New Grower Mephesto Group Grow: Scene 1

Reaction score
Hey everyone – this is my first attempt at a cannabis grow, new medical state. I wanted to do a log to track the progress and have experienced eyeballs on the plants, seeing what I can’t yet.

Background: My grow started in a “spacebucket” with Grapey Walter (GW1) and Sour Crack (SC1) with “300 watt” blurple UFOs & 24v LED strip side-lights. But I quickly realized that things weren’t going well, the environment was difficult to control and temps/humidity were all over the place. The plants didn’t look too happy or healthy. After about 5 days I’d decided to scrap the buckets and reboot to what is detailed below (GW1 and SC1 are doing way better, but stunted).

Gear:

Enclosure: VIVOSUN 2-in-1 (48”x36”x72”)

Vent: Apollo Horticulture 4" Inch 190 CFM Inline Duct Fan

Temp/Humidity: ThermoPro TP65 Digital Wireless Hygrometer

Humidity: Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier (6L) – in tent 30m on / 2h off cycle

Fan: Genesis 6-Inch Clip-On – in tent

Lights: (4) VERO29-C (3000K 80 CRI) @ 68 volts x 4 lights = ~480 watts (30in above pots)

Driver: MW HLG-480H-C1750B

Pots: 3 gal Garden4Ever grow bags

Environmental:

Tap Water: pH 7.0 & 60ppm

Water Used: 50/50 Tap/RO w/ CalMg + 0.5ml pHUp = pH 6.2-6.5 ~360ppm

Watering Frequency: 2-3 Days based on weight (whole bag rehydration)

Additives: Recharge initially + FF Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom eventually

Light Cycle: 20/4 (Light: 75-80F w/ 50% RH (20h) - Dark: slowly drops to ~69F w/ 65-75% RH)

Planting Media: 100% FFHF on the bottom and 50% FFHF / 40% FFLW / 10% Perlite in top half (GW1 and SC1 are 50% ProMix FLX / 30% FFLW / 20% Perlite)

Germination: Mephesto Genetics tek (toilet paper/DVD) – 100% germination in 24-36h

Sowing: Placed into Root Riot plugs, then directly into filled 3 gal grow bags (GW2 & SC2 seed directly into soil)

Grapey Walter 1 (GW1)
Germ Date: 12/3
Above Ground: 12/6
Today: 12/24 – day 18

IMG_3163.jpg IMG_3173.jpg

Sour Crack 1 (SC1)
Germ Date: 12/4
Above Ground: 12/7
Today: 12/21 – day 17

IMG_3168.jpg IMG_3169.jpg

Fantasmo Express (FE)
Germ Date: 12/14
Above Ground: 12/7
Today: 12/24 – day 8

IMG_3170-2.jpg

Ghost Toof (GT)
Above Ground: 12/17

IMG_3171.jpg

Grapey Walter 2 (GW2)
Above Ground: 12/17

IMG_3160-2.jpg

Sour Crack 2 (SC2)
Germ Date: 12/15
Above Ground: 12/18
Today: 12/24 – day 7

IMG_3166.jpg

In particular I'd like to know if/when/how to subject GW1 & SC1 to LST and any other suggestions. Thanks!

Sounds like a nice setup. They will love it in there. I’m a new grower myself. I like to top them, grapey Walter1 looks almost ready for that. It seems to start things off nicely for later LST.

hi and :welcome: @Dewey Matter :pass:bumpy start they looking ok :smokeit:
been lurking for some time or first day here ? :CSR: im archie gemmill :footy:your butlins blue coat hi de high site rep :paleo:a few things well worth a read.

Site Terms Of Use
regardless if you read them or not,you have agreed to abide by them,so best cast your eye over takes 2 mins,in short no religion politics and dont be a knob :shooty:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/site-terms-of-use.13737/

New Member Intros
why not do an intro,tell us something about yourself your grow or your ferret :shrug:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/live-introductions.35/
Live Stoner Gossip bit lost or stuck,got a question ? a cuppa tea getting cold and a rocket to burn ?:coffee::smokeout:
https://www.autoflower.org/t...ossip-october-2018.67798/page-48#post-1916976
some Guides and Tutorials:laptop:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/guides-tutorials/
start a journal in the new growers section :watering:
https://www.autoflower.org/forums/new-growers-grow-journals.44/

follow along with Ash-A-Ton from seed to jar thread :smokeit:
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/school-daze-seed-to-jar-live-guide.65331/

have a good look around,click on some signature links.

anything else just ask away or @ me
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Hello n good luck with your grow I wait till about the 3rd set of leafs or week 3 to start LST. I like to anchor in at the base near the soil to make sure I dont shift my roots then start to bend in the opposite direction. I try to if I can bend the plant around the pot in a circle which seems to give me a very bushy plant structure. I fimmed the gorilla glue im doing this time and did a bunch of LST and she is turning out to be very bushy and honestly the plant seemed to rebound quite quickly from it. Hopefully youre girls will like their new grow area better than the SB best of luck and have fun with it !

Thank you for the replies and hopefully I can provide some interest as well as a historical record for me to learn from. Will be visiting often and posting updated images weekly-ish or as problems arise. So this is what's going on (detailed, but hopefully not too wordy):
  • Begin LST on GW1 and maybe SC1 (she's a little squatty bush, more wide than tall). Snipping yellowed leaves at the base of GW1.
  • Adding 2 more Vero29C's on Sat - 3500k 90cri. Total potential wattage at ~750w with a 2:4 ratio of 3500k/90cri : 3000k/80cri (little better for veg). Will run the same total wattage, ~450w @30in in a 3x3' space.
  • Adjusting the temp and RH to be more in-line with the VPD charting (L: 75-80F w/ 55-65 RH & D: drop to 68F w/60-75% RH).
  • Lowering the water pH just a hair to 6.2 - soil and runoff pH are 6.5. With Cal-Mag added PPM's are 330. 1/2 strength Recharge every watering (every 3-4 days).

Thank you for the replies and hopefully I can provide some interest as well as a historical record for me to learn from. Will be visiting often and posting updated images weekly-ish or as problems arise. So this is what's going on (detailed, but hopefully not too wordy):
  • Begin LST on GW1 and maybe SC1 (she's a little squatty bush, more wide than tall). Snipping yellowed leaves at the base of GW1.
  • Adding 2 more Vero29C's on Sat - 3500k 90cri. Total potential wattage at ~750w with a 2:4 ratio of 3500k/90cri : 3000k/80cri (little better for veg). Will run the same total wattage, ~450w @30in in a 3x3' space.
  • Adjusting the temp and RH to be more in-line with the VPD charting (L: 75-80F w/ 55-65 RH & D: drop to 68F w/60-75% RH).
  • Lowering the water pH just a hair to 6.2 - soil and runoff pH are 6.5. With Cal-Mag added PPM's are 330. 1/2 strength Recharge every watering (every 3-4 days).
Sounds like good solid planning! Consider keeping the temperature in the 75-80 range, I might be mistaken but I think they are happier there in veg.

Sounds like good solid planning! Consider keeping the temperature in the 75-80 range, I might be mistaken but I think they are happier there in veg.

You're probably correct, but really can't unless I do something new - the simplest of which would be going to a 24/0 light schedule. Maybe employ a heater for 4 hours during lights off. But that's something I'd rather not do, could be difficult to control, potentially creating new problems as well. So it's a compromise - just want to have healthy producing plants and see how things go this run and reassess. Thanks for the insight!

The 2 new Vero29's came in - lots of reworking the frame and wiring, but it's done. Here is the group today after the lights were installed (the corners are 3000k/80cri and the center two are the 3500k/90cri - best I could figure out for light distribution).

Attachments

• Grow_tent_3500k_90cri.jpg
    Grow_tent_3500k_90cri.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 142
Back