Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for pointing those out. Looks like there are a couple different brands/models with the same basic concept. I was just looking at the little tote lid I trim on last time and trying to get some of the powder off it and remember thinking "I need to find a better something to use for this." As usual, looks like the universe beat me to it and someone already invented something better. :smoking:

Thanks for pointing those out. Looks like there are a couple different brands/models with the same basic concept. I was just looking at the little tote lid I trim on last time and trying to get some of the powder off it and remember thinking "I need to find a better something to use for this." As usual, looks like the universe beat me to it and someone already invented something better. :smoking:
I would try a few different ones at the grow store and find one that's comfortable for you. If you spend alot if time trimming you might as well be comfy

I would try a few different ones at the grow store and find one that's comfortable for you. If you spend alot if time trimming you might as well be comfy

The only one they have at the grow stores I frequent was a large thing called the "Trim Station" that seems more focused on making sure you have a place for your phone and drink than with collecting the keif. Also runs like $150.00. Looking around the web, one called the "Trim Tray" is catching my eye. Simple and not to overly expensive.

trim-tray-HH.jpg

A little kief can and does fall off at trim, and you can get kief from fresh trim (by screen sift, bubble ice bags, ect). But it seems to come off wayyyy better from dried (like weeks for leaves) and then frozen stuff.

I like those green plastic lap bins made for trimming that have the screen built in... But it seems youd need to be trimming on the order of many ounces to get any decent kief. Like if you were a pro bud trimmer for hours each day, it'd be perfect. I did buy on of those expensive ass handmade wooden kief shaker boxes, I've shaken ounces through it for hours and barely got anything at all lol! It wasn't for me, now it just sits in the drawer sadly.

I find the best way to get Kief from trimmings is to first make sure it is bone-dry and then place it in the freezer for like 48hours! If you do this, All the Kief just falls off like snow when u place it against a screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back