Mephisto all hype?

:yeahthat: For something totaly off the beaten track, ACE has 2 auto's derived from landrace genetics like Zamadelica, a fierce African badass photo now in auto format!... Night Owl used this for some crosses in fact, thats how good it is! But ask around about it? Most never ever heard of ACE,... too bad, they are a premier heirloom/landrace company, with some amazing hybrids as well. Many private breeders I know of use their stock in breeding, very picky MoFo's to say the least!

So, look around, shake the info tree, shove the cheers and jeers aside and be your own researcher... No one company is the total gold mine IMO, some have lots, some have only a few good'uns,... and always keep in mind what was said about ALL seeds being a dice-roll for pheno's and quality....
Ace Seeds will get my next canna seed money.
I think they mat be working with guy/s from here............................. https://www.indianlandraceexchange.com Pretty interesting on who follows them on IG.

FTFDamien has run lots of ACE gear :thumbsup:

yes! another amazing place often mentioned at another forum I'm at, where I am but a larvae compared to most of the real vets' there... I could never buy another seed again, running off the offerings there alone and be grateful and lucky for it :headbang:... got a few in queue for this season already!
Colombian Diesel/I-95 x New Lime, Colmb.D'/A5HazeThai x Cherry Wifi, Garlicane...

I grow single plants simultaneously for a lot of different auto strains, searching for the best ones to make edibles for sleep.
For me, there is correlation between potency and sleep, but it's not 100%.

I've tried one or more strains from each of these breeders, and few strains work as well for me as mephisto. I mostly give the poorer stuff away, and keep most of the mephisto for myself. A few seeds didn't sprout, so I might not have harvested a plant from every breeder below. For me mephisto is the best breeder I've found. I'll be switching from a discovery strategy that grows 1 or 2 mephistos, along with 4 or 5 other strains, to 4-5 mephistos plus 1 or 2 others. Some of the bigger breeders' stuff has been disappointing.
Breeder
Anesa
Autoseeds
Autoseeds
Barney's
Big Buddha
Buddha
CreamOfTheCrop
Delicious
Dinafem
DutchPassion
Emerald Triangle
Expert Seeds
Fast Buds
Gehehtik
GreenGrass
Greenhouse
GrowersChoice
Humboldt
JustFeminized
Magic Strains (nothing sprouted)
Mephisto
Nirvana
Oaseeds
Pacific
Positronics
Pyramid
RocBud
Royal Queen
Sagarmatha
Samsara
Seedsman
SeedStockers
Sensi
Sensible
ShortStuff
SynergyAG
WorldOfSeeds
Zambeza

I just started to chop my first mephisto grow. Double grape first, man bear alien pig and skywalker another couple of weeks.
They grew amazing, no problems at all, nicest grow I've ever had aesthetically speaking. But that's were it ended, the buds on one dg was grand but the other two plants were small airy buds, a grown the same way in the same tent. During the grow a man bear alien pig went hermie and a double grape started growing bananas out if the top of the bud.
I have another 85 mephisto seeds, went mad after hearing so many good things. Don't really want to go another 3 months to be disappointed. Thinking of sticking to fastbuds.
I have the following seeds, any ideas of which have heavy dense yields? Anyone ever grown them?

bubblegum smile
Northern cheese haze
Man bear alien pig x 3 bears og
Sweet and smelly
Bear assed monkey
Pinot noir
Fugue state
beary white x 3 bears og
Fantastmo express x toof decay
pink livers
hubbabubbahaze
samsquanch og
bears og x double grape
Hubba bubba bear

I just finished a DG, 3 1/2oz dry weight, and hands down one of the frostiest plants I’ve grown. Previously I had a canna cheese. Shouldn’t have topped it because I think I stunted it, but still pushed out 1 1/2oz. No hermies, no nanners, no issues at all on either of the 2. Next will be the 24karat.I thought it was all hype myself, as I primarily grow photos, but these 2 plants have shown me that all hype isn’t exactly the case. Sorry you haven’t had any success to make you feel otherwise. Few shots of the DG.

Attachments

• 9C1F3AD0-D48B-42D3-9B14-EEE491E69753.jpeg
    9C1F3AD0-D48B-42D3-9B14-EEE491E69753.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
  • 1C3A2468-EFAE-44B8-86A9-F853B03EE2F0.jpeg
    1C3A2468-EFAE-44B8-86A9-F853B03EE2F0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • F0F11247-588B-49FE-8D30-5D4E64F1ABC6.jpeg
    F0F11247-588B-49FE-8D30-5D4E64F1ABC6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • 373999A3-69DC-4D5B-9AC6-14C23C872182.jpeg
    373999A3-69DC-4D5B-9AC6-14C23C872182.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • 47CC435C-056C-433B-9854-7858735CBC86.jpeg
    47CC435C-056C-433B-9854-7858735CBC86.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 77
I grow single plants simultaneously for a lot of different auto strains, searching for the best ones to make edibles for sleep.
For me, there is correlation between potency and sleep, but it's not 100%.

I've tried one or more strains from each of these breeders, and few strains work as well for me as mephisto. I mostly give the poorer stuff away, and keep most of the mephisto for myself. A few seeds didn't sprout, so I might not have harvested a plant from every breeder below. For me mephisto is the best breeder I've found. I'll be switching from a discovery strategy that grows 1 or 2 mephistos, along with 4 or 5 other strains, to 4-5 mephistos plus 1 or 2 others. Some of the bigger breeders' stuff has been disappointing.
Breeder
Anesa
Autoseeds
Autoseeds
Barney's
Big Buddha
Buddha
CreamOfTheCrop
Delicious
Dinafem
DutchPassion
Emerald Triangle
Expert Seeds
Fast Buds
Gehehtik
GreenGrass
Greenhouse
GrowersChoice
Humboldt
JustFeminized
Magic Strains (nothing sprouted)
Mephisto
Nirvana
Oaseeds
Pacific
Positronics
Pyramid
RocBud
Royal Queen
Sagarmatha
Samsara
Seedsman
SeedStockers
Sensi
Sensible
ShortStuff
SynergyAG
WorldOfSeeds
Zambeza

Responding to an old post, but what meph strains have you found to be best for sleep? This is my single most important symptom to find relief from. Thanks!

Responding to an old post, but what meph strains have you found to be best for sleep? This is my single most important symptom to find relief from. Thanks!

I grow for my wife, who suffers from Lupus. Her range of ailments are all over the place, insomnia being one of them. Canna cheese, and the double grape seem to work well for her which the main reason I got them. Most strains, if you push them far enough to have more Amber trichs will provide the couch lock effect that ultimately promotes sleepiness. The strains that I find to be more energetic I label as such, and try not to Amber them out because they work for reasons other than insomnia. Some strains if pushed too hard into Amber doesn’t provide a high that last very long. So I would experiment and find the strains that work best for you. I will say that anything Kush and gelato related are great for insomnia if grown the right way.

24 carat, will put you to sleep. I don't get couchlock or super high, just pass out. Really need to make edibles to make it through the night.

Surprisingly almost any mephisto strain that's 60% indica or more works well for me for sleep.
I chalk that up to the high thc content.
I even slept pretty well last night on a potent sativa Zambeza SuperSilverHaze.

I give stuff to friends, and some of them report little difference between sativa sleep and indica sleep.

I believe there are various substances, maybe some undiscovered, that help with sleep in some strains.
But thc is a big sleep aid.

I wish I could take back what I said originally. The more I read about the work Mephisto do compared to other breeders is fantastic. I just got unlucky with my own errors. Any of theirs that I did grow came out amazing. Yes there was issues but probably due to my own fault.

I've no experience with Mephisto but I can't see myself buying from them in the near future despite their proven quality genetics. The reason is the whole 'Monday madness' sales technique. Getting their customers to jump through hoops rubs me the wrong way. This is obviously an 'it's me not them' thing but i don't have any enthusiasm for that kind of environment.

I can browse many other seed providers in a relaxed manner and choose from quality genetics 6 days a week. The other sellers like Fast Buds, Sweetseeds, Seedman et al seem, to me, to be more appreciative of their customers. That being said, I'm new (or returning after 25 years hiatus) to the whole game and this is really just a personal opinion on what suits me, and not to whether Mephisto genetics are over hyped.

As to the hype, I think the quality difference to the other premium seed sellers is slight, yes good genetics are essential but looking at the experienced growers on this site who have their environments and techniques locked down, you could almost throw them a pumpkin seed and they'd produce two pounds of dry primo bud from it in two weeks.

I am obviously a newbie and my opinion is not worth the digital space it takes up but as a newbie i feel compelled to share my ill informed wisdom.

Back