Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been in consultation calls all night. The farm thinks it has Hop Latent Viroid in some of it's plants; and my friend Ben Koch consults for a tissue sampling and analysis company, and so been gathering information, data, and pictures and putting together a call tomorrow night with the farm manager and owner of Boones Farm to discuss sampling, prevention, and treatment. Everything in the initial consultation tests out, so we're moving forward on the likely probability of that effecting some of the test groups and in future groups. The farm doesn't separate clone groups by mother plant, only "this is the same cultivar, so it's all the same in the tray." We're changing the SOP so that now all clones taken will be separated and segregated to the mom they were taken from, and then in the field, planting in succession based on mother plant tag. So if plants 00XXX-00YYY show the same signs, we can link them back to the mom they were taken from, and pinpoint if there's sickly genetics in the mother stock. We're also going to do a genetic test of current mother stock, to see if we have underlying genetic issues with the plants for next season before taking new clones.

Been in consultation calls all night. The farm thinks it has Hop Latent Viroid in some of it's plants; and my friend Ben Koch runs a tissue sampling and analysis company, and so been gathering information, data, and pictures and putting together a call tomorrow night with the farm manager and owner of Boones Farm to discuss sampling, prevention, and treatment. Everything in the initial consultation tests out, so we're moving forward on the likely probability of that effecting some of the test groups and in future groups. The farm doesn't separate clone groups by mother plant, only "this is the same cultivar, so it's all the same in the tray." We're changing the SOP so that now all clones taken will be separated and segregated to the mom they were taken from, and then in the field, planting in succession based on mother plant tag. So if plants 00XXX-00YYY show the same signs, we can link them back to the mom they were taken from, and pinpoint if there's sickly genetics in the mother stock. We're also going to do a genetic test of current mother stock, to see if we have underlying genetic issues with the plants for next season before taking new clones.
1697079668548.gif

:pass:
Razzle Dazzle their shorthand is dizzy. I love science but I trust my instincts also and UVA improves my crops.

Been in consultation calls all night. The farm thinks it has Hop Latent Viroid in some of it's plants; and my friend Ben Koch consults for a tissue sampling and analysis company, and so been gathering information, data, and pictures and putting together a call tomorrow night with the farm manager and owner of Boones Farm to discuss sampling, prevention, and treatment. Everything in the initial consultation tests out, so we're moving forward on the likely probability of that effecting some of the test groups and in future groups. The farm doesn't separate clone groups by mother plant, only "this is the same cultivar, so it's all the same in the tray." We're changing the SOP so that now all clones taken will be separated and segregated to the mom they were taken from, and then in the field, planting in succession based on mother plant tag. So if plants 00XXX-00YYY show the same signs, we can link them back to the mom they were taken from, and pinpoint if there's sickly genetics in the mother stock. We're also going to do a genetic test of current mother stock, to see if we have underlying genetic issues with the plants for next season before taking new clones.

I was just looking at a members sudden die back and dismal bud production that looks like a candidate for testing Hlvd?

It sounds like you have a solid good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back