Live Stoners Live Stoner Smoking!!! BBQ & Live Fire Chitchat

Hey friends kinda quiet in here but here's some action:smoking:
I have the smokehouse loaded with @50lbs of coho/silver salmon
P_20180919_132145_1.jpg

Just an old wood smokehouse with stainless steel racks and a pot at the bottom for the fire. Peeled green alder for fuel
P_20180920_121214.jpg

Last edited:
And 8 hrs later it's about there. I always start out with a shot of temps up to 170F/76C, then cool it down. I'm going to let it idle for the rest of the evening then cool overnight.Then we'll vacuum pack it in the morning. This is a style we used before we had refrigeration and it's become popular with friends and family so we do it at the end of our commercial fishing season each year. It's good for a year in the freezer
P_20180920_174252.jpg

And 8 hrs later it's about there. I always start out with a shot of temps up to 170F/76C, then cool it down. I'm going to let it idle for the rest of the evening then cool overnight.Then we'll vacuum pack it in the morning. This is a style we used before we had refrigeration and it's become popular with friends and family so we do it at the end of our commercial fishing season each year. It's good for a year in the freezer View attachment 952948
Wow looks so tasty. It wouldn't make it a year here I'd be eating some each day.

My fav is lightly smoked and canned ..now I can eat that everyday[emoji106]
Are you from Alaska by any chance, or are least somewhere in the PNW? Green Alder....that's DEFINITELY an Alaska thing. Looks great....happy Fish Taco Friday!!

THEY'RE called KAAAAHBS Joe's dad's stuff

Are you from Alaska by any chance, or are least somewhere in the PNW? Green Alder....that's DEFINITELY an Alaska thing. Looks great....happy Fish Taco Friday!!

Yep brother I'm in Southeast Alaska :pass:

And 8 hrs later it's about there. I always start out with a shot of temps up to 170F/76C, then cool it down. I'm going to let it idle for the rest of the evening then cool overnight.Then we'll vacuum pack it in the morning. This is a style we used before we had refrigeration and it's become popular with friends and family so we do it at the end of our commercial fishing season each year. It's good for a year in the freezer View attachment 952948
I'd rub that all over my body and be such a happy man lol

looks soooo delicious:drool:

Howdy stranger, welcome to my BBQ & Live Fire Chit-Chat thread. It's been a little slow lately...sadly, I need a new smoker...that fishies looks tasty though. Good job.

only can post BBQ on here?

Back