Outdoor Maria's Spring Madness: SS Jack 47, Mandarin XL, Dark Devil, FB Green Crack, G14, C-4, DP AutoMazar

The weather has been very clear, sunny, quite warm (for the season, up to 30C), with no rain.
It hasn't rained since last Thursday, I think, which is unusual for around here, which rains a lot.
I thought that their last feed, which was two nights ago, and just 0.5L each, would not be enough.
So, filled up my feeding bottles -- one 2.0L and one 1.5L, about a gal total -- CaliMagic and 1/4 Sensi Bloom.
Then, up the hill again. I'm enjoying feeding at night, the security is so much better, but enough light to see by.

Some of the pots still had a bit of moisture in the soil. E.g. the AutoMazar.
I think that the bigger plants while drinking more and respiring more, also have more shade over the pot to stop evaporation.
But some pots were fairly dry. And since it is night, the ladies are also sleeping.
So, it's a bit hard to tell from the leaves if they are too dry and wilting, or just sleeping.
The strains also differ, some strains have more upright leaves, others less upright.

The FastBuds C4-matic in particular had her leaves right down. The soil quite dry.
But, feeling them, the leaves didn't feel wilting, they still felt good and firm.
Anyway, I gave her a bit more to drink than the others, just in case.

The AutoMazar is maybe about 63cm = 25" already, and so is the Blue Amnesia.
They are the tallest two girls, still.
The Jack 47 and IIRC the C4 are up to a nice 50cm = 20" or so.
The rest are looking just fine, too.

On the whole, the Sweet Seeds are maybe taller but more stretched, Christmas tree shape, branches out.
Though they did go outside a couple of days before the FastBuds.
The FastBuds are slightly shorter, but stockier and more branched, which branches growing straight up.
The Mazar and Blue Amnesia are just big and open plants. Will fill out later, I'm sure.

Tomorrow and the next day maybe some rain, will be nice.
Then clear again for a day or two, then some more rain.
The rain scheduled looks about perfect. Just 5-10mm every couple of days will keep them fine.
Then I can add some feeds to that, stronger smaller mix if more rain, lighter bigger mix if less rain.

Love and hugs,
MJS
:love:

PS: No signs of any nutrient burn on any plants so far.
Also no signs of any nutrient deficiency, but that's harder to see in the dark.
A few have had a couple of lower leaves eaten, the Cream Mandarin XL in particular.
But no major damage. So, I'm not bothered about doing a neem oil spray at this point.

I think I've got the present mix, frequency of feeds, and overall water levels just good for now.
Their needs will increase as they get bigger, but then they will cover the pot and reduce evaporation, too.
Will slowing work up to 1/2 strength on the AN Sensi Bloom Coco AB over the next week or two.
May through in an organic feed somewhere along the way, just to vary their diet. :p

So.... as luck would have it, I won third prize in the Sweet Seeds April Photo competition.

It was with my lovely Jack 47, when she was still indoors under the light.
Nice plant, but didn't think that I'd win any prizes with her! The competition was good.

So, the question is: what strain should I choose for my Sweet Seeds 5+2 pack?
I'm thinking of Jack 47, as she won the prize, and I just love the sound of AK47 x Jack Herer.
But, I still have 3 more seeds of this, from my original 3+1 pack.

Any recommendations?

During one of the sweet seeds live events i think it was @Sweet Seeds Jay said the green poison auto and photoperiod strain is good for humid outdoor climates.
So that might be something you would like.

Good going so far Maria keep it up!:d5::pop:

Hey, thanks @Smorf -- that's really helpful info.
I'm scoping SeedFinder right now for more details and grow reviews.

In the end there was no rain yesterday. Just a tiny little amount, probably less than 1mm.
So... up the hill again to water and feed them last night.
I gave them CaliMagic and 1/2 strength AN Sensi Bloom Coco AB, about 0.5L / plant.

They're all doing very well overall.
The C4-matic seems to drink a lot, though. Or maybe her pot location dries out faster.
In the evenings her leaves droop down quite a bit, and the soil surface if fairly dry.
She's also probably maturing the fastest though.

Thinking about growth rates, the Mazar and Blue Amnesia are now both up around 70cm = 28".
Since they were less than 25cm = 10" when they went outside, and they've been out for 10 days now,
that figures around 45cm = 1.8" / day! Most of that is just massive main stem stretch though.

Looks like another fairly sunny or slightly cloudy day today, good for them.
But then should definitely have some rain this Friday and Saturday.
That's why I went up to 1/2 strength, which will be balanced out with the rain water.

In the end there was no rain yesterday. Just a tiny little amount, probably less than 1mm.
So... up the hill again to water and feed them last night.
I gave them CaliMagic and 1/2 strength AN Sensi Bloom Coco AB, about 0.5L / plant.

They're all doing very well overall.
The C4-matic seems to drink a lot, though. Or maybe her pot location dries out faster.
In the evenings her leaves droop down quite a bit, and the soil surface if fairly dry.
She's also probably maturing the fastest though.

Thinking about growth rates, the Mazar and Blue Amnesia are now both up around 70cm = 28".
Since they were less than 25cm = 10" when they went outside, and they've been out for 10 days now,
that figures around 45cm = 1.8" / day! Most of that is just massive main stem stretch though.

Looks like another fairly sunny or slightly cloudy day today, good for them.
But then should definitely have some rain this Friday and Saturday.
That's why I went up to 1/2 strength, which will be balanced out with the rain water.

I've done the Mazar myself a few times Maria. They do go big and yield really well too.. and the smoke's very niiiice too, should be even better out in the fresh air. [emoji1362]

I've done the Mazar myself a few times Maria. They do go big and yield really well too.. and the smoke's very niiiice too, should be even better out in the fresh air. [emoji1362]

Hey @Vlad The Inhaler
-- She had a monster stretch once she went outside.
Nodal length maybe 20cm = 8", for two nodes at least.
And the lateral shoots also have long stretch.
She's now up to about 80cm = 32" or so as of this morning.
It's day ... 33 only. She was about 25cm on day 21.
So, 12 days and 55cm growth. 4.5cm per day.
But it's all stretch, not much bushy growth.
Still, I think this is going to give her more light access later on,
let her be nice and open to the sun's rays.
Hope she can hold herself up.
I may stake or tie if she gets top heavy.

Back