Live Stoners Live Stoner Chat - Jan-Mar '23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the rep @JP1 and @Fermented_Fruitz!
1674443588842.gif

Oh yeah she healed up nicely! Was able to perform in nutcracker no problem. Opened the winter musical theater performance with a solo and just found out she scored the lead in their spring performance. Auditioned for the spring ballet and was one of three kids from her level to get spots in the show, which is a pretty huge deal. The boys are same as ever, #1 went to his first middle school party today (as a 7th grader) and had a blast. He hasn't been invited to a birthday party since second grade so it was a pretty big deal. The boys bio dad was in town this weekend for a funeral so he met up with them today for about an hour at Taco Bell of all places (#1 picked it because it was fast and they wouldn't have to stay long if they didn't want to) and that went as well as it could have. I've been having God awful anxiety all day because of it, thank God for hubby he took them by himself to the meet-up so that I didn't have to go. Meeting up with your abuser for the first time in nearly 8 years is not exactly a pleasant thing to have to deal with. But I also don't want anyone blaming me years down the line for keeping them from him (they didn't even want to go in the first place but still). Yeah hah much fun.
High 5 for husband from me :d5: I'm a stepdad and I've been doing all the kid transfer stuff since this kid was 3 years old for some of the same reasons. Only really seems to work well for 1 of the individuals involved :shrug:

High 5 for husband from me :d5: I'm a stepdad and I've been doing all the kid transfer stuff since this kid was 3 years old for some of the same reasons. Only really seems to work well for 1 of the individuals involved :shrug:
Well, the whole thing was fairly uneventful thankfully. The boys are smart enough to be fairly vague and not give any personal information (school, neighborhood, etc) and hubby said that the ex was on what he can only assume was his best behavior. He is rather unpredictable (official dx from the military docs back a decade ago was "PTSD with rage" but I believe there's likely a personality disorder or two at play as well) and I was so anxious while they were gone that I was shaking hard, I've been nauseous all day. Just glad it's over and it'll likely be nearly another decade before he comes back around. Though, there's no one left here for him to come to a funeral for so maybe he'll just stay away from here on out. Either way it'll probably be another 5 months or so before he calls next so at least there's that.

Well, the whole thing was fairly uneventful thankfully. The boys are smart enough to be fairly vague and not give any personal information (school, neighborhood, etc) and hubby said that the ex was on what he can only assume was his best behavior. He is rather unpredictable (official dx from the military docs back a decade ago was "PTSD with rage" but I believe there's likely a personality disorder or two at play as well) and I was so anxious while they were gone that I was shaking hard, I've been nauseous all day. Just glad it's over and it'll likely be nearly another decade before he comes back around. Though, there's no one left here for him to come to a funeral for so maybe he'll just stay away from here on out. Either way it'll probably be another 5 months or so before he calls next so at least there's that.
This clown had to move 5 minutes away from us :nono: I usually do the swap at the police station and sit in the parking lot whenever they go for pizza. Also have to give the kid enough $ so that he can cover his "dads" food :frowny:

This clown had to move 5 minutes away from us :nono: I usually do the swap at the police station and sit in the parking lot whenever they go for pizza. Also have to give the kid enough $ so that he can cover his "dads" food :frowny:
Yeah this guy is literally across the country so like 99.9% of the time it's out of sight out of mind. We've been living with hubby for just short of 5 years now and they all see him as their "real dad" (their words, not mine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back