Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not get a photo of it, but tonight's supper included a rare treat. An Appalachian favorite. Poor people food. A staple of my youth along with pinto beans, cornbread, fried potatoes, and government cheese. :eyebrows:

Two words for you.........kilt lettuce. :worship: Google is your friend. If you've never had this you are sorely missing out. Hmmmmmm, I might have to go make some more for dessert.:drool:

I did not get a photo of it, but tonight's supper included a rare treat. An Appalachian favorite. Poor people food. A staple of my youth along with pinto beans, cornbread, fried potatoes, and government cheese. :eyebrows:

Two words for you.........kilt lettuce. :worship: Google is your friend. If you've never had this you are sorely missing out. Hmmmmmm, I might have to go make some more for dessert.:drool:

And I'm betting "kilt lettuce" may mean something entirely different in Scotland !

:crying::crying::pighug::crying::crying:

Hey...nothing wrong with "poor people food". Simple cabbage, potatoes, and some kielbasa in a pressure cooker for a little bit with some cornbread is one of my favorite meals but you'd be hard pressed to find "cabbage and cornbread" on any five star restaurant menu. :smoking:

And I'm betting "kilt lettuce" may mean something entirely different in Scotland !

I'm betting it does. Let me try in English instead of 'merican lest y'all get the wrong idea about my leanings......not that there's anything wrong with that. :haha:

Killed Lettuce, or even wilted lettuce. However wilted sounds unappealing to me. Fresh leaf lettuce and Spring greens, chopped green onions, crunchy bacon, mix then pour hot bacon grease over all of it, salt & pepper to taste.

Heaven in a plate. :drool::drool:

I just got two Coronas out of the freezer. I put em in there just cool for a few minutes. People turned up and I forgot they were in there.Just got them out , take a while for them to thaw.

Got lime already cut up!:crying:

:glutton:Air express to the UK please.
right on arty, have to console myself with some home brew, nearest liquor store probably 250 air miles

Hey...nothing wrong with "poor people food". Simple cabbage, potatoes, and some kielbasa in a pressure cooker for a little bit with some cornbread is one of my favorite meals but you'd be hard pressed to find "cabbage and cornbread" on any five star restaurant menu. :smoking:

Kielbasa, and cabbage in the smoker. :woohoo:

Hoots mon, I'm nay tossin nay salad :crying:

In Scotland it is deep fried or not at all (Sorry Scotts :thumbsup:)
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back