Status
Not open for further replies.
Confit de canard with pommes sarladaise. Mmmm....

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hey Tom.

Never used leds yet but it would I'm very eager to. How would you convince me to move from hps to led as there just so much conflicting information out there. Peace ✌

Thanks for the question @Bailey!

To be honest I at one time had drunken the cool aide and thought that HID technology was the only real lighting for growing cannabis, but in reality different grow lighting technologies are good for different applications. Dual Ended Technology like Gavita I think is pretty much the industry standard for very large commercial grows, but not ideal for tent or smaller grows. The economics just work out differently depending on the environment.

Here are few quick bullet points on the benefits of LED over HID:
  • You can target the spectrum of LED better than HID, wasting less energy in nm ranges that the plant doesn't need in great quantities.
  • LED run much cooler than HID, leading to a whole host of benefits ( can be mounted closer to the plant canopy, less HVAC energy costs)
  • Longer life (50k to 100k hours with LED, 6-12K hours on HPS lamps)
  • More PAR for less energy. Our p900 is a 1000w HPS replacement. Average input wattage for a 1000w would be around 1030, and the input wattage of our p900 is 515w with VEG and BLOOM on.
In the end it comes down to results! You can grow great bud with lots of different lighting technologies. Choose your own adventure my friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back