LST with Fabric pots

Hey AFN, I've got a simple little tip for fabric pot growers. I'm always looking for a better way to do things so here we go. I have gotten a lot of positive feedback from this so would like to share with more people. I'm sure others have done this, hell can't believe it took me over 2yrs to think of it myself. I like/need to train my plants lst, supercropping, topping whatever you got lol. I also like fabric pot, but how to tie them down? I use to use safety pins, but they only last 1 or 2 grow once you get nutrients on them. Also it ain't fun to get jabbed either. I have heard some use binder clips which is a nice way, but I'm looking for less worry more permanent. So I came to grommets. So simple a caveman can do it, no offense to cavemen and cavemen lol.

20190129_160936.jpg

Here is my new Rain Science grow bag @Rain Science was generous enough to let me test. Is an excellent bag and didnt want to possibly damage it with safety pins.

20190129_160940.jpg

Grommets are easy to install all you need is a hammer and a grommet kit. Harbor freight has a 100pc kit for like 3.99. I got a kit at Home Depot for like $10. Just put block of wood should come in kit on 1 side of bag, take circular cutting tool on the other side and hit with hammer until hole is cut in bag. Then place 1 side of grommet in hole, place other side on top. Put striker bar in hole and hit until grommet is closed. Make sure you use quality grommets like solid brass to avoid rust. Now you can tie off multiple branches to 1 grommet. I recommend soft rubber ties. See so simple I used 1/2" on a 5gal bag. If you go smaller you may not be able to do more than 1 per grommet. Also make sure you put you grommets on facing the way you want. It will work just the same, but looks nicer with rounded side out. Here is a quick video on how to install. Thanks for reading.

Woop, woop. Just ordered mine from Walmat. No wood block included, but heck who doesn't have a little scrap of wood lying around? :smoking:
103 Pc Grommet Installation Kit Brass Set Tarps With Punch Tool
$8.59 and free shipping. :thumbsup:

9ae1fb73-67c7-4268-9fb4-e24d00fb9f96_1.fd8418e0c3d2a271cf24ad5a85ce6e73.jpeg

Woop, woop. Just ordered mine from Walmat. No wood block included, but heck who doesn't have a little scrap of wood lying around? :smoking:
103 Pc Grommet Installation Kit Brass Set Tarps With Punch Tool
$8.59 and free shipping. :thumbsup:

9ae1fb73-67c7-4268-9fb4-e24d00fb9f96_1.fd8418e0c3d2a271cf24ad5a85ce6e73.jpeg
Nice! Ya, anything solid should work fine. Let me see when your done bud.

Nice! Ya, anything solid should work fine. Let me see when your done bud.
Well, it may not be until the May grow cycle. My RainScience & competing fiberpot are loaded with mix and ready to receive the seedlings. And "free shipping" does not equate to fast shipping -- so its likely that I'd need to go ahead and plant these babies before the grommet set arrives. Can't imagine trying to install the grommets in a pot loaded with soil and seedling - though it would probably make for a funny video.

Well, it may not be until the May grow cycle. My RainScience & competing fiberpot are loaded with mix and ready to receive the seedlings. And "free shipping" does not equate to fast shipping -- so its likely that I'd need to go ahead and plant these babies before the grommet set arrives. Can't imagine trying to install the grommets in a pot loaded with soil and seedling - though it would probably make for a funny video.
Yes, I recommend not doing when already filled lol. There's always next time.

I seen this on that Rain Science thread. Saw the picture first. Thought the grommets addition were Rain Science's creation. I was so sold on them then I read the post and realized it was McDee's addition to it lol.

Brilliant idea. Looks real nice and helpful. Rain Science should think of adding this feature to their products.

I seen this on that Rain Science thread. Saw the picture first. Thought the grommets addition were Rain Science's creation. I was so sold on them then I read the post and realized it was McDee's addition to it lol.

Brilliant idea. Looks real nice and helpful. Rain Science should think of adding this feature to their products.
Perfect, my goal was to make it look it was "factory built" lol. I hope it sparks some thought in growers and helps people find ways do it better. I'm sure someone else thought of it before me, but havent seen it.

Perfect, my goal was to make it look it was "factory built" lol. I hope it sparks some thought in growers and helps people find ways do it better. I'm sure someone else thought of it before me, but havent seen it.
Wow why didn't I think of that I litterally have made shower curtains awesome thanks for tip

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

Back