New Grower Mephisto fall grow bonanza

I have two Mephisto Weddings going as well. One that’s finishing up now has the chem/rubber scent you guys are talking about, the other one is somewhat sweet but has a ways to go. Hoping I get a sweet pheno. From what I’ve read on multiple forums, seems as tho a large majority of the Wedding’s have that chem scent…
Yeah that's a slight disappointment, the main reason I wanted it was for the wc smell/flavor. Even without it I loved my CDLC and I've heard good things about DG when it grows right so it should be some good smoke regardless.

Yeah that's a slight disappointment, the main reason I wanted it was for the wc smell/flavor. Even without it I loved my CDLC and I've heard good things about DG when it grows right so it should be some good smoke regardless.
My next DGs will be in Earthboxes. More than likely Jrs in the 2x4/ That should be well over a lb.

I think folks might either be chopping their Mephisto Wedding too early or they are making a judgment before the plant has finished ripening. Or some combination of factors, phenotype could be one of them I suppose. I just chopped 2 MW on day 77, in their third day of drying now. Right before harvest and as they continue to dry both plants have strong aromas of vanilla cake, gasoline and sweet fruits. They are some of the strongest smelling and frostiest plants I have ever grown.

I know the chemical scent folks are talking about, but that ripens into sweet fuel aromas as the plant wraps up. Mephisto does mention the MW will look ripe before they are actually finished. My plants basically looked done at about day 70, but in that last week they really cranked up the stank.

Last edited:
I think folks are might either be chopping their Mephisto Wedding too early or they are making a judgment before the plant has finished ripening. Or some combination of factors, phenotype could be one of them I suppose. I just chopped 2 MW on day 77, in their third day of drying now. Right before harvest and as they continue to dry both plants have strong aromas of vanilla cake, gasoline and sweet fruits. They are some of the strongest smelling and frostiest plants I have ever grown.

I know the chemical scent folks are talking about, but that ripens into sweet fuel aromas as the plant wraps up. Mephisto does mention the MW will look ripe before they are actually finished. My plants basically looked done at about day 70, but in that last week they really cranked up the stank.
Yeah I'm starting to get more hints of the vanilla cake but it's only just slightly. Getting the gas/chem smell mainly but no fruitiness yet. I know that tends to come out more after a longer cure though. Overall still wouldn't call this wedding cake smelling yet, but that could change, it's early. Mine went to day 84 so it was definitely ready.

Hi @Talonxracer , are you still exhausting into the same room that you're growing in.
Really excellent results so far.
Yes I am exhausting into the lung room, having to run the dehumidifier to both lower the rh and add some heat. Thanks, it is by far my best grow at this point, there has been some less than stellar results in the past, but were lessons learned, LOL

They do seem happy, sucking down the water. The rain science bags require a top and bottom watering routine.

66 days today and my wedding has at least 3 weeks to go. Currently it has a dirty funky socks odor with a menthol after smell, it has changed several times as it grows. A monster frost machine!!!

The 3bog will be first to harvest, it is packing on bulk and the pistils are just starting to get a light shade of orange.

The double grape is also seeing some shading of the pistils, dense little popcorn buds.

The CDLC is a week behind the rest at 59 days so I expect it to finish around the same time as the wedding.

Last edited:
Yes I am exhausting into the lung room, having to run the dehumidifier to both lower the rh and add some heat. Thanks, it is by far my best grow at this point, there has been some less than stellar results in the past, but were lessons learned, LOL

They do seem happy, sucking down the water. The rain science bags require a top and bottom watering routine.

66 days today and my wedding has at least 3 weeks to go. Currently it has a dirty funky socks odor with a menthol after smell, it has changed several times as it grows. A monster frost machine!!!

The 3bog will be first to harvest, it is packing on bulk and the pistils are just starting to get a light shade of orange.

The double grape is also seeing some shading of the pistils, dense little popcorn buds.

The CDLC is a week behind the rest at 59 days so I expect it to finish around the same time as the wedding.
Thanks mate, you are doing something right :smoking:
I'll be following along for sure. :pop:

Here are a few pics of the 3 BOG from just a minute ago
IMG_20221113_170029.jpg

IMG_20221113_170038.jpg

And all the girls,,,
IMG_20221113_170354.jpg

Back