MEDIC GROW LED PRODUCT SHOWCASE

At 80% I can usually keep the temps mid 80’s which is actually working out cuz mid to high 70’s I have trouble with keeping rh where stuff falls in proper vpd range!

That far along and still only 40% power? From your kill-a-watt that's only 292W, and you measured 800+ ppfd at 18". That light appears to be very strong and quite efficient. How's the heat output? I think @Fermented_Fruitz mentioned he was having a heat issue?
Heat has not been a problem. At the 40% power level I've been reading 79 temp and 75 rh at the canopy. Lights-out nightime readings are 73F / 60RH.

Still getting stretch, so some of the plants are getting real close now to the light. Tallest ones are about 8" down and get 830-910 PPFD (depending on where in the tent they are). The shortest is 27" below the light and getting about 530 PPFD. I plan to raise the light and increase the watts in the next day.

Meanwhile, flower development has begun, just as expected - about 12 days into the 12x12 light cycle. @Medic Grow LED @Trichome farmer

13.tent a.jpg
13.tent b.jpg

Shortly after the last posting, I raised the light and kicked up the power level to 60%. Heat is still no problem; my exhaust fan runs periodically (on demand from the Inkbird temp controller) and keeps the tent in the low 70s. Here's a view just a few days into flower.

13.tent c 60%.jpg

13.tent a.jpg
13.tent b.jpg

The light has been running at 60% for a couple of weeks now, and it is raised up as high as I can go in the tent. My temps are still fine - low to mid 70ies with moderate use of the extraction/vent fan. The tallest of the plants is about 12" below the light and is reading about 1250 ppfd. The shortest plants sits 36" from the light and gets 450 ppfd. So far I'm very pleased with the efficiency and performance. Here's a view at day 35 into flower development.

35.tent h.jpg

I know, this is really crowded for a 4'x4' tent. I rarely ever do more than 4 plants, and those are always autoflowers which tend to be small. Here I'm really pushing the envelope with 6 photoperiod plants (clone cuttings from this summer's outdoor grow). I'm going to need to keep a watchful eye out for PM or bud rot as things progress. Fortunately, at this time of year my ambient RH is quite low, so that helps a lot.

35.tent a.jpg
35.tent c.jpg
35.tent d.jpg
35.tent e.jpg
35.tent f.jpg
35.tent g.jpg

As the stretch continues slightly, my proximity between canopy tops and bottom of light is narrowing. I'm now growing at 9" distance for the tallest and 24" for the shortest. And at these positions I'm getting 1460 to 950 ppfd respectively. Since we're getting pretty far along in the flower development, I'm going to raise the power level to 80%. But here's pics taken before that adjustment. Its day 43.

43.a.jpg
43.b.jpg
43.c.jpg

@Medic Grow LED @Fermented_Fruitz @Trichome farmer
Ok, 80% is no problem. My temperatures are still in low-to-mid seventies -- again the ambient temperature and low RH outside the tent is a key factor in this, I'm sure. At this power level I'm getting max-min ppfd readings of 1800 for tallest plants and 1350 for shortest. A couple of weeks have passed and I'm now ready to begin selective harvesting. Here's a view at day 56.

56.a.jpg
56.b.jpg
56.c.jpg

Thanks @Kyote. So these are the same plants that I grew in the big outdoor event where you and Jean-O did such an outstanding job..... congratz.
I have to say, growing these same strains indoors to so way much easier. The outdoor grow (my first) was a real battle with Mother Nature. While my indoor yields will be somewhat less, the health of the plants and quality of the buds is far superior. This Medic Grow led has also been a real plus and pleasure to work with. In a few weeks (after completed harvest and dry) I'll post up the yield statistics and how these compared to the same strains outdoors.

Thanks @Kyote. So these are the same plants that I grew in the big outdoor event where you and Jean-O did such an outstanding job..... congratz.
I have to say, growing these same strains indoors to so way much easier. The outdoor grow (my first) was a real battle with Mother Nature. While my indoor yields will be somewhat less, the health of the plants and quality of the buds is far superior. This Medic Grow led has also been a real plus and pleasure to work with. In a few weeks (after completed harvest and dry) I'll post up the yield statistics and how these compared to the same strains outdoors.

Your od plants were like the timex commerical... takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

Your tent looks amazing.. am surprised at the high ppfd you have going .. do you supplement with co2?

Back