plant goes to staggered growth the leaves are normal.
Looks like shes growing out of whatever it was.

Attachments

• 15667403954234983570126661430837.jpg
    15667403954234983570126661430837.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back