Status
Not open for further replies.

Is that really vintage? Like you've just had them laying around for 30 years or are they remaking it? Not sure why but I'm very intrigued :pop::face:

I guess the correct term would be more like "Original recipe in glass bottles"

Unfortunately, it is not legal to sell real original recipe root beer, which is a real shame since that was the motivation for the whole thing. I like coca-cola original recipe with REAL sugar. I have a several sources for that. The same goes for the OG Dr. Pepper.

Looking for stuff like Ginger Beer, too.

I don't drink much soda, but I figure when I do it may as well be as I remember it when I was younger.

I very well may wind up making home-made ginger beer (which if memory serves does have alcohol in it) but that is a ways off.

very well may wind up making home-made ginger beer (which if memory serves does have alcohol in it) but that is a ways off.
It’s pretty easy, and you can make it with or without alcohol. It’s just a fermentation…..

It’s the same method to make kombucha, you’re just making ginger beer. So instead of using the kombucha starter, you make a “ginger bug” ( google ginger bug recipe), then make ginger beer from there. All you need is a big glass jar (ice t jar), and some locking top bottles…. Plus patience. :pass:

It’s pretty easy, and you can make it with or without alcohol. It’s just a fermentation…..

It’s the same method to make kombucha, you’re just making ginger beer. So instead of using the kombucha starter, you make a “ginger bug” ( google ginger bug recipe), then make ginger beer from there. All you need is a big glass jar (ice t jar), and some locking top bottles…. Plus patience. :pass:

Yeah I looked into it many moons ago. Right around the same time I was looking to start making mead, then concentrating the ethanol with a 'still.

I have all the sterilization stuff already. Just need ingredients and bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back