Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morfnoevight all you happy humpday stoners!

I think the only thing that the HID lamps might add that you don't or cannot get in large volume is the IR spectrum. This is a blessing in my case where heat is a major problem.
I add royal blue pucks 465nm in veg and far red pucks 700-800nm to initiate flowering and put the girls to sleep, this is the spectrum of my GrowCraft lights:
View attachment 1559371
Is it as good as the sun - NO. I do grow some very good cannabis with them. Bruce Bugbee IMPO is the authority for light in cannabis. He is saying UV light is of no added value.

I think he means bio-stimulants, I call them bennies. I think in this area Kelp and Humic Acids are a standard in all growing indoors and out.

The best soil rejuvenator recipe I have found comes from Daz But Build a Soil has a lot of great stuff also.

View attachment 1559373View attachment 1559374 This scales down to store shelf size products by dividing by 10.

Someone here was welding an aluminum soda can to a plate with a beautiful bead. Now that is some serious skill level. I did all of my welding with sticks. We never had gas of any kind. I was using an old Lincoln DC welder one time under an old tractor when the sweat on my back laying on the cement made me a better ground than the cable attached to the tractor frame. I will never forget that lesson.

If you are using ladybugs you already have insects shitting and dying and laying eggs all over your plant! Wash them buds!

I love that picture if it already wasn't stolen I would steal it Thank you Aaron James!

@ScottC We have a whole forum dedicated to medical use of cannabis.

@RosaB beat me to it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: us west coasters are always lagging behind.
well come to find out that wasnt his pic lol so feel free to use it. My point was people have smoked for thousands of years without washing so is it really that big an issue? If you are using to make meds I can see that perhaps it would be, but again I am new to this and open to learning.

Hi @Mañ'O'Green
"The best soil rejuvenator recipe I have found comes from Daz But Build a Soil has a lot of great stuff also.
2021-03-31_14-53-51.png2021-03-31_14-54-16.png This scales down to store shelf size products by dividing by 10."

I think I saw this before from you. I definitely meant to ask is there a ratio to how much soil that mix will rejuvenate?

Like how much per day 10 gallons of soil??
And does it need to sit for say a month or two b4 adding any plants to the soil for fear of burning the plant

Never going back to messing with watering cans lmao
View attachment 1559364

Lol bit of an extreme example but still :rofl: the thing is, when you water to run off quickly your pot doesn't absorb as much and then your pot feels dry again 24 hours later. With the pump sprayer, I can water to 10% of the soil volume with no run off and the pot stays hydrated for ages. This one I watered to 10% once before dropping the beans and this was 4 weeks later with no watering in between lol
View attachment 1559366
Pumping up a pump sprayer that many times…
1674683425929.gif

1674683357475.gif

well come to find out that wasnt his pic lol so feel free to use it. My point was people have smoked for thousands of years without washing so is it really that big an issue? If you are using to make meds I can see that perhaps it would be, but again I am new to this and open to learning.
I also wanted to aske regarding that, bear in mind I have never washed before so I am unaware of the process, but by doing that do you lose a considerable amount of trichomes in the process of the wash?

She won't do the Vous any more cause that NY mud is like a cross between quick sand and epoxy and gets knee deep on bad years. That's cool I got a ton of friends that show up every year from Conn, RI, NY, NH, Me, Canada and out to Ohio.
My buddies kids all still know how to party hahahaha....

You sure you can handle a half Italian half Greek with a temper hotter than fire and zero warning it just goes from everything's cool to thermofucking nuclear defcon 5 in 0.5 seconds ????
She gives my stubborn ass a serious run for my money
:crying: :rofl::crying:
Sounds like might first girlfriend. God bless that girl for putting up with my shit. Firey

by doing that do you lose a considerable amount of trichomes in the process of the wash?

short answer -> no, u don't loze any :nono: i wash my outdoor budz at every harvest time, becuz -> clean budz are happee budz :smiley1: :soak: ppp

All caught up now, kids are home. Ballet tonight, we'll see if she's in the mood to go. She's been having some issues with a girl at school and that's been part of the problem I think. Checked the tent before I went to sleep and it was nearly 90 so I dropped the light intensity down 20% from where it was. Checked when I got up and the temp was good at 80 but humidity had shot up to 90% lmfao. Turned the fan up to 25% and I'll check again in a bit. Seems like the pots are finally well hydrated at least! I think I ended up putting 10gal in between the 60gal of soil over the course of 5 days. Never did get any run off besides when I watered initially but I do go stupidly slow (2 gal takes like 20 minutes with my pump sprayer) so hopefully I've eliminated any hydrophobic pockets. It's been about an hour since I turned the fan up and it's sitting at 77/60% now. I'll turn the light up 10% and we should be golden here, yay!
Oh the game of dialing everything back in...

Hi @Mañ'O'Green
"The best soil rejuvenator recipe I have found comes from Daz But Build a Soil has a lot of great stuff also.
2021-03-31_14-53-51.png2021-03-31_14-54-16.png This scales down to store shelf size products by dividing by 10."

I think I saw this before from you. I definitely meant to ask is there a ratio to how much soil that mix will rejuvenate?

Like how much per day 10 gallons of soil??
And does it need to sit for say a month or two b4 adding any plants to the soil for fear of burning the plant
2tbs per gallon. Here's the rest of the missing info...
Screenshot_20230125-165431.png

Thinking about running 24 on till the seeds are above ground just for the sake of stability. Our temps have been all over the place here but as long as the bedroom stays in my comfortable temp range the tent is usually spot on.
I run 24 hours for the first week they pop and then dial it backnto 18/6. Just so they get there legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back