When you said "I have around 36in/90cm of total grow height" I thought you meant your tent was maybe 48" tall, total. 24"x24"x72" should be fine. My tent is 24"x24"x65".
Thanks again parsing! Just curious, what’s the max height you’ve seen in your 1L airpots?

Just FYI for everyone, Im hesitant to use anything bigger than 0.5 Gallon pots, 0.8 gallon absolute maximum, because I’d like to grow both sativas and Indicas without much hastle. One to two 2 or 3 gallon pots with short genetic indicas wouldn’t scare me much, but I’d like to run taller sativa leaning strains as well. The small pot size stunts the autos to grow smaller, at least in theory, and you just grow many small plants. SOG really.

Not my photos, plants, or grow, but this exact grow is why I’m hesitant to even run 0.5 gallon pots. These autos were grown by “OptimusMatrix” on another site. 0.5 gallons in coco with Canna A+B. Just crazy.

F64DDA47-A4F9-4616-95F6-D345FBB9EA6E.jpeg

Coco is a whole different gig then soil as far as small pots go. Here's 2 in 1 gallon coco pots finishing up. Both about 28" tall with no training. Grown in a 72" tall tent with a 15" table at the bottom

Pretty much exactly what I’m shooting for! Thanks for the data, it really helps!

That second plants top cola is ridiculous

Pretty much exactly what I’m shooting for! Thanks for the data, it really helps!

That second plants top cola is ridiculous
If you're gonna go small pots and coco, you're gonna need to go automated irrigation. That 2nd plant is a @Jean-O WMD and is smelling like cream soda :thumbsup: Here's 10 in 1 gallon pots in a 3x3 tray in a 4x4 tent
image.jpg

Thanks again parsing! Just curious, what’s the max height you’ve seen in your 1L airpots?
I've supercropped anything that stretched more than about 30" tall, bending branches 90 degrees to make them lie flat around 28-30". Most of my plants in 1/2 liter containers end up around 22-24" tall without any major training besides topping once around day 15 (I almost always top), but my Hubbabubbasmelloscope kept stretching taller, and some other plants have had a branch or two I've bent and tied down. I thought my Mango Smile would get really tall too, but instead it had wide shoulders, growing more like a candelabra.

If you're gonna go small pots and coco, you're gonna need to go automated irrigation. That 2nd plant is a @Jean-O WMD and is smelling like cream soda :thumbsup: Here's 10 in 1 gallon pots in a 3x3 tray in a 4x4 tent

Not necessarily. I grow with a handful of small pots in a 2x2 (1L airpots, solo cups, and other 1/2 - 1L plastic containers), I put them in in two windowboxes and just dump nutrient water in the windowboxes each morning. They wick it up during the day. Pretty easy. I am going to set up some sort of automatic irrigation next grow as a travel backup, but otherwise it's not a big deal.

gt_flash_1-jpg.1413184

Here's a Ghost Toof in a solo cup that got 32" / 81 cm tall. I didn't supercrop it because it climbed up in the corner of my tent.

hbh_flash_2-jpg.1413186

This Hubbabubba Haze was about 24" / 60 cm, about average for that grow.

Not necessarily. I grow with a handful of small pots in a 2x2 (1L airpots, solo cups, and other 1/2 - 1L plastic containers), I put them in in two windowboxes and just dump nutrient water in the windowboxes each morning. They wick it up during the day. Pretty easy. I am going to set up some sort of automatic irrigation next grow as a travel backup, but otherwise it's not a big deal.

So your basically bottom watering?

I was planning on trying bottom watering myself. PPM raising due to salt buildup in the rootzone is a concern of mine… but I’m sure I can just top water to flush every week or so with regular strength nutes. If only there was a way to bottom feed and not worry about salt buildup

edit: Maybe salt buildup with bottom watering isn’t as big of a problem in reality? Interested in everyones thoughts.

From “Poppin-beans” on another website. He calls this his “swamp”.

EAA1C213-CA6D-4AAD-8DF2-60CB59011786.jpeg

Last edited:
Back