Grow Room Looking for a Pump Timer

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to start a new grow using drip irrigation in rockwool and I need a timer to run the pump. I need one that can do timed shots during a specific window of time (ie only when the lights are on). I have timers that will do an on/off at specific times, and will do timed shots, just can't get them to do both at the same time.

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Power the pump timer from the timer that supplies power for your lights.

I use this interval timer to run my UV lights for a few seconds every 5 minutes, only when the main timer is on.

Timer

It also has a photocell, so you can set it to only be active when it sees light. I'm not using that feature, I have it slaved to the main timer.

The knobs aren't easy to adjust exactly, but once set its solid. I see that they now make a digital version for a few bucks more. That looks much easier to adjust if you need precise control.

Power the pump timer from the timer that supplies power for your lights.
Thought about that but I need to start the pump 2 hours after lights on, and last shot 2 hours before lights off.

I use this interval timer to run my UV lights for a few seconds every 5 minutes, only when the main timer is on.

Timer

It also has a photocell, so you can set it to only be active when it sees light. I'm not using that feature, I have it slaved to the main timer.

The knobs aren't easy to adjust exactly, but once set its solid. I see that they now make a digital version for a few bucks more. That looks much easier to adjust if you need precise control.
Thanks. I'll have to check the digital version.

Thought about that but I need to start the pump 2 hours after lights on, and last shot 2 hours before lights off.
Then just run a second timer just like the one you use for your lights, they are rather cheap these days.

I use this one, and use a separate timer for the lights. Works fine once you figure out the programming, and it programs intervals down to the second, which I need in my setup.

You do not need light and pump timers to be linked, you just need to coordinate them with one another when you program them. I set up my lights first, and set up the pump timer accordingly.

Timer Outlet, Nearpow Multifunctional 7-Day Cycle Programmable Plug-in Digital Timer Switch for Appliances, Extra Large LCD Display, 19 Programmable Settings, Seconds-Interval, 15A/1800W, Switches & Dimmers - Amazon Canada

I use this one, and use a separate timer for the lights. Works fine once you figure out the programming, and it programs intervals down to the second, which I need in my setup.

You do not need light and pump timers to be linked, you just need to coordinate them with one another when you program them. I set up my lights first, and set up the pump timer accordingly.

Timer Outlet, Nearpow Multifunctional 7-Day Cycle Programmable Plug-in Digital Timer Switch for Appliances, Extra Large LCD Display, 19 Programmable Settings, Seconds-Interval, 15A/1800W, Switches & Dimmers - Amazon Canada
Thanks OF. This is what I'm looking for I think.

Thanks OF. This is what I'm looking for I think.
It is the best I have found. It is the one recommended by CocoforCannabis.com, and that is where I found out about it. It is available in the US and Canada on Amazon, I'm not sure about elsewhere. Being able to program down to one second is helpful, especially if you are doing solos. Each fertigation during my last grow was as I recall only about twelve seconds. You may be able to do larger pots without being able to time by the second, but I would not count on it.

The programming of this thing is a bit of a challenge initially, especially for multiple fertigations per day, but carefully studying the instructions and playing with it until you get programming sorted before trying to set it up for real will help. Decide on and record each fertigation time on paper first, then do the programming.

Good luck with it. :pighug:

Screenshot_20220810-191643.png

This is what I use. Been working great for a couple of months. I had problems with 2 different nearpow ones. Was running it multiple times a day

Back