Dutch Passion MedGrower does (finally!) AutoColorado Cookies! (DWC -grow with GN lights)

I reckon you will get a couple of big ones from your set up! (you never seem to grow small ones)

Thanks for the compliments Tony! Yeah I think you are right about that; these are growing up rapidly now and I love it so far. Looking really promising. :thumbsup:

DAY 36

pH 6.0
EC 1.2
RH 50 - 60

Both plants are streching out and giving out their pre-flowers. I had to employ some little bit of LST and defoliation to keep the canopy even and let the light through. I removed some of the larger leaves because they were so enormous they shadowed huge parts of the lower budsites. Removed some foliage and stems from bottom part also. I noticed a little signs of nitrogen toxicity from some of the top leaves. I guess in future feedings I will try to tweak the ratios between AN Bloom A and B for something more like 2:3 or 3:4 to try to reduce levels of N. She doesn't seem to like it. I was reading that some strains of beneficial bacteria turns ammonia to nitrates, so it may be a possibility that this thing is happening in my reservoir right now, resulting in too much N for the plant.

Stalk is getting thicker and stronger; about 2cm thick now.

ACC D36 top.JPG

ACC D36 side.JPG

This method of LST with pipe cleaners seems to work when the plant is undergoing its bloom-phase strech. Stem is soft and bendy enough for a brief period of time after the streching that it can be bent without breaking it. After a while, it will harden up and keep its form. I found it really handy, simple and effective technique.
ACC D36 bend.JPG

ACC D36 stalk.JPG

Thanks for the compliments Tony! Yeah I think you are right about that; these are growing up rapidly now and I love it so far. Looking really promising. :thumbsup:

DAY 36

pH 6.0
EC 1.2
RH 50 - 60

Both plants are streching out and giving out their pre-flowers. I had to employ some little bit of LST and defoliation to keep the canopy even and let the light through. I removed some of the larger leaves because they were so enormous they shadowed huge parts of the lower budsites. Removed some foliage and stems from bottom part also. I noticed a little signs of nitrogen toxicity from some of the top leaves. I guess in future feedings I will try to tweak the ratios between AN Bloom A and B for something more like 2:3 or 3:4 to try to reduce levels of N. She doesn't seem to like it. I was reading that some strains of beneficial bacteria turns ammonia to nitrates, so it may be a possibility that this thing is happening in my reservoir right now, resulting in too much N for the plant.

Stalk is getting thicker and stronger; about 2cm thick now.

View attachment 619402

View attachment 619399

This method of LST with pipe cleaners seems to work when the plant is undergoing its bloom-phase strech. Stem is soft and bendy enough for a brief period of time after the streching that it can be bent without breaking it. After a while, it will harden up and keep its form. I found it really handy, simple and effective technique.
View attachment 619398

View attachment 619400

Awesome growing bro,you have come such a long way in a handful of grows,you have really mastered you technique and your Mrs must have more than enough meds.

About B52, I've stopped using it completely,and a few other add ons.....I'm basically using the 'Easy Auto' scheduled bookended with voodoo juice in the first week of feeding and Guanokalong Taste Improver in the last (plus calmag when needed) seems to be working great.

Awesome growing bro,you have come such a long way in a handful of grows,you have really mastered you technique and your Mrs must have more than enough meds.

About B52, I've stopped using it completely,and a few other add ons.....I'm basically using the 'Easy Auto' scheduled bookended with voodoo juice in the first week of feeding and Guanokalong Taste Improver in the last (plus calmag when needed) seems to be working great.

Thanks TaNg and good to see you around bro! Glad to hear your "Easy Auto" schedule is working for you. I think I will give it another try in future too with some strain I actually have prior experience with. Now to the update!

DAY 43

pH 6.0
EC 1.2
RH 60

Humidity is hard to keep under control. It is raining all the time and I need to try to keep the electricity consumption to minimal to avoid unwarranted attention. Therefore I have made a compromize and limited the dehumidifier to 60% relative humidity. Strech is about to be finished and I predict we are going to start to see the buds beginning their swelling. Still running with the MS006 LED with 180w powerdraw. Both of my HS1's are busy finishing my AutoUltimate -grow that is taking longer than I expected. It may be still another couple weeks before I can get one HS1 added to this grow.

Picked up some yellowing leaves from the bottom already. Everything looks pretty ok and going smooth. I hope the plants wont strech too much anymore, otherwise I would need to start tying them up again..

Nutrient solution for this week (ml per litre):
Sensi Bloom 1ml
Big Bud 1ml
B52 1ml
Sensizyme 1ml
Rhinoskin 1ml

PICS

ACC D43 top.JPG

ACC D43 budling.JPG

Voodoo Juice has worked its magic
ACC D43 rootzone.JPG

DAY 49

EC 1.1
pH 6.0
RH 50 - 60

Thanks for the compliments @Grim Reefer ! Vertical growth has stopped and we are officially in the flowering mode. Budsites are gradually swelling. Lowered the EC a bit since it seemed to go up as the plants seem to like to drink more than they eat. Still going with just the MS006 since I have both of my HS1's busy growing DP's Ultimate that is on it's day 90 and going forward. I plan to take one HS1 from there once I start flushing the plant, that may take a week or two still. I am confident this old workhorse will do its job fairly.

No issues so far, I kinda like this strain how it grows. I tied up some strings horizontally and attached the separate branches to them so I can move and space them apart from each other and allow the light to penetrate better.

Feed for this week (ml per litre)
1ml Sensi Bloom
1ml Rhinoskin
1ml B52
1ml Big Bud
1ml Carboload
1ml Sensizyme

ACC D49 top.JPG

ACC D49 bud.JPG

MedGrower, i tell everyone i see dealing with high RH problems to look up the Product called Bud Rot Stop. Its a natural bacteria spray and as long as you apply it once or twice before harvest no matter the RH you will never see bud rot again. So get rid of your dehumidifier and get yourself that product.

Back