Wow, that’s some great info there about salt buildup probably not being a problem. I’ll try not flushing out then and save myself a huge hassle, TYVM! An Lmao, yeah it seems that anything with droppers or nozzles is doomed to failure over time.

That’s why I’ve always been into low-tech methods such as Hempy or hand watering, personally. I have no experience, but it’s just something I’ve observed with other peoples grows over time.
Drippers work fine for a lot of people on here as well as long as you flush your tank and lines out when necessary. Although for a small grow like this top watering might be easier. Ive talked to quite a few people who run them, yeah they clog but fir big grows with a lot of plants it definitely makes sense to auto irrigate. I dont but 4 plants is easy peasy top watering

I agree with the few that said filter and extractor can be mounted outside tent. Order a couple more ratchet straps and get maximum headspace. I can fill a 2x2 with one plant in a 4 gal pot. Topping and LST will increase yield while keeping height down. 2 plants will fill it. LST isn’t scary. Just spreading out and tying down branches to open plant up and get light to all bud sites. Aim for an even canopy.

@TempleTrees - Thanks for the nutrient research links. I'll definitely give them a read through later. Have you decided on a nutrient line? I saw you mention the 1-part MegaCrop. Loads of growers here are using MC, especially the 2 part.

Top grower @Mañ'O'Green has a fantastic schedule with the 2 part MC and I have seen him post some very good advice for the 1-part.

I'll go see if I can't find his thread/chart stuff.

EDIT: Here's one to take a gander

:yeahthat: Lots of people here use megacrop in all sorts of mediums. I'm pretty sure MOG even has a calculator in the megacrop thread. He uses lots of additional amendments but there's other people growing great looking plants with just happy frog soil and 1part megacrop. Greenleaf has a free sample on their site and this is what they sent me a couple weeks ago... There's also products to keep your drip lines clean. I used slf100 and it works great :thumbsup:
PXL_20221207_230245150.jpg

I use Megacrop one part. I don’t go higher than 3.5 gpg for autos but for photos I end up doing the max by the time the grow is done
Thank you very much! That really helps me narrow down a target PPM range for seedling through veg. I still need to figure out maximum seedling strength tbh lol

@DCLXVI I actually have decided to try out megacrop 1-part, after looking for a better alternative to Maxibloom (K.I.S.S.) for years. And TYVM for the link, I’ll check it out!

…Not that there’s anything wrong with Maxibloom. Megacrop just looks to be an obviously superior product when you compare the ingredients. Plus @Greenleaf Nutrients was giving out 1Kg bags for free :woohoo1:! Props and thanks to Greenleaf for a great product and a freebie:thanks:
Anyway, I’ve Been lurking forums for over a decade, but finally made an account here (the best forum :cheers:) when my state finally went legal. I’m super pumped!

1-Part nutrient hydro (coco, perlite, and now @St. Tom has me eyeballing 50/50 coco/Leica when I normally wouldn’t touch the stuff lol), and something foolproof and low-tech like hempy buckets are my grow style “in spirit”. I might run Hempy’s for fun someday.

Right now I’m planning on 4x 0.25 gal (1L) HonorThePlant grow bags, hand bottom-watered Megacrop, in saucers, running 100% fine perlite (~50/50 WHC/AP) for the inertness (to dial in PPM’s) and hopefully re-useability. I also have some 0.5 (2L) gallon bags from @Rain Science to trial as well, if I decide the girls are too small in the 0.25 gal.

I looked up topping & looks like I might top at the Fourth node.

This guy is also developing a similar grow style, but 100% organic in soil with just alfalfa meal and kelp meal. I hope to try the same thing in perlite someday, just to see if it works.

First run I’m planning on 4 different phenos from @Twenty20 Adam . The deals at one of the popular seed banks was just too generous not to put in a large order lol. MSG (Garlic), Triks (OGK), Trizzlers (Strawberry Gas), and their F1 cross freebie El Diablo (Smores-liquorice) is what is in plan.

Thanks for the help everyone :smokeout:, I’m reading up on everyone’s links and grows.

Last edited:
@DCLXVI I actually have decided to try out megacrop 1-part, after looking for a better alternative to Maxibloom (K.I.S.S.) for years. And TYVM for the link, I’ll check it out!

…Not that there’s anything wrong with Maxibloom. Megacrop just looks to be an obviously superior product when you compare the ingredients. Plus @Greenleaf Nutrients was giving out 1Kg bags for free :woohoo1:! Props and thanks to Greenleaf for a great product and a freebie:thanks:
Anyway, I’ve Been lurking forums for over a decade, but finally made an account here (the best forum :cheers:) when my state finally went legal. I’m super pumped!

1-Part nutrient hydro (coco, perlite, and now @St. Tom has me eyeballing 50/50 coco/Leica when I normally wouldn’t touch the stuff lol), and something foolproof and low-tech like hempy buckets are my grow style “in spirit”. I might run Hempy’s for fun someday.

Right now I’m planning on 4x 0.25 gal (1L) HonorThePlant grow bags, hand bottom-watered Megacrop, in saucers, running 100% fine perlite (~50/50 WHC/AP) for the inertness (to dial in PPM’s) and hopefully re-useability. I also have some 0.5 (2L) gallon bags from @Rain Science to trial as well, if I decide the girls are too small in the 0.25 gal.

I looked up topping & looks like I might top at the Fourth node.

This guy is also developing a similar grow style, but 100% organic in soil with just alfalfa meal and kelp meal. I hope to try the same thing in perlite someday, just to see if it works.

First run I’m planning on 4 different phenos from @Twenty20 Adam . The deals at one of the popular seed banks was just too generous not to put in a large order lol. MSG (Garlic), Triks (OGK), Trizzlers (Strawberry Gas), and their F1 cross freebie El Diablo (Smores-liquorice) is what is in plan.

Thanks for the help everyone :smokeout:, I’m reading up on everyone’s links and grows.
I've grown loads of twenty20 stuff always great strains I have 2 of there photo strains girl crush at the moment also regarding my medium the coco /clay pebble mix just works for me from solo cups to 15 litre pots and even autopots

Back