Mephisto Genetics Mephisto 2nd Leg Starts May 1st (Signup and Battle)

Thanks Slow, I am trying different methods of growing all around. Like @Fitzy , the solo cup is mostly cut away but for seeding it sat inside a fully intact cup of precharged Canna coco. Every plant in my tent has something done differently from the other to help me learn more about growing.
I like that you are already comfortable with experiments! I personally prefer to transplant, but that is my preference. Finding what works best for you is the ultimate goal. You have done a great job in a short time span. Good luck and good work! Peace, slow

howdy :pass::bighug::pass:
@bushmasterar15 , here we go for week 2 update :d5:
strawberry nuggets at dat 14 and gwk at day 13 :worship:
under cob for veg , and low nutes :vibe::hookah::headbang:
ez growing so far :d5:
20190511_174403.jpg
20190511_174408.jpg
20190511_174256.jpg
20190511_174305.jpg

I just had a forest so had to use cups other wise I plant direct to soil and that light color is from flushing I had one to many stages of feed and gave it full flower bites like a ass so ya needless to say I'm surprised she is alive plus this seed was picked off plant then 2 days later into paper towel

Cool, just curious the rationale for leaving plants in cups is as I see so many people do it on this site. I guess I am confused at the rationale for not transplanting. Good luck, glad she is alive and doing well. Peace, slow

Cool, just curious the rationale for leaving plants in cups is as I see so many people do it on this site. I guess I am confused at the rationale for not transplanting. Good luck, glad she is alive and doing well. Peace, slow
I'm to ruff on things so it's better to not have to disturb the root ball so way I do it when I have to is this (see pic) so I've done side by side to see if it hurt roots expanding but I saw no difference in anything growth rates bud production all were minimal differences first time was with dinafem blue widow then tried on autos I can build motors and do other delicate things but I've stunted a few doing transplants so I avoid now other wise I plant direct
15576074815572845557889254118645.jpg

I'm to ruff on things so it's better to not have to disturb the root ball so way I do it when I have to is this (see pic) so I've done side by side to see if it hurt roots expanding but I saw no difference in anything growth rates bud production all were minimal differences first time was with dinafem blue widow then tried on autos I can build motors and do other delicate things but I've stunted a few doing transplants so I avoid now other wise I plant direct
View attachment 1058015
If it works for you that's cool, but would have to respectfully disagree with you. Especially in Coco, transplanting is far superior and not stressfull to transplant. Keeping in cups can reduce plant size, but if you are happy with the results, that is all that matters. Good luck, peace slow

If it works for you that's cool, but would have to respectfully disagree with you. Especially in Coco, transplanting is far superior and not stressfull to transplant. Keeping in cups can reduce plant size, but if you are happy with the results, that is all that matters. Good luck, peace slow

The only problem I had with transplanting was having the coco fall apart in my hand while I tried to transfer it into the final pot. So, I tried a germed seed straight into the final pot with a Skywalker and I tried the cut away solo cup with a SODK. I’m thinking I will go straight into the pot with a germed seed from now on as I don’t see much difference in growth between the two methods.

W
The only problem I had with transplanting was having the coco fall apart in my hand while I tried to transfer it into the final pot. So, I tried a germed seed straight into the final pot with a Skywalker and I tried the cut away solo cup with a SODK. I’m thinking I will go straight into the pot with a germed seed from now on as I don’t see much difference in growth between the two methods.
That means you transplanted too soon. Starting in final pot is ideal for zero stress. Starting in cups reduces overwatering, but once you know how to water a seedling it is no big deal. Water around he edges and go light until they start to take off.

Also, a little tip for transplanting is to push up on the bottom of the cup to release it a little. Now, turn the cup upside-down while holding the stem gently between your middle/ring fingers. Plop the plant out like a Sandcastle, with the plant remaining upside down. Push the bottom of the cup if it needs more help. You should never have to touch the roots while transplanting. You just plop the plant into the premade hole in the final pot. Gently pack and water the outside edges. You are Quick learner and I feel like you have the ability to start directly and do well. You know how LITTLE the amount of water it takes in cups right? Use the same concept and slightly less water per watering vs in cups. Water the edges to a avoid overwateringand promote outward root developement. You are doing great, keep it up! Peace, slow

Back