Mañ'O'Green and GreenLeaf 2 part for Autos

I have not found a better base nutrient for the money than GreenLeaf Mega Crop 1 or 2 Part. Jack's 2 part with 5-12-26 and 15-0-0 is essentially the same thing.

The problem is out of the bag it is missing something until you make it ~1150 PPM. That is too strong for autos. That is what this thread and my work is all about. How to get the desired nutrient balance at the lower PPM of 550.

Why are you feeding magnesium alone? You need to learn about "balanced nutrients":

What do you mean by alone? I added it with the Megacrop same as your schedule.

What do you mean by alone? I added it with the Megacrop same as your schedule.
When I read your first paragraph it sound like you are using it alone? Anyhow lets take this from the top.

What is the starting water source and PPM?
What nutrients (brand) do you have available?
What media are you growing in?
What fertilization schedule are you following?

When I read your first paragraph it sound like you are using it alone? Anyhow lets take this from the top.

What is the starting water source and PPM?
What nutrients (brand) do you have available?
What media are you growing in?
What fertilization schedule are you following?

-Tap water 45-50 ppm
-Megacrop 2 part, epsom salt, Advanced nutrients calmag, Blue planet nutrients silica supplement.
- RDWC
Following your schedule with mc 2 part and epsom salt. only other thing i've added is 5ml silica for 15 gallons of water and I only did that twice.
Also using a SpiderFarmer 4000 turned up to max I think its like 480 watts from the wall.

-Tap water 45-50 ppm
-Megacrop 2 part, epsom salt, Advanced nutrients calmag, Blue planet nutrients silica supplement.
- RDWC
Following your schedule with mc 2 part and epsom salt. only other thing i've added is 5ml silica for 15 gallons of water and I only did that twice.
Also using a SpiderFarmer 4000 turned up to max I think its like 480 watts from the wall.
What pH do you work with?

What pH do you work with?
Knew I was forgetting something! lol. My ph is 5.8 - 5.9 majority of the time. when the ph hits 6.0 I lower back down to 5.8 after a day or so.

-Tap water 45-50 ppm
- RDWC
When was the last time you changed your reservoir? You cannot get good measurements using volume. You need to use weight. When you start weighing it out you will see why I say that.

This is what you should be running in the reservoir along with Kelp and Humic Acid and Botinicare hydroguard.

2021-06-01_15-53-43.png

We need to change it a little each week when you do a reservoir change.

When was the last time you changed your reservoir? You cannot get good measurements using volume. You need to use weight. When you start weighing it out you will see why I say that.

This is what you should be running in the reservoir along with Kelp and Humic Acid and Botinicare hydroguard.

View attachment 1325308

We need to change it a little each week when you do a reservoir change.
The last time I changed my res was a week ago. Your reply is very confusing for me to be honest. I don't understand the volume/weight thing. Are you referring to weighing the megacrop out? I thought I did that when I put the grams on the scale. Man this stuff is beyond complicated or I'm dumb as a rock I dunno but I thought if I put xx grams per gallon I'd be okay? was I supposed to be doing something different? thats what I understood when I looked at your schedule. For example, if your schedule says I need 22.5 grams for part A isn't me getting that number on the scale weighing it out?

In the chart you just posted it says 28 grams part A and 12 grams part b and 2 grams of epsom salt. Doesn't that mean I put those amounts in 15 gal res and I should be okay? am i missing something? X_X using AN was so much easier than this.

The last time I changed my res was a week ago. Your reply is very confusing for me to be honest. I don't understand the volume/weight thing. Are you referring to weighing the megacrop out? I thought I did that when I put the grams on the scale. Man this stuff is beyond complicated or I'm dumb as a rock I dunno but I thought if I put xx grams per gallon I'd be okay? was I supposed to be doing something different? thats what I understood when I looked at your schedule. For example, if your schedule says I need 22.5 grams for part A isn't me getting that number on the scale weighing it out?

In the chart you just posted it says 28 grams part A and 12 grams part b and 2 grams of epsom salt. Doesn't that mean I put those amounts in 15 gal res and I should be okay? am i missing something? X_X using AN was so much easier than this.
Do not use teaspoons (volume) to measure your nutrients.

Yes weigh them in grams on a good scale.Thoroughly mix 28 grams of Part A in a bucket of 4 gallons of water. Then mix 2 grams of Epsom Salt (I use NPK RAW B-Vitamin that is 99% epsom salt). Mix well then add 12 grams of Part B. Mix well, add the bio-stimulants, PH to 5.8. Drain your reservoirs, clean and refill 10 gallons and get it recirculating. Now slowly add the 4 gallon nutrient mix to the reservoirs. Top off with water to the max fill and PH to 5.8.

Does that make sense?

Do you have an EC meter?

Do not use teaspoons (volume) to measure your nutrients.

Yes weigh them in grams on a good scale.Thoroughly mix 28 grams of Part A in a bucket of 4 gallons of water. Then mix 2 grams of Epsom Salt (I use NPK RAW B-Vitamin that is 99% epsom salt). Mix well then add 12 grams of Part B. Mix well, add the bio-stimulants, PH to 5.8. Drain your reservoirs, clean and refill 10 gallons and get it recirculating. Now slowly add the 4 gallon nutrient mix to the reservoirs. Top off with water to the max fill and PH to 5.8.

Does that make sense?

Do you have an EC meter?
That makes sense and is basically what I've been doing except using different amounts of mc. I don't understand why these numbers are so different from the ones in the original chart though. I remember I asked you before about adding 50% to your original numbers for a 15 gal res. Using your original numbers and adding 50% would have me making a res with 22.5 grams A and B and 3 grams of epsom salt for week 4.

MC feed chart.png

I'm actually about to make a new res with the numbers you just kindly gave me but I'm curious and confused as to why the numbers you just gave me are so different than the earlier numbers. I also do have an EC meter

Thanks for taking the time to explain to me!!!

Back