Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, everybody in the veg tent is happy this morning!

1707576257443.png

I'm going to update the harvest flushing thread in Myth Busters with this; but I was reading through old posts and someone had mentioned about this study being done at Clemson University (upcoming.)

Well.

It happened.

It's interesting, confirms a few things but also raises a bit of situational awareness.

I'm going to update the harvest flushing thread in Myth Busters with this; but I was reading through old posts and someone had mentioned about this study being done at Clemson University (upcoming.)

Well.

It happened.

It's interesting, confirms a few things but also raises a bit of situational awareness.

I have not read it, but just lower the dosage of nutrients if growing indoors so they don’t are overferted when you harvest them. It’s cold outside (in many countries) which make the roots having difficulty’s to absorb and transfer them to the buds - so the plants are taking nutrients from their leafs instead as they have a closer connection to the buds. So the plants are basically “flushing” themselves.

Indoors, it’s normally warmer why most of us needs to bring down the nutrients the last week/weeks so that she slowly can use up the stored energy in her leafs.
But if you have underfed her and she’s tired and not full of energy it’s basically no point.

But with a correct grown plant I suggest, and you know it - that you can lower the dosage of nutrients in the final stage of her life.

I could go on but I’m a bit tired…. 💤

I have not read it, but just lower the dosage of nutrients if growing indoors so they don’t are overferted when you harvest them. It’s cold outside (in many countries) which make the roots having difficulty’s to absorb and transfer them to the buds - so the plants are taking nutrients from their leafs instead as they have a closer connection to the buds. So the plants are basically “flushing” themselves.

Indoors, it’s normally warmer why most of us needs to bring down the nutrients the last week/weeks so that she slowly can use up the stored energy in her leafs.
But if you have underfed he’s and she’s tired and not full of energy it’s basically no point.

But with a correct grown plant I suggest, and you know it - that you can lower the dosage if nutrients in the final stage of her life.

I could go on but I’m a bit tired…. 💤

The stoner myth is that not flushing your cannabis will result in flower that tastes like fertilizer and burns to black ash; neither of which are remotely true. But it's constantly still to this day perpetuated.

The stoner myth is that not flushing your cannabis will result in flower that tastes like fertilizer and burns to black ash; neither of which are remotely true. But it's constantly still to this day perpetuated.

It depends on the health of the plant IMO. Overferted, flush/lower nutrients. Starving/starved plant, there is no need…

Finding 3: Cannabinoid Concentration is Affected by FlushingCBD concentration in the flower buds was similar among flushing treatments in THM Jack, but CBD concentration increased with flushing duration in Southern OG. For example, CBD accounted for 13% of dried bud weight in the control group but 16% in the 4-week flush group. However, it is unlikely that flushing is stimulating additional synthesis of CBD. Instead, flushing decreases dried bud weight, which reduces the denominator in measurements of CBD per gram of flower buds. Often referred to as yield dilution, this means the concentration of compounds in plant tissues increases as tissue mass decreases.

Is this saying the weed is more potent when flushed?(at least with cbd in this study) Lower overall yield but slightly more potent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back