Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Tom! Only seen and heard great stuff so far!! Hoping you live up to the expectations!! But i bet you do!! How long have you been into growing cannabis? And more importantly - LED lights? :pass:
Sorry guys, stepped away for lunch. Here is some quick information on my background.

I've always been into cannabis, just never really a grower myself. I firmly believe that it is he best medicine on the planet and I'm actively involved with legalization groups like NORML.

I've worked on a few grows with a buddy of mine in San Francisco back in the mid 2000's. They were pretty much grey market basement grows of around 200 plants. I learn a lot about HID technology back then. I now live in Tampa, FL where Cannabis is pretty much black market, and I have a daughter so, no illegal grows for me.

I worked for a HID company based out of Oak Ridge TN for four years and was responsible with helping launch a line of controllable HID (CMH and DE) ballasts. While I was there, I worked with a number of scientist and engineers, who were experts in lighting science. One of them was credited with developing the first solid state 100% electronic HID ballast. During that time i spent a lot of time researching all types of grow lighting technology on the market (induction, plazma, MH, CMH, HPS, LED, etc...). We had a full lab with an integrated sphere where we could test multiple different types of technologies and compare spectrums and PAR results. I also worked closely with the Plant Sciences department UT Knoxville, on how different spectrums of light effect plant growth. I found it fascinating and learned quite a bit during that time. Unfortunately the line of HID ballasts and controls were never released, because the tech team couldn't get the ballasts working correctly, supply chain and funding issues.

I joined Platinum a recently and have really been impressed with the technology and just how passionate Platinum's customer base is about the product. I believe its a top quality product at a great price. The 5 year warranty and great customer service does hurt either.

Sorry guys, stepped away for lunch. Here is some quick information on my background.

I've always been into cannabis, just never really a grower myself. I firmly believe that it is he best medicine on the planet and I'm actively involved with legalization groups like NORML.

I've worked on a few grows with a buddy of mine in San Francisco back in the mid 2000's. They were pretty much grey market basement grows of around 200 plants. I learn a lot about HID technology back then. I now live in Tampa, FL where Cannabis is pretty much black market, and I have a daughter so, no illegal grows for me.

I worked for a HID company based out of Oak Ridge TN for four years and was responsible with helping launch a line of controllable HID (CMH and DE) ballasts. While I was there, I worked with a number of scientist and engineers, who were experts in lighting science. One of them was credited with developing the first solid state 100% electronic HID ballast. During that time i spent a lot of time researching all types of grow lighting technology on the market (induction, plazma, MH, CMH, HPS, LED, etc...). We had a full lab with an integrated sphere where we could test multiple different types of technologies and compare spectrums and PAR results. I also worked closely with the Plant Sciences department UT Knoxville, on how different spectrums of light effect plant growth. I found it fascinating and learned quite a bit during that time. Unfortunately the line of HID ballasts and controls were never released, because the tech team couldn't get the ballasts working correctly, supply chain and funding issues.

I joined Platinum a recently and have really been impressed with the technology and just how passionate Platinum's customer base is about the product. I believe its a top quality product at a great price. The 5 year warranty and great customer service does hurt either.
Glad you made it back @PlatinumLEDTom we'll get some questions rolling now

animated-hello-image-0017.gif

@PlatinumLEDTom

That a very impressive background are you a engineer ureself Tom

:yoinks: Epic.... No waaayyyyy tom diggin deep with the selections

Haha, i've being DJing for over 20 years as well (turntables not the fake PC DJ's). I can go on and on when it comes to music. On the topic of Major Tom here are two more:

I think everyone here knows I am pretty fun lovin and easy goin, I DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE MESSING WITH MY HAPPY BUBBLE! And that is all I will say about that, back to normal happy Derek.. Wellll after a DAB of course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back