Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon AFN Stoners..:bighug:..sharing one on a beautifully sunny Saturday afternoon.

Got the gardener in cutting the alfalfa lawn..(farmer)..and the air is fresh with new mown greens..one of me most favourite smells.
Grass..

IM AT MY AUNTIE WEDDING

Phew..I Broke into a sweat there..:what?:..I Thought you meant me.
Damn..I'd never have the heart to Train another one...the two I've had have hardly been house-trained.

This is my outfit

I Do like a man in a kilt..:drool:..cooooooougar alert....

If you let me put me hand up it I'll be able to Guess your Clan.......Yeah...:headbang:..if you have a 1/4 pounder I'll know you are a McDonalds..:crying:

Hey..I never said I told good jokes..:pass:..share a few and read it again..it could be hilarious..with the Right Bud..

Okay..I'm away for a catch up..wish me Luck..:headbang:..you guys can chat faster than I can read.

Put down another vote for the cardboard box. I picked up one of the shorter wardrobe moving boxes form the local Uhaul place. Use the bar across the top, coat hangers, and clothes pins to hang branches of the plant. I've got a small fan duct taped up to a hole in the back near the top of the box on a timer to run for 15 minutes every two hours with a couple intake holes cut and coverer with some screen material to cycle the air. Has a small carbon filter on the fan to help manage odor. Usually about 4-5 days to dry depending on the size of the plant(s).

Come on UK afn'ers where are you....
20160625_132709.jpg

Hanging them whole plant always freaks me out if humidity is high (common where I live), I think cardboard ( as well as brown bags) suck up the humidity the leaves and stems are giving out, and you can also draw some holes in it to let air flow. Now, I'm leaving the box inside the tent if I have the space, because Rh is lower.
If you have the proper conditions, maybe hanging them is the best though
Happy tokes and have a stony Saturday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I saw a cool napkins at my vet's shop. "Dogs have owners. Cats have staff."

Ha yes..I always say people pick dogs..cats pick people..:headbang:

Good morning folks. How is everyone?? Im still stoned from yesterday. :smoking:

That's how I Like the staff..@AFN we pee test the staff to make sure they have had Enough to smoke...:hookah:..especially weekends..

I've always completely manicured and then broken down either into brown bags or a dry rack (or both) - but i don't like the time it takes and the smell it creates (mad eh! .. love the smell in the jars lol).

To my Shame..through neglect I had two plants dry in their Pots last year...:yoinks:...the aromatics on them were Amazing compared to my normal trim and left to dry bud.
Also..when I have dried the full plant I hang them..all the leaves curls around the bud and are a pain to trim.
On the upright plant..all the leaves bent down the stems leaving the Bud clean and proud.

I'll definitely try it again this season...:thumbsup:

I use to dry in a cardboard box, hanging the plants. Decided it was a waste of time and space so I finally broke down and bought a drying rack. It has 6 racks that clip together so you can use only what you need. I like the mesh screen as it allows more airflow. I also use a small desktop fan set to low blowing on the rack. I've done this the last three harvests and it works great, even when humidity is up. and my buds are ready to jar in 3-5 days instead of 5-8 days. All drying quicker means is a slightly longer cure time. Just that little fan 3ft away stirs the air enough that if its humid, its not a problem.

Hanging them whole plant always freaks me out if humidity is high (common where I live), I think cardboard ( as well as brown bags) suck up the humidity the leaves and stems are giving out, and you can also draw some holes in it to let air flow. Now, I'm leaving the box inside the tent if I have the space, because Rh is lower.
If you have the proper conditions, maybe hanging them is the best though
Happy tokes and have a stony Saturday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To my Shame..through neglect I had two plants dry in their Pots last year...:yoinks:...the aromatics on them were Amazing compared to my normal trim and left to dry bud.
Also..when I have dried the full plant I hang them..all the leaves curls around the bud and are a pain to trim.
On the upright plant..all the leaves bent down the stems leaving the Bud clean and proud.

I'll definitely try it again this season...:thumbsup:

Hide that shame Mossy and tell em that's the Lebanese/Moroccan way of drying your plants.

The Cannabis-Plants are left on the field until they are nearly dry. By this time they will have acquired a brown-reddish color (some Chlorophyll is destroyed by the UV-Rays of the Sun). Finally the plants are brought in a barn to be dried completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back