Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright I'll shoot one out.. does platinumled have a light recommend for a horizontal stacked warehouse grow style
Turn key guys are great for veg but if I needed some more oooomph

Our panels could work quite well in a horizontal stacked warehouse grow. It would really just depend on how large the trays or coverage areas we are looking at. Would a horizontal stacked warehouse grow rotate plant based on their stage in the grow cycle (separate areas for VEG and BLOOM). Our lights do have different mount height recommendations such as 24" for VEG and 18" for BLOOM. We may look to releasing panels in the future that have dimmable drivers, but really depends on what our customers start asking for.

Our panels could work quite well in a horizontal stacked warehouse grow. It would really just depend on how large the trays or coverage areas we are looking at. Would a horizontal stacked warehouse grow rotate plant based on their stage in the grow cycle (separate areas for VEG and BLOOM). Our lights do have different mount height recommendations such as 24" for VEG and 18" for BLOOM. We may look to releasing panels in the future that have dimmable drivers, but really depends on what our customers start asking for.
I forget the exact mechanics of the specific system this person was inquiring about but I'll get more details from them later on in their project and I'll be sure to pm you ..

Been racking my brain for a question, and finally remembered something I had read about a while back. While there is not much information on it out there, I did find a few bits here and there that talk about "far red" light being used as a kind of "sunset simulator" to help induce flowering in cannabis plants. The idea as I understand it is that you use targeted light in the 680+ spectrum that stays on for 15-20 minutes or so after the main lights have all gone out. This stimulates the chemical reactions in the cannabis plant, getting it to get into flowering gear faster and allowing for things such as running 13/11 and in some cases 14/10 light cycles with photoperiod strains while in flower. Extra lights on time then leading to more/better bud production.

I know there is one light manufacturer in the Induction tube space that sells LED accessory pontoons for their lights setup with batteries and timers to achieve this. But other than that and the limited info on the web on this (much of it from 4-5 years ago) there isn't much.

I'd be curious if @PlatinumLEDTom has heard of this, and thoughts about it.

The black pearl anomaly... After self toping??? Mainline experience!!!! Ahhhh!!!
Anybody else get this??
image.jpeg

It's like hash... This a poppy cross??
:WTF:

Good question @Ozone69. It is my understanding that"far red" or (infrared) light can be quite beneficial to plant development, just in small quantities. Our 12 band spectrum does include a few IR diodes in fact. You just don't want to over do it.

IR light helps to induce flowering, and creates more robust stem growth to support more bud. Moreover, an optimal amount of IR creates proper node spacing. If you use too much the you can have node spacing too far apart. IR light also creates a lot of heat.

This sunset simulator may work well, but i would recommend it in very small quantities, especially if you use it with our panels that already have IR diodes. Cheers, T

So I'm new to leds.. Like you just slapped my ass and I'm screaming my first scream,new lol (how's that for a visual? Eh?) now I'm aware of possible bleaching if to close... They draw more cal/mag out as well.. Is this during veg or bloom? Or both? And from the looks of MW they draw something else out too...

What else should I be aware of as a first time led grower?

Afternoon Bud Warriors!!

Why not
Bring them inside and try
Them under some
"PlatinumLED's " Tom care to chime in about your flowering mode on the unit
We recommend using our BLOOM switch with the VEG switch for the full 12 band full spectrum experience while flowering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back