Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Oct-Dec '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well stated---68 years old was a teenager in the 70's--I miss the old strains(not the schwag). This bubblegum strain breeding cutesy branding culture is out of control.
Thanks for the recommendation--- Twenty20mendocino afghani will be on my list of upcoming grows.
Word brother! ... you saw the true foundation landraces and crosses back then - :cool1:.... All the classic central and south American cultivars, maybe even real deal Thai stick...
Several years ago I tried Barney's Acapulco Gold, had three going but only one was close according to some older tokers (I was in grade school in the 70's)... Two were decidedly hybrid, entirely different in structure, buds, aroma... the one was narrow leafed, bushy/branchy, with lean moderate density buds and was an amazing floral/banana/bubblegum-like blend with a fab' upbeat lifting high...
the others were actually slower to finish, two rotted out, one finished nicely though. That girl was gnarly! Far from authentic, but geezus the buzz was wicked at first, very jittery/heart racing (literally) and IYF psychotropic. Took 2 months to become enjoyable, even for me! 😵‍💫:dizzy: I didn't share her with several friends knowing how this type of high affected them...
... Her aroma was all metallic-citrus, very sharp... Since then I've been looking for associations of this type of effect linking to this general aroma profile. So far, it's a pretty common link,...interesting!

T20M is loaded mate, their Trainwreck is golden too, brought me back just like AHaffy does! Their core cross Sour Strawburied is superb too, I wanted to try that before some of the others to see what's she's like vs. her cross progenies.
Berry cough syrup aroma, gob smacking potent, and the bud is about the most dense I have ever seen. I've mentioned to others already, when chopping it up it literally shards off the scissors and flies away- :rofl: gotta aim it into the bowl... it's like half dried epoxy in texture.
Alas, during bloom she was attacked by a case of stem rot that girdled her and killed off the top half :cuss:...but some is better than none!
Seems like todays strains many of them are like todays politicians! Substance doesn’t matter its all about the marketing! Proper marketing u can get lots of people to buy your garbage whatever it is you’re selling! :shrug:
...more Word! I look at the packaging, the garish colors, cartoonish graphics and say to myself "is this a fucking candy shop or a dispensary?!"
Yup, and the names often write checks they can't cash... :rolleyes1:
Had a few corn field, and bramble crops taken by 'the man'. In all instances they left very polite leaflets explaining that we could contact the tele provided to claim our lost property.
:crying:
Oh snap! The PO does a similar thing, sends a note explaining why they nabbed your suspect package, contents will be destroyed unless you come on down and claim it..:doh: :rofl:

1702758250167.jpeg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

T20M is loaded mate, their Trainwreck is golden too, brought me back just like AHaffy does! Their core cross Sour Strawburied is superb too, I wanted to try that before some of the others to see what's she's like vs. her cross progenies.
Thanks for the intel.
Yup, I've grown several of 20 20s and I'm a fan...coincendently, my next grow is Trainwreck(arcata) & Snow G--photos.
i grew a Vidamints----trimmimg the flowers was like trying to cut glue and was very potent and came close to flavor as a Kool cig.---although it was a 1:1---go figure....i wish i had it lab tested.
Thanks again for the insights.

Thanks for the intel.
Yup, I've grown several of 20 20s and I'm a fan...coincendently, my next grow is Trainwreck(arcata) & Snow G--photos.
i grew a Vidamints----trimmimg the flowers was like trying to cut glue and was very potent and came close to flavor as a Kool cig.---although it was a 1:1---go figure....i wish i had it lab tested.
Thanks again for the insights.
...got a Vida right now myself! She feels THC biased to me, I think the known range is 3:1 -- 1:3... mine feels closer to 3:1 for sure...

Ah, good on the T20M experience then! I want to try Strawberry Blonde next, still looking for that actual strawberry-like aroma, like Strawberry Fields has... SB might be the best bet for that.
TW will please you no doubt, really nice anytime high. Adam says there are cat pee pheno's common in there, so heads up on that :biggrin:
Snow G has been stellar too according to the OD growers here.. she featured in the OD auto-photo Comp a few time snow, always solid performance and top grade buddage!

Afternoon @Frankthetank and @Waira. :bighug:Just prepping some 9in pots for a WDA repro. Got the itch but soil isn’t cooked yet. Have either of you used Build a Soil Light?. Sharing a little UEL sift with you.:pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back