Status
Not open for further replies.
To all those who press their flower and then make edibles with the wasted pucks. @Mañ'O'Green and others.

Question---without any testing equipment or sending it to a lab, is there anyway to estimate the thc% of the rosin pucks after squishing so I can judge how many to use for edibles?
Not really……. You can just save a bunch, make oil or butter, and test it the old fashioned way….. cut with non medicated oil to dial the dosage back. I do believe there is a device you can buy that will test the infused oil….. @Fermented_Fruitz can tell you more about that

One of my refugee kids ordered a quarter pound online for $350 and it showed up in the mail a few days later, from CA to NY. Decent commercial bud.
damn thats a pretty good deal. I know people send to people all the time. Just didnt think companies could do it since its not federally legal. But I suppose legal state to legal state. I was so paranoid just ordering beans from online. I be way to paranoid to order weed. It is legal here now tho.

Not really……. You can just save a bunch, make oil or butter, and test it the old fashioned way….. cut with non medicated oil to dial the dosage back. I do believe there is a device you can buy that will test the infused oil….. @Fermented_Fruitz can tell you more about that
@idiopathic neuropathy yes it’s the t check use it to test the oil before infusion.

This is what @Mañ'O'Green told me while back about it

Here is some math that may get you in the ball park. Lets say you start with a 23% actives strain and you press 7g of bud 23% times 7g = 1.61g of actives. Now let’s say you get 18% yield from pressing that will leave 18%x7 = 1.26g. 1.61-1.26 = .35g of the actives are remaining in the pucks or ~35mg per puck. If you cut your brownies into 12 servings and you want a 20mg dose then you need 240mg going in 240/35= ~7 pucks.

damn thats a pretty good deal. I know people send to people all the time. Just didnt think companies could do it since its not federally legal. But I suppose legal state to legal state. I was so paranoid just ordering beans from online. I be way to paranoid to order weed. It is legal here now tho.
There's a loophole in the farm bill that allows thca flower to be shipped. Same loopholes that allow seeds to be shipped and d8 sold in gas stations. It's not technically THC until it's been heated and activated. I wouldn't recommend it, but just Google thca flower

@idiopathic neuropathy yes it’s the t check use it to test the oil before infusion.

This is what @Mañ'O'Green told me while back about it

Here is some math that may get you in the ball park. Lets say you start with a 23% actives strain and you press 7g of bud 23% times 7g = 1.61g of actives. Now let’s say you get 18% yield from pressing that will leave 18%x7 = 1.26g. 1.61-1.26 = .35g of the actives are remaining in the pucks or ~35mg per puck. If you cut your brownies into 12 servings and you want a 20mg dose then you need 240mg going in 240/35= ~7 pucks.
Thankyou for clarification...this is what my foggy recall from an old post from @Mañ'O'Green stated--awesome! The key I believe was ~70-75% of the actives are squished out, but couldn't remember....I'm good to go!
Thx again.

Awesome! I’m excited to see the difference in rosin yield between your organic soil grown NL, and mine grown in Promix with Nutes. :d5:
I most definitely am as well.
:woohoo1:

What soil mix do you use?
I make my own starting with humus from the compost outside, and from the organic fed worm bin. Then I combine it with perlite, various tree bark chips, Azo, Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth, and various organic amendments.(I've used decayed pine needles among other things.) Then I recycle all the after harvest soil back into the compost bin when it's spent, sometimes treating it with enzymes to help it cook faster and basically left discretionary until needed really. I just keep the temp & moisture where it needs to be, and feed the worms. Then amend the soil for the new pots as needed. :thumbsup:

:pass:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back