Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
morning all - how are you all on this day :pass:

I spent the morning preparing turkey tail mushrooms to put in to capsules, and forgot I had an Interview, luckily it was only the intro call so it was fine :crying:

So, a question to you all - as the vast majority of us are now on LED's and some are supplementing them with UVA/B and so on - does anyone miss or feel they miss HPS grown buds. Are we there yet? It maybe general memory loss, but I am getting the feeling that weed grown under HPS somehow gets the trichomes to mature better.....I have looked around and can find research that show LED's can increase THC levels VS HPS and MH lights, but cant find anything on maturity. Does anyone have a view on this? Would any of you consider putting an HPS light back up, or are those truly over?

morning all - how are you all on this day :pass:

I spent the morning preparing turkey tail mushrooms to put in to capsules, and forgot I had an Interview, luckily it was only the intro call so it was fine :crying:

So, a question to you all - as the vast majority of us are now on LED's and some are supplementing them with UVA/B and so on - does anyone miss or feel they miss HPS grown buds. Are we there yet? It maybe general memory loss, but I am getting the feeling that weed grown under HPS somehow gets the trichomes to mature better.....I have looked around and can find research that show LED's can increase THC levels VS HPS and MH lights, but cant find anything on maturity. Does anyone have a view on this? Would any of you consider putting an HPS light back up, or are those truly over?
There are some real advantages to CMH lights that are not addressed with led's. First is that led's do not target the long wave length Chlorophyll A absorption peak(425nm) at all and barely hits the beta carotene absorption range(400nm thru 500nm) with a single peak at 455nm. And then on the other end of the visible spectrum the 680nm/710nm Emmerson range isn't hit either.

If it wasn't for the operating costs and massive heat from a CMH that is what I would run.

Good morning y’all , morning @Talonxracer , @Zaaboot , @Mossy ,@Suki , @everyone lol! Wednesday day woohoo. Hump day! Checking seedlings soon, mix up a dose of MC for the big pot. Other than that, started 11/22/63 on Hulu yesterday. Read the novel… doesn’t seem to stray much like some SK book to movie translation. If the other two ethos mandarin Zkittlez r1 don’t pop up I’ll have to think what to do. Try my first side to side DWC vs S.I.P. , both SIP, both DWC, it’s all so confusing… lol. Got cloning gel… could veg the two out and “top” cuttings from them. It’s been many a since I took clones. May be fun… but that’s future talk.

Some member/s must be giving/selling their canna to our political leaders! :bong::bong:
Stop it!!!:funny::funny::funny::funny:

Again, a rash of people shooting others has got them spewing their stupidity and naturally the alphabet news media is jumping to stupid conclusions, well before any facts are known.

The facts still remain. Not really anything has changed in weapon technology, since the first shooting spree I remember as a kid, The University of Texas tower shooting. Same weapons are available. Different weapons are available, but are based on old designs. They were available then as they are now, it's just a little easier now.

In my youth, we had gun racks in our trucks and most times guns were there and loaded. We went hunting and fishing! A gunman would be stupid to attack...............not that any were crazy enough to do it.

What has changed?
DUH!
PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the rant, but there's only so much fucking stupidity a person can tolerate before that safety relief valve needs to be popped.
I just count the dead to understand community responsibility.

If it wasn't for the operating costs and massive heat from a CMH that is what I would run.
That IS very interesting @Talonxracer.
Thanks for the info on the wavelengths as well, definitely an area for more reading for me :pass:

morning @RosaB - thanks for the green tea, here's a little something to share around :pass:

hey @Jpkindbud -

I am in desperate need of new things to watch

Hey there @Mossy - how's tricks :cheers:
I make the rounds between peacock, tubi, pluto and such.......watched a dubbed rusian film tubi called Coma yesterday, pretty freaky cool.

That IS very interesting @Talonxracer.
Thanks for the info on the wavelengths as well, definitely an area for more reading for me :pass:
Don't get me wrong, the modern led's are great for growing, and are getting better, more and more specialized led's are being developed to address the spectrums missed, like the Samsung LM301h Evo mint that partially hits the Chlorophyll A peak and the Osram OSCONIQ E 2835 White Cyan Enhanced that hits the 470nm beta carotene peak.

Last edited:
I make the rounds between peacock, tubi, pluto and such.......watched a dubbed rusian film tubi called Coma yesterday, pretty freaky cool.
ah I see, you stray away from the regular channels and there you find the good stuff! I will check them out - thanks for the tip :pass:

morning @RosaB - thanks for the green tea, here's a little something to share around :pass:

hey @Jpkindbud -

I am in desperate need of new things to watch

Hey there @Mossy - how's tricks :cheers:
Only two seasons but Castle Rock was real good. So far 11/22/63 is slow but good. If you’re unsure check the trailer first. Also searching for stoner comedies. Disjointed was great! The movie “the binge” wasn’t all that good in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back